Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Get A Volt Rework, You Get A Volt Rework, Everyone Gets A Volt Rework!

Solaurus

This is a Volt rework if the title didn't tip you off so.

More Volt ability suggestions yay!!!!

1:Shock: Keep it as it is but make it more spammable. Volt is an alternative to gunplay, therefore you should be able to get away with depending on your abilities about 50% of the time.

Suggestion:

15 Energy

300/350/400electrical/armor ignore

Still stuns and chains.

Applies a charge to enemies.

2:Speed: Remove the fish eyes. Give Volt a chance to be unaffected by attacks that hit him.

Suggestions:

Same speed as now

No fish eye.

Volt has a 50/60/70% chance to dodge incoming bullets.

65 energy

3: Ele. Aegis:

Still a frontal shield but let's make it mobile and give it an offensive property that doesn't depend on guns.

Suggestion:

Shield is larger

Moves with Volt.

Pressing 3 with the shield activated sends an electric pulse out of the shield

Deals 300/400/500 Ele.damage/impact damage. Rag dolls

Pressing any other skill drops the shield and places it as a stationary cover.

Pressing 3 while that stationary Ele.Aegis is active

pulls the shield back to Volt.

Applies gun bonus only while set as stationary cover. While picked up, the shield blasts serve as your weapon while it's active.

80 Energy

Overload: This ult sucks. I'm gonna try to make it unsuck.

Using Overload sends out an electric pulse in 1 hit like the original.

Deals 800/900/1000 Elec/ Impact.

Rag dolls enemies away from Volt.

Bursts charges set by Shock to deal an extra 200/300/400 elec damage.

I mostly agree.

I'd get rid of the deployable aspect of the ES and just have it so it stays in front of volt and if an enemy gets to close the shield, it emits a miniature shock effect similar to Tesla (once per enemy).

With speed, I'd tweak it so it doesn't let avoid bullet damage exactly, but instead just resists knockdown and stun effects (if you're moving fast enough then you don't really need to dodge bullets as a passive - enemies just tend to miss).

With overload, again, I mostly agree it just needs more 'umph' and he needs to be able to move after a certain time instead of being stuck until EVERY light in a 4000ft radius has blown out. I'd take out the ragdoll though, but that's just me.

Edited by Phantom_Jack

I disagree with adding armour ignore. I know, electricity is negated by nearly everyone (Excluding Corpus) but with armour 2.0 on it's way there's no reason to add more things with armour ignore.

As far as I'm aware, only Ash and Saryn posses any abilities with armour ignore, and only one of those frames is considered amazing.

As for your reworks I like the idea of having the first ability at a low cost with chains, but stuns I would walk away from. Lightning could disable shortly as it already does, I don't see a need to add anything else to it.

Speed, I like the fish-eyes effect and a dodge chance seems nice, but then several other frames deserve it more. As such, speed should stay as it is.

Aegis is fine, I seriously don't understand why people complain. It buffs weapons, it blocks bullets, it's a stationary defence in a game that is about fluidity. A moving shield would just get annoying and deny other players the opportunity to use it. Players already block bullets, a volt in the middle would take up nearly all the shield. Also, it doesn't need to be bigger in the slightest.

As for the ulti, it does need a kick up the rear, it could be so much better. Hell, it's amazing on Corpus ships but that feels like it is meant to work there, it hasn't been matched well with the other tile sets.

I disagree with adding armour ignore. I know, electricity is negated by nearly everyone (Excluding Corpus) but with armour 2.0 on it's way there's no reason to add more things with armour ignore.

As far as I'm aware, only Ash and Saryn posses any abilities with armour ignore, and only one of those frames is considered amazing.

As for your reworks I like the idea of having the first ability at a low cost with chains, but stuns I would walk away from. Lightning could disable shortly as it already does, I don't see a need to add anything else to it.

Speed, I like the fish-eyes effect and a dodge chance seems nice, but then several other frames deserve it more. As such, speed should stay as it is.

Aegis is fine, I seriously don't understand why people complain. It buffs weapons, it blocks bullets, it's a stationary defence in a game that is about fluidity. A moving shield would just get annoying and deny other players the opportunity to use it. Players already block bullets, a volt in the middle would take up nearly all the shield. Also, it doesn't need to be bigger in the slightest.

As for the ulti, it does need a kick up the rear, it could be so much better. Hell, it's amazing on Corpus ships but that feels like it is meant to work there, it hasn't been matched well with the other tile sets.

