Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to do a controlled short jump

(PSN)northern_rebal

Question

I'm still having problems with short jumps.  Thru practice I can do long jumps, and can speed thru missions, but when it comes to a short jump (like jump onto a barrel) I'm at a lost. I always jump too far.

Don't say "just practice", you have to know what you're trying to do before you practice it.  Obviously it's not a bullet jump, just pressing jump doesn't get me far enough, so what do I have to do?

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

Obviously it's not a bullet jump, just pressing jump doesn't get me far enough, so what do I have to do?

If a regular jump doesn't get you far enough, and a bullet jump is too much, then there are two things that can allow you to fine-tune your jumping:

1. Double jump - press jump again while you are in the air.  You'll do a little front flip which will increase the height and/or length of your jump, but not as much as a bullet jump.  The double jump can also break your momentum and allow you to change direction in the air.  That is hard to explain, so I will have to say "practice" that.

2. Use aim-glide to slow your descent. While in the air, hold "aim" (L2 on PS4) and you will defy gravity.  You have a limited ability to steer yourself while you glide plus you get additional jump distance.

You can also combine these two things for very precise platforming.

Edited by (PS4)Dr_Bruiser

1 hour ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

I'm still having problems with short jumps.  Thru practice I can do long jumps, and can speed thru missions, but when it comes to a short jump (like jump onto a barrel) I'm at a lost. I always jump too far.

Don't say "just practice", you have to know what you're trying to do before you practice it.  Obviously it's not a bullet jump, just pressing jump doesn't get me far enough, so what do I have to do?

So you haven't tried double-jumping, have you?