Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please fix excavation missions

Tamatu

I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge at this point, but excavations are quite a broken gamemode, and some fixes are long overdue.

The most frustrating part of them is probably the broken enemy spawns. You can encounter this in almsot any excavation mission. You need powercell carriers to complete the digs, but more often than not you can wait qutie a long time before you encounter one. Sometimes enemies stop coming altogether.

Secondly: Broken indicators. Oh man, it happens in every mission as well. You can complete a dig and the indicator will not disappear and will stay there forever. In any longer run you will have several of these stuck all over the map, making it inconvenient to find any new excavator site spawns.

Lastly, please make the hp of these things scale at least a little bit. It's not as big of an issue as teh previous two, but them getting onetapped by an enemy in any more serious run is ridiculous. You pretty much need to stick to frames that guarantee 100% protection of the excavators, otherwise you'll eventually run into trouble. 2500 hp is basically nothing.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb ToaTamatu:

You pretty much need to stick to frames that guarantee 100% protection of the excavators, otherwise you'll eventually run into trouble. 2500 hp is basically nothing.

Protecting it is one part of the excavation, same for defense objects. Excavations are already easier cause you dont fail the mission if u lost one.

The broken spawns...for me it feels like killing all enemys at the way to the next one kinda help with it, because the game seems to stop spawning enemys if the map is already populated, even if these enemys cant find a path to you, the game doesnt spawn new ones near you.

• Like 1

I've been finding that it is normally a specific node or node mutator that causes the spawn issues for excavation. There was a specific excavation on I think neptune that used to have guaranteed spawn issues. So it's a good idea to keep track of where you encounter spawn troubles take a pic with f6 (cuz it saves important metadata that level designers can use to pinpoint the oroblem) and if happens repeatedly make a support ticket and upload the screen cap directly into the ticket. 

vor 23 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Cash201293:

I think escavations as a mode should be changed so we don’t have to rely on power cells from enemy’s. Like why do they carry power cells anyway when they are shooting the drill to blow up? Not really understanding that part of the concept. 

Gameplay mechanic, think of alot of games, red barrels in hallways with enemys coverign behind those obvious explosives, or a boss with its boss room providing the exact thing to defeat it, "luckily" having its only weakness to use.

• Like 1

Oh never realized the excavator HP doesn't scale up with enemies level... That explain a lot.

Yesterday me and my wife with fully upgraded frames and weapons (I was using a fulmin with several forma even!) lost about 13 excavators before we could finish one and extract in Neptune...

Often it went like this: each point, excavator spawn, run out of power as no power cell or enemy with power cell nearby, then one spawns, we kill it, and excavator is dead.

One time it went like this: excavator drops from sky, insta-explode before Lotus even says it is ready.

We only could finish it when we lucked out: enemies stopped spawning completely, and the excavator was in a room that was full of power cells due to previous battle.