I'm pretty sure Rhino Stomp, M.Prime, and a few others ignore armor as well. And I know you don't have any ill intentions, but I absolutely hate it when people say "Armor 2.0 is on its way so no" because we have absolutely NO idea on how Armor 2.0 will turn out. We have no idea if it really will fix the issue concerning anything not Armor Ignore being complete crap above level 70. I think and conceive these ideas in the present, and if Armor 2.0 does in fact fix these issues then I will edit my post. For now however, please, just think in the present because from Scott's recent post, it seems like Armor 2.0 is a ways off.

I would also keep the Electronic explosion function except do it like this:

All Electronics that are exploded by Overload tunr into a continious AOE Rain

Solaurus, on 05 Oct 2013 - 9:31 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure Rhino Stomp, M.Prime, and a few others ignore armor as well. And I know you don't have any ill intentions, but I absolutely hate it when people say "Armor 2.0 is on its way so no" because we have absolutely NO idea on how Armor 2.0 will turn out. We have no idea if it really will fix the issue concerning anything not Armor Ignore being complete crap above level 70. I think and conceive these ideas in the present, and if Armor 2.0 does in fact fix these issues then I will edit my post. For now however, please, just think in the present because from Scott's recent post, it seems like Armor 2.0 is a ways off.

I wasn't meaning to be disrespectful, but my point was that we have no idea how the changes will be, so it seems like a cop out to go for armour ignore. You are right though, Rhino Stomp does ignore armour but M. Prime doesn't. And it was only the first ability I pointed to Armour 2.0 for. Just a personal grievance, I dislike the need for armour ignore so I have to remain perpetually optimistic that Armour 2.0 is coming. Mostly because I want a change.

Copy/Paste of what I post in every Volt thread:

Fixing VOLT is a simple process, DE just needs to listen to the right feedback.

SHOCK:

● Buff the damage to a respectable number, this may vary depending on how helpful the upcoming damage/armor rework is.

● Improve the stun, an electrical ability should be a reliable taser, especially when its damage falls off in higher level content.

SPEED:

● Perfectly fine as is. (There needs to be a toggle for the field of view change, as some people get sick from it.)

● Also, it's not necessary, but boosting VOLT's base sprint speed to 1.1 or 1.15 would be a welcome change.

ELECTRIC SHIELD:

● Allow Shield to be Stretched, (if it still can't).

● Let it be compatible with +Power Strength, (Focus & Storm Helmet), Roar & Sonar are and they aren't restricted to Electric damage.

● Stun enemies that come into contact with it.

OVERLOAD:

● Return the animation to how it was before, short & sweet.

Currently, the animation is just waaay too long to be effective, it's ridiculous.

OVERLOAD would become more useful & unique if VOLT was only midair for the first few moments of the ability, then free to move while nearby electronics get overloaded with electricity.

Edited by Flackenstien

There is one thing i don't understand about these revampthreads for Volt: Why are people so insistant on following his flavortext? (The "alternative to gunplay"). I actually like that he is BOTH a caster and weapon-boosting warframe. Most Warframes are already like that actually if you think about it:

Banshee - Sonar is a weaponenhancer, Sonic Boom and Soundquake are both "spells" (And silence is a crappy ... nothing :/)

Rhino - Roar is a weapon AND spellenhancer, while the other 3 are more "spell-like"

By letting Volt also be one of those that have a mixed bag, he will be able to remain more versatile imo. The problem is not really his abilities, it's just that they the lack some synergy.

So, here i am making MY Volt rework :D

- Shock -
Needs some oomph for sure. On top of having its damage raised (Needs at least a 3x damage-increase, seriously! It does 200 damage max?! HAHAHA how puny for a pure damageskill!) and that it should ignore armorvalues, some more things need to be done to it. Here is how i visualize it:
1) When activated, a thick lightning bolt is made that travels in a straight line, dealing high damage to anyone it hits. It goes through all targets in the line, all suffering equal damage. Number of targets able to be hit by this "line lightning" is unlimited. Stops when it hits terrain though.
2) Anyone that is close to the lightning bolt (close to the "line lightning" anywhere along its line or at the end of it, doesn't matter, just anywhere near it!) suffers arcing damage. This arcing lightning can then further arc over to another enemy etc, etc. This arcing damage is lesser than the main line lightning, but all targets suffering arc damage take equal damage (No reduction between jumps). Has a set amount of targets that can be arced over to (Like max 10?). Arcing range is quite far too.
3) A target CANNOT be hit by both the line lightning and the arc lightning, only one of each.
4) Should also be able to instantly hack consoles if it hits it / jumps over to one (Should not count towards the target limit though). I mean, why not? That'd give Volt some quite unique functionality!
5) In addition, this skill should stun any non-boss target for a short while (Including targets like Ancients...) (To make sure it has utility even if its damage is lackluster in endgame). This is VERY important to give it utility and at least SOME synergy with your other skills (Stationary targets are easier to attack, thus sort of synergizing with Speed when going for melee attacks and with Electric Shield when shooting)
6) It should also be castable while moving, without stopping your movement (no brief "halt"). Maybe castable without interrupting your reload?
Focus - Damage increased (Same as now)
Stretch - Longer arcing range and increased amount of targets chainable (New!)
Continuity - Longer stun duration (New!)

