Jump to content
(XB1)Erudite Prime

What can be done about quitters?

Recommended Posts

Just now, Drachnyn said:

Recruitment chat or going with friends

Recruiting chat ignores 90% of people who are trying to form a squad, and you can't force me to make "friends" in a video game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Recruiting chat ignores 90% of people who are trying to form a squad, and you can't force me to make "friends" in a video game.

You also can’t force people to stay if they don’t want to.  If you don’t want to use the tools available to you to solve your problem then you aren’t really trying to solve any problem, just complaining.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

You also can’t force people to stay if they don’t want to. 

Well then they should be the ones using recruiting chat to find each other; so they aren't tampering with normal player's matches.
'
Here's how it should work: Clicking on an Endless mission brings up another menu; similar to joining a Hub but instead of "Fortuna 1, 5, and 69" it's 1 Rotation, 2 Rotations, 3, 4, or No Commitment (Endless).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i saw that Title, i thought you would mention the Anomaly but yeah those Players is what i’ve seen in ESO too. So annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

People who join Endless Fissures like Defense or Survival, but leave after only one Rotation. How can we solve this problem?

Did you recruit them to go longer than 1 rotation?
Did you even bother to communicate with the group that you want to go longer than 1 rotation?

If not then the problem is you.
You have two options:
1) Use recruit chat and recurit people with clearly defined "We are going X rotations"
2) Make some friends and play with them

If you're just playing with random people?  Well random is random and you don't get to decide for anyone else how long you can go.

Fact is this:
If I join a match with you and haven't agreed "We're going 4 rotations." then I'm going to bail out when either:
-My gear hits level 30
-I get what I was after
And That's that.  After all no agreement was made as to how long we are going to go.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By bringing back the Void Key system.

But being serious, there doesn't seem to be enough incentive to keep players going. DE attempted to by adding the small buffs like affinity and credit gain, and eventually getting already upgraded relics, but these seem too small.

The players who leave after one round should prefer something like Capture or Exterminate, but we can't force players. So the best thing to do is encourage them with truly enticing rewards. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

snip

Got any objective arguments there? Because I could just as easily turn everything around and say "no, the problem is you."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Well then they should be the ones using recruiting chat to find each other; so they aren't tampering with normal player's matches.

Why?  They are using the system in place as advertised.  You wanting to stay longer than 5 mins/waves/whatever doesn’t change that at the first reward screen the mission is, effectively, over and everyone is free to stay or leave as they see fit because the objectives have been completed.

Your complaint isn’t original and isn’t new.  This has been discussed to death and the reality is that DE isn’t going to make people stay in a mission to suit you.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)horridhal said:

Your complaint isn’t original and isn’t new.  This has been discussed to death and the reality is that DE isn’t going to make people stay in a mission to suit you.

What a bizarre way to dismiss my argument. Just because I'm not the first one to bring it up, somehow makes it irrelevant? If anything, wouldn't the fact that people keep bringing it up mean that the issue really needs to be looked at? In other video games, you get penalized for leaving before the mission is over. Endless missions aren't over until you reach at least one Rotation C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The option to leave exists, and people will use it. There is nothing to be done, nor does anything need to be done.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ham_Grenabe said:

The option to leave exists, and people will use it. There is nothing to be done, nor does anything need to be done.

Not an argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

What a bizarre way to dismiss my argument. Just because I'm not the first one to bring it up, somehow makes it irrelevant?

Because it has been discussed to death and the solution from on high has been stated already is actually why I’m simply dismissing your complaint.  If you want longer runs, use recruiting or solo.  If you want whatever you get, go PuG.  You asking for the player base to cater to what you think a mission length should be isn’t going to win you any friends (and I say this as someone who regularly solos hour plus survivals in fissures).

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

wouldn't the fact that people keep bringing it up mean that the issue really needs to be looked at?

The loudest voices don’t necessarily equate to any realistic sort of a majority and complainers will always be louder than anyone else.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

In other video games, you get penalized for leaving before the mission is over. Endless missions aren't over until you reach at least one Rotation C.

This is where you are wrong.  The mission is over after the first reward is given and extraction is an option.  Your viewpoint on when the mission is over is what’s causing your confusion.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use recruit chat in an active manner. PM people you want to join or invite ppl who are LFG.

There are plenty of ppl and recruit chat and even trade chat missing out on opportunities because they don't wanna pm other ppl

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, welcome to pub games.

You'll be matched with random people who are there for random reasons and will leave at random times.

Beware of randumbs and trolls... and leechers... and AFKers.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Because it has been discussed to death and the solution from on high has been stated already is actually why I’m simply dismissing your complaint.

Wrong. I haven't seen anyone suggest being able to commit to how long you want to go through an actual in-game menu. Also why are you even replying if you are just "dismissing" it?

 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

This is where you are wrong.  The mission is over after the first reward is given and extraction is an option.  Your viewpoint on when the mission is over is what’s causing your confusion.

Are we even playing the same game?

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Not an argument.

You've already decided this is a problem that requires solving; you're not after an argument.

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

You've already decided this is a problem that requires solving; you're not after an argument.

What do you mean by this? I am saying that I don't like the way the something works, and that I'd like it to change. Replying with "Well that's just how it works" isn't an argument because I know how it works, and the point of this thread is to make it different. 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Well then they should be the ones using recruiting chat to find each other; so they aren't tampering with normal player's matches.

Public Groups have Public Problems.

Recruiting exists for the specific reason of making specific groups for specific purposes.

No game in existence can make Public Matchmaking group you with players who will play your way.

You're delusional if you think randoms should be forced to play your style and only your style.

Let's flip the script...and show you how you sound but from a different perspective.

"I play my missions in total stealth, kill every single enemy, loot every single locker & smash every crate on the map. When you join my group you'd better kill every enemy, open every locker, and smash every crate on the map. DE needs to punish everyone who doesn't play this way."

Sounds batS#&$ stupid right? Cause it is. Public (random) is exactly that.

Bottomline...Don't do missions in public squads if you want to play endurance/pure stealth/loot every crate/fish/mine & etc.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats me. I cant stand not being in control of how many relics are going to be used, SO, I dont play them with other people. If i do I QUIT. The solution is make your own squad or find people that want to do exactly what you want to do. The idea of a quasi intention is very cool. Hydron is where I constantly see people immediately on join say 10 rounds or 20 rounds and they can barely stay alive and leave after 5 or you have dueling limbos and you cant see anything around you nor do anything. Thats a quitting situation and quitting is an important way to send a message. Quitting is good for sending the message to the over greedy who want every point and kill. But, then look at onslaught its almost like some secret rule where people stop at 9 SO the mechanics there dictate the behavior there. If you play a public match then you are throwing the dice. Those are my thought points, Im quitting commenting any further.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Public Groups have Public Problems. Recruiting exists for the specific reason of making specific groups for specific purposes. No game in existence can make Public Matchmaking group you with players who will play your way. You're delusional if you think randoms should be forced to play your style and only your style. Let's flip the script...and show you how you sound but from a different perspective.

"I play my missions in total stealth, kill every single enemy, loot every single locker & smash every crate on the map. When you join my group you'd better kill every enemy, open every locker, and smash every crate on the map. DE needs to punish everyone who doesn't play this way." Sounds batS#&$ stupid right? Cause it is. Public (random) is exactly that. Bottomline...Don't do missions in public squads if you want to play endurance/pure stealth/loot every crate/fish/mine & etc.

ftfy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that comes to mind is making random people able to joi any time, no the current limit that is 2 rotation or something like that, but this type of instance should be separated from the rest, we dont want random new players to get destroyed instantly abd get frustrated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...