Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please allow reset at level 30!

DogsConkers

45 minutes ago, (PS4)JayCeeV3 said:

That is to my point exactly. Why should I care about MR 30 when I can access anything I want to at MR 18. And as to effort needed - that is what would make the leet-ness factor worth it then no?

You don't word your position very well, as the post I first replied to, had you say this Might give you an incentive, when for me? It gives me as far as an incentive as possible. It would be a punishment to me. Farming MR? No interest. Losing all of my items, with a good portion of them not being available anymore? 

I'm not losing my raid exclusive sekharas, my arcane helmets, my extensive mod collection, my faithful and lovable pets, my resources, my ship, or my progression in the story. 

Out of all the things I've read in the forums, this post wins the dumbest thing I've ever heard being added into the game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AriaSTG said:

so u saying that we should wipe the entire progression after we reach MR30?
is DE actually going out from the Beta phase? 😮 Server wipe? All that frames, mods, weapons, Focus, Intrinsics disappears just for a single stripe saying "PRESTIGE"

what does this "PRESTIGE" do though? does it shows how dedicated u were for the past years for collecting those things in game and u willing to do it again? Not once, twice? thrice? THOUSANDS?

I am quite intrigued by your idea, would you kindly elaborate this "PRESTIGE" thing you speak of.

"PRESTIGE" would be a MR30 weapon rivaling the mighty Stug in power.

You get the Blueprint only.

Crafting reqs are sensible: 30 million of everything ine the game; except Argon you need only 2 of those.

Edited by TamePingu
grammmmmmer

this one's going on the top shelf in the Library of Bad Ideas..

a total account wipe just for a single cosmetic is absurd. another guy who made this post a long time ago suggested adding some kind of NG+ Starmap, where you could take on unique missions where unexpected stuff happens, like Sentients getting involved on any node, objectives changing constantly, and of course, enemy and friendly modifiers. no idea what the rewards would be, but they would need to be good, as this is about as close to an "endgame" as we'd get probably.

personally I'm just gonna wait until it's possible to reach MR30 and see what DE say on the matter.. inb4 they add MR40 which you can only achieve by forma'ing every single item you have 5 times over for MR31, then again for MR32, etc.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Two threads about a nearly identical topic.

Why do I smell YTer ass around here?

Not sure what yter is, or why do you smell ass (you might need to take a shower), but perhaps read the thread.

There is a comment not that high above yours explaining how this happened (I'm not gonna spoonfeed you more than that).

3 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Not sure what yter is, or why do you smell ass (you might need to take a shower), but perhaps read the thread.

There is a comment not that high above yours explaining how this happened (I'm not gonna spoonfeed you more than that).

Dont take everything so seriously!

14 minutes ago, GerberaOverture said:

sure, lose 1500+ hours of progress for a shoulder-band

what they should allow at MR30 is instant-forma, without the need to level anything, ever

I mean... yeah. That's gonna happen, functionally

A weapons mod capacity at rank 0 is the same as your MR capacity. So at MR30, whilst you strictly speaking still have to level it to add more forma, the weapon is functionally identical before and after.

6 hours ago, DogsConkers said:

So as we approach the big level 30 sometime this year I think it would be a great idea to have option to reset your game at 30 back to MR 0.... yep you lose all frames, weapons, credits, focus, plat, mods, endo the whole shebang. You just get one unique stripe for your shoulder and keep your stats which will have a new indicator on the stat page showing you reset.

Steam achievements will all go to bronze because guess what? You can reset 2 more times after this and then get gold ones and a max of 3 shoulder stripes 🙂

Bugs Bunny No GIF by Paulina Rubio

No one in their right mind will want to sacrifice all that for just a single pointless stripe

Nice bait tho

My mind can wrap itself around, why I would want this... Specially when fashion frame is a thing.

Stripes arent for everybody...

I would a accept a reset and be cool with it only if I keep my mastery rank modding capacity bonus.

Like once I am mastery rank 30 I will l have 30 capacity mod points and once I am mastery rank 0 after reset I still have 30 mastery rank capacity point... But once I begin to rank up again I gain more and more points....

After one reset I start with rank 0 weapon with 30 automatic points so after potato my max rank capacity point will be 90(Normal 30 from mastery rank*2 from potato+30 from reset)

That would mean at some point after two reset I am automatically starting with rank 0 weapon with 60 capacity point because two reset 30+30

And after taking into account max rank potato 120 mod capacity points..

I would also add that when you do reset you have access to all the market blueprints of your weapon since the reset... Oh and you don't freaking loose plat or credit.

Absolutely not, keep the prestige garbo to Call of Duty. I know one MMO that had the "you lose almost everything" mechanic (Ragnarok online), but it was part of the optional progression, so it wasn't just for a stripe or some vanity crap.

The main reason for "no" is that there absoultely will be people who reset their account on accident, and then will complain to DE and beg for a restore (which most likely will be impossible).

8 hours ago, DogsConkers said:

So as we approach the big level 30 sometime this year I think it would be a great idea to have option to reset your game at 30 back to MR 0.... yep you lose all frames, weapons, credits, focus, plat, mods, endo the whole shebang. You just get one unique stripe for your shoulder and keep your stats which will have a new indicator on the stat page showing you reset.

Steam achievements will all go to bronze because guess what? You can reset 2 more times after this and then get gold ones and a max of 3 shoulder stripes 🙂

This a dumb ass idea lmfao. No other way to put it. Just make another account. 

8 hours ago, DogsConkers said:

Yep you lose all frames, weapons, credits, focus, plat, mods, endo the whole shebang.

Sorry friend, your post lost its interest here.

Considering [DE] will probably permanently continue releasing new Frames and Weapons, why would loosing what you already conquered be even considerable?

Wow OP, You really wrote this and posted on General, your bravery is... quite impressive actually.

But hey, if there's going to be a demand for such an OPTION, not necessity, I'm ok with it, tho personally I wouldn't participate, nor have any fun reobtaining everything, too much hustle for a studying Tenno 😛