- Lightning Speed - (Name better in line with Volt's theme)
I don't really think it fits being a group buff. but i guess that can stay. Only one groupbuff nerf:
* The boosted allies should only get half the bonuses of what Volt gets.
Now for the buffs:
* Next, i would remove the whole camera-zoom-thingy. It's just annoying.
* On top of the runspeed, it should also give buffs to ALL the weaponry (not only melee!): Faster reload speed and faster rate of fire for ranged weapons, and faster attack speed and faster charge-rate for melee weapons. The bonuses should be noticeable, but nothing insane either (up to 50% melee bonuses but only up to 30% for the ranged bonuses or so?) A nice and simple buff to make this utility-skill have OFFENSIVE useage too.
* Your rolling-animation should also be faster during this ability!
* Another boost to this skill could be something like: When you sprint during this effect, enemies are less likely to hit you with their ranged weaponry!
Focus - Increased offensive speed bonuses (not the runspeed) (New!)
Stretch - Increased ally buffing range (Same as now)
Continuity - Increased duration (Same as now)

- Electric Shield -
A great skill that MANY people underestimate. Sure, it has bugs, but that's doesn't mean that it's useless (when it DOES work, it's insanely good and versatile!). Regardless of that, I too think that it could still need a few tweaks:
* The electric damagebonus should scale with levels. Could be something like 15/25/35/50% bonus electrical damage)
* Whenever an enemy comes close to the shield, they are shocked with a slightly damaging lightning beam (Like, 15/30/45/60 electrical damage) and stuns very briefly (or maybe just staggers?). This lightning attack shouldn't be able to strike a single target more than once per Electric Shield cast, but can strike an infinite amount of DIFFERENT enemies (Different from Vauban's Tesla in the exact opposite way)
* Here is also another idea on how it could be a more versatile ability:
Tap the button = Creates a shield which follows you around in front of you! (New!)
Hold the button = Creates a shield in a stationary fashion (just like now)
Creating a following shield in front of you can make it synergize very well with Speed (and the new Overload for protection too)!
Focus - Increased bonus lightning damage and proximity lightningbeam damage (New!)
Stretch - Increased shield size (New!)
Continuity - Increased duration (Same as now?)

- Overload -
A powerful skill, that just needs some slight bonuses to it:
* During Overload, you should be able to interact with it a little more, namely, on top of the regular effect pulsating, you should also be able to repeatedly shoot out lightning bolts (like a weaker single target Shock in a semi-automatic fashion) when leftclicking during its effect, all the way until you land. I think that would make it more fun to use (More interaction during ultimates is more fun rather than just Press button, watch the animation, wait til the effect ends).
* Maybe also make it so that you can still move around (although slightly slower, somewhat redeemed by your Speed ability) and also be able to cast your abilities while it lasts! That would make it way more fun and versatile to use!
* I'd also make it similar to Shock, that it would be able to instantly hack consoles that the lightning hits (both the aoe and manually shot lightning bolts).
* The Overload AoE should stun targets, and the manually cast lightning bolts should stagger and/or briefly stun targets (depending if it is a heavy or light unit, or a boss etc)
Focus - Increased damage (including the manual lightning-bolt-shots!) (New for the manual shots!)
Stretch - Increased AoE radius (Same as now)
Continuity - Increased hovering and lightning pulsation amounts (and thus also longer manual-firing-duration) (New!) (Note; Fractions will be made into an extra lightning pulsation doing less damage, relative to the fraction amount)

Note on some synergize that have occurred now:

Overload & E. Shield - Since you are hovering during the Overload effect + can cast spells during it, having the shield float in front of you would make Overload WAY less risky to cast.

Overload & Speed - Since you can move around (although slowly) + can cast spells during Overload, Speed can help boost your slower speed while Overload-hovering around.

Speed & Electric Shield - Having the shield floating in front of you, combined with dealing some proximitydamage, Speed allows you to run into enemies and zap them like that! It also protects you while running faster

Shock & Speed/Shield - Having targets stunned from Shock (regardless of faction), makes running into targets with Speed to melee them easier, as well as makes shooting targets buffed with your Shield far easier as well.

