MouadSaqui

What if this is the point from adding Railjack to the game.

So after watching a documentary about DE's past, and how they struggled to make a sci-fi mmo that is was originally known as "Dark sector mmo" (which is not the game that was published under the name "dark sector"), I think i finally get the point, and I started asking a wierd question that is, what if Railjack is a step forward to a better warframe experience ? Let me explain in depth :

Classic Warframe :

You choose your starter warframe, you finish the first missions now you are in your own orbiter, then from there you keep unlocking nodes in a very classic formula, you go in, you complete the mission then you extract, this basically is Classic warframe, with all the cinematic quests, mastery rank, void fissures, PoE/Fortuna, etc... untill you reach "End Game" which is currently arbitration, and all the high level content and thats it.

Now here is my theory :

What if DE's plan is to get rid of the entire "Classic warframe" formula and merge the old content with Railjack, what if we get to drive the new orbiter in a 3D space, and go to whatever mission we want, I mean.... its possible technically since now we can drive an entire railjack then go out to a normal on foot mission, In this case the formula will be drive to point A, enter the actual Corpus ship, rescue the hostage, get back to your ship and drive back to the next point.....

I know this seem really crazy Idea but I just can't get why DE would be unable to make something like this happen... what if DE make the tennocon 2018 demo real where we can actually go from outer space to Orb vallis, think about the possibilities... we can organize entire raids (squad link) to purge Kuva Liches that took over orb vallis !

Pretty sure DE said at once point that the plan was for the railjack to replace to the Orbiter and star chart. Though who knows if this is still the plan. 

8 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Pretty sure DE said at once point that the plan was for the railjack to replace to the Orbiter and star chart. Though who knows if this is still the plan. 

I thought I remembered that being briefly mentioned, but with them recently changing all the Orbiter interior that seems unlikely.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I thought I remembered that being briefly mentioned, but with them recently changing all the Orbiter interior that seems unlikely.

They just need to put 2 canons in it and you can actually have a solo Railjack ship 😉

I like your theory, going more toward a space sim? like elite dangerous/no mans sky + the combat missions we have already that would be awesome.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I really wonder why they want from this plan to making Railjacks cost 6 million credits and a ton of other resources.

1 hour ago, MouadSaqui said:

What if DE's plan is to get rid of the entire "Classic warframe" formula and merge the old content with Railjack,

Generally speaking, and from what I’ve seen discussed in various places, the idea is more that what we have now is remaining and railjack will lead to the next “section” of the game.  If I understand things I’ve previously heard stated properly then the plan is for the Tenno to ultimately be able to leave the origin system and head out to another system.  

Ostensibly this will be the system that the Orokin originally sent the sentients to and the system from which they are currently waging war against us from.  That’s been my understanding of what the plan is heading forward.  Anyone else is free to correct me if this is incorrect in part or in totality.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

the idea is more that what we have now is remaining and railjack will lead to the next “section” of the game

If they do this then the whole empyrean content should've been locked behind MR so that we don't have to deal with new players jumping to random ships not knowing what they're doing, I'd like this Idea to be implemented but, from what we currently have I think DE's vision is still unclear about what they want to do with Warframe, I mean.... new players who joined bcs of Empyrean clearly did not enjoy the game... and in my opinion low MR players up to MR 15 should be playing classic warframe, but if my theory turns out to be correct, we will have a better immersive new player experience !

30 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

If they do this then the whole empyrean content should've been locked behind MR

MR locks have consistently proven pointless.  I know MR 28’s who still don’t have a firm grasp on anything beyond leveling equipment and then I know MR 5-10’s who can run 2 hour survivals.

i get your complaint but MR locks aren’t going to solve it.

• Like 3

Same as adding archwing. None at the moment. The only point would be having the rewards worth while. Right now its wut? Things that you use for railjack so you can do railjack missions better so you could have better things to use for your railjack? Same as archwing. The majority of rewards are archwing mods. Maybe if they migrate arcanes from eidolons to railjack, it will have a point. But than eidolons will loose one, like that "raid".

Also i don't see a point in 4 ppls on my incredibly huge and empty ship. Do we need all that space filled with air for something? Oh yeah, fun game mechanic like boarding (pro tip get some vapor specters with exergis and maybe cp auras, and wall off your bridge with atlas). I can do 6 mins gain points with just an artillery gunner and a pilot, battlefield attack helicopter style. The extra 2 mooks come in handy if you want to loot tho.

The programming code forbids merging everything into 1. So everything is good as islands.

12 hours ago, Miser_able said:

i hope it does, at least as an option for those who want it.

11 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Generally speaking, and from what I’ve seen discussed in various places, the idea is more that what we have now is remaining and railjack will lead to the next “section” of the game.  If I understand things I’ve previously heard stated properly then the plan is for the Tenno to ultimately be able to leave the origin system and head out to another system.  

Ostensibly this will be the system that the Orokin originally sent the sentients to and the system from which they are currently waging war against us from.  That’s been my understanding of what the plan is heading forward.  Anyone else is free to correct me if this is incorrect in part or in totality.

PC Gamer just did an article with them on this subject. They said right now, they don't wanna say yes or no on travelling to the Tau system, but that they at least want to give players a tease of it eventually. A glimpse into what it's like. 

Edit:

Found the article, fun read. Really curious on their talk about the New War changing the system we've come to know.

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-warframes-most-ambitious-update-ever-is-launched-a-new-era-of-unprecedented-conflict/

Edited by (PS4)GbHaseo

They do keep bringing up how they wanted to make something else originally and how they ended up with adding minimum viable products over minimum viable products to have the warframe that is now.

They also have a bad habit of biting more than they can chew (from past experiences) and then putting things on hold or downright ignoring or removing it because "it is not worth the effort"

That being said , i do believe they WANT to create a holistic universe and not content islands, just that their decision made so far will be making it difficult unless they change many of the things that act as the foundation of warframe.

Also the whole of the 6 million cred thing and time required was a delay tactic and nothing more so those that have just joined the game would have to actually get to a certain level of competency , there is no deeper meaning to it. Sure you could still bypass most of the game and manage to get the resources but most would actually have to play the game.

I'd say there's some extent of OP's theory that will be the case.

I imagine the future of the game not being separated by nodes.
..More open worlds with areas that can procedural generate, "dungeons."
Take off from the ground and head up into atmo, where a whole space fight is going on.

We'll see.

Lol no, I doubt that would ever happen. Warframe always was about emulating what would have been their dream game, not really making it into a reality.

Which became the beautiful mishmash of things we love and love to hate, but it's nothing like their og plans.

Also, I doubt the engine we have can ever support this kind of gameplay. Don't get me wrong, I'd probably love it, but it's unlikely

Better hope for warframe 2 I guess

To some extent that could easily be a reality, especially as the hard part is already done in Railjack: seamless loading.

Simply walking around your ship and watching it fly (load) into a mission without any loading screens where you then disembark your ship and find some entry point into the mission area would make everything feel far more interconnected.

But more or less making the entire starchart an open world area sounds like a bit much. Biggest concern I'd imagine would be performance problems as a lot of players can't even run the current ones. But DE has surprised us before with what they can strap onto the game so who knows.

12 hours ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Basically, Warframe's gonna turn into a more violent version of Star Trek? 

star trek laughing GIF

I like to dream too, but alas. ^^

1 hour ago, trst said:

To some extent that could easily be a reality, especially as the hard part is already done in Railjack: seamless loading.

Simply walking around your ship and watching it fly (load) into a mission without any loading screens where you then disembark your ship and find some entry point into the mission area would make everything feel far more interconnected.

But more or less making the entire starchart an open world area sounds like a bit much. Biggest concern I'd imagine would be performance problems as a lot of players can't even run the current ones. But DE has surprised us before with what they can strap onto the game so who knows.

Seamless loading is what Steve talked about in one interview and I believe this is what they are planning to achieve with Empyrean. We would still have nodes as we have now, but we will be able to fly our ship from mission to mission without a loading screen. However, I don't think we are going to see this happen anytime soon.

In general, Empyrean is realizing the original vision of Warframe – flying around in your ship and doing missions with seamless transitions between ship interiors and exteriors. So in the future when we are doing a Grineer galleon exterminate we will just fly next to it with our ship, go outside to fly into it, complete the mission, maybe fly around to collect resources, and return from mission. Sounds fun to me if they manage to pull it off.

31 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Seamless loading is what Steve talked about in one interview and I believe this is what they are planning to achieve with Empyrean. We would still have nodes as we have now, but we will be able to fly our ship from mission to mission without a loading screen. However, I don't think we are going to see this happen anytime soon.

In general, Empyrean is realizing the original vision of Warframe – flying around in your ship and doing missions with seamless transitions between ship interiors and exteriors. So in the future when we are doing a Grineer galleon exterminate we will just fly next to it with our ship, go outside to fly into it, complete the mission, maybe fly around to collect resources, and return from mission. Sounds fun to me if they manage to pull it off.

That would be awesome. :surprised:

I’m praying they integrate RJ into some bigger mode like raids. Can u imagine a big battle with 4-5 fully manned RJs, be still my heart!!  I know Liches will play a part and maybe there’s a big space war coming where ships will play an integral part. My worst fear is this is it and it won’t really be worked on more but I doubt it. Great mode I’ve been really impressed with the ground work for RJ although a little shoddy at times. Lots of potential. 

39 minutes ago, hendrix923 said:

Can u imagine a big battle with 4-5 fully manned RJs

Not without 4-8 host migrations per second I can't.