Overload & Shock - Having the ability to cast spells during Overload can let you (if you feel the manually mini-lightnings cast during Overload are too weak or something) cast Shock if the need arises (to stun a potential distant crowd from attacking you and/or your allies etc)

Sorry for the long post :/

This is a Volt rework if the title didn't tip you off so.

More Volt ability suggestions yay!!!!

1:Shock: Keep it as it is but make it more spammable. Volt is an alternative to gunplay, therefore you should be able to get away with depending on your abilities about 50% of the time.

Suggestion:

15 Energy

300/350/400electrical/armor ignore

Still stuns and chains.

Applies a charge to enemies.

2:Speed: Remove the fish eyes. Give Volt a chance to be unaffected by attacks that hit him.

Suggestions:

Same speed as now

No fish eye.

Volt has a 50/60/70% chance to dodge incoming bullets.

65 energy

Still a frontal shield but let's make it mobile and give it an offensive property that doesn't depend on guns.

Suggestion:

Shield is larger

Moves with Volt.

Pressing 3 with the shield activated sends an electric pulse out of the shield

Deals 300/400/500 Ele.damage/impact damage. Rag dolls

Pressing any other skill drops the shield and places it as a stationary cover.

Pressing 3 while that stationary Ele.Aegis is active

pulls the shield back to Volt.

Applies gun bonus only while set as stationary cover. While picked up, the shield blasts serve as your weapon while it's active.

80 Energy

I'll try and make your suggestions fit into the current Warframe game:

Suggestion:

15 Energy

300/350/400electrical/armor ignore, effected by focus.

Still stuns and chains, up to 3 enemies, effected by constitution and continuity. Damage is reduced per chained enemy but stun is consistent.

2:Speed: Remove the fish eyes. Give Volt and team decent shield recharge (effected by focus) regardless of incoming damage.

Suggestions:

Same speed as now

No fish eye.

No melee buff

Volt and fellow tenno rapid shield regeneration of 20/30/40/50 shield per second.

65 energy

Suggestion:

Shield is larger

Moves with Volt.

Enemies that come in contact with the shield are damaged and ragdolled.

Deals 300/400/500 Ele.damage/impact damage. Rag dolls (effected by focus).

Using shock or Overload whilst Electric shield is active amplifies their damage output by 10/20/30 %.

Applies gun bonus to all friend bullets that pass through the shield whilst "absorbing" all enemy fire. Therefore making it useful to make Volt into a battering ram, whilst amplifying friendly damage to foes and protecting the friendlies from incoming projectiles.

75 energy.

Enemies that are not killed by Overload have a 30% chance to "Electrify".

Electrified enemies are stunned on the spot for a duration and Shock nearby enemies for 100/200/300/400 damage, effectively turning them into living tesla poles.

What you think?

You still get my +1 for your persistence with Volt.

I'm pretty sure unless they change things drastically for offensive skills, the only way they will stay effective at all in the later levels is to give them all armor ignore in some way shape or form.

Specifically for this volt thread, I like the idea of the mobile shield boosting damage of 1 and 4.

I'll try and make your suggestions fit into the current Warframe game:

Suggestion:

15 Energy

300/350/400electrical/armor ignore, effected by focus.

Still stuns and chains, up to 3 enemies, effected by constitution and continuity. Damage is reduced per chained enemy but stun is consistent.

2:Speed: Remove the fish eyes. Give Volt and team decent shield recharge (effected by focus) regardless of incoming damage.

Suggestions:

Same speed as now

No fish eye.

No melee buff

Volt and fellow tenno rapid shield regeneration of 20/30/40/50 shield per second.

65 energy

Suggestion:

Shield is larger

Moves with Volt.

Enemies that come in contact with the shield are damaged and ragdolled.

Deals 300/400/500 Ele.damage/impact damage. Rag dolls (effected by focus).

Using shock or Overload whilst Electric shield is active amplifies their damage output by 10/20/30 %.

Applies gun bonus to all friend bullets that pass through the shield whilst "absorbing" all enemy fire. Therefore making it useful to make Volt into a battering ram, whilst amplifying friendly damage to foes and protecting the friendlies from incoming projectiles.

75 energy.

Enemies that are not killed by Overload have a 30% chance to "Electrify".

Electrified enemies are stunned on the spot for a duration and Shock nearby enemies for 100/200/300/400 damage, effectively turning them into living tesla poles.

What you think?

You still get my +1 for your persistence with Volt.

I like your ideas. Better then what i see on this forum.