Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What can be done about quitters?

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

I've skimmed through this thread and as far as I can see no one has asked the simple question of why? Why would a player drop out of an endless mission at the first round?

I'm sure there are many, many possible reasons. A few cases were I have done exactly this:

• In a void relic mission when players don't wait/work to get reactant before finishing the mission goals (usually Excavation type missions) AND don't respond to polite reminders to collect reactant first.
  • Because I've realised that I have completely the wrong loadout and I don't want to just hide in a corner and leech
  • Because something has happened offline that means I'm about to be AFK for longer than expected (phone call, arrival of unexpected guests etc)
  • Because the host has for whatever reason decided to leave and I'm not about to risk losing rewards due to a host migration
  • Because a player has in some other way been toxic and I'd rather not have my experience ruined

How do we overcome this? Well for some instances you simply can't. Players are going to come and go as they please and everyone will have their own reasons for that. Plenty of people have already suggested recruitment chat or playing with your clan. I've never tried the former so I have no idea if it works or not. The latter is only good if you have a clan with active members. I do like kapn655321's suggestions of an algorithm to rate experiences with other players, I'm just not sure how that would be implemented.

Short of that, it's simply playing solo. And I agree with OP that doing fissures solo just isn't effective when farming for parts.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

People who join Endless Fissures like Defense or Survival, but leave after only one Rotation. How can we solve this problem?

1. Get rid of the players that don't.

2. Get rid of all rotations after the first.

Problem solved.

1 minute ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

I do like kapn655321's suggestions of an algorithm to rate experiences with other players, I'm just not sure how that would be implemented.

As far as my experience goes most low mr players usually stay longer, it's the over mr12-mr16 player who quit on the first round more and more.

The simple solution is to revert it back to the way it was before - no solo-extract.But the thing is I am against this because I still remember my early days when I didn't have the gear to stay longer than 30-40 min in any mission and it was really hard.I don't want to put someone trough that experience just because I alt-tabbed to watch something while my sentinel kills everything around me.

The only viable solution imo is to rad-share with a clan-mates or recruiting chat with a plan before that.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

And I agree with OP that doing fissures solo just isn't effective when farming for parts.

I'd actually disagree with this, and I think it may even be the reason for the post in the first place...

Nobody runs endless fissures if they're just farming random parts for ducats or platinum - there are quicker ways to do that. People join endless fissure runs for two reasons (they're all about the relics, nobody stays around for the round specific drops):

1) To open as many of their own relics as possible. These people want to go the distance.

2) To maximize their chance of getting a specific drop because they know that they will nearly always be full and therefore they're getting '4 bites of the cherry'. Very often people doing this will only have 1 or two of a specific relic type, so they're only going to hang around until they get what they want, or run out of relics.

Two different approaches, but...

What if you're farming for parts and the specific part you want comes up in the first round? Do you stick around, even though you've gotten what you came for? Unless you've specifically agreed to stay around afterwards I'm pretty sure most people would just quit when they're give the option to, regardless of which of the two schools they fall into.

I also hate it when people leave after the first rotation on endless too, but you can't force people to stay.

11 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

The whole point is being able to choose other people's rewards. Would you rather be forced to get whatever you get, or have four choices?

If it happens so much to you then just go to the recruitment channel and make a group, you're getting upset about people playing their game how they want to. In an LFG you can even have people putting in rads every round.

You might as well get upset and complain about people not opening all their rads for you in pubs, you might think I'm joking and being overly dramatic but I've seen people yelling about stuff like that in chat in games.

Edited by SpringRocker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

Well I can give you more reasons(the ones I do them)
1. I level my frames, weapons, because I'm sick of hydron/eso.
2. While I'm doing that I get junk for baro.
3. A good part may drop.
4. Sometimes I come across interesting people.
5. To watch people run like headless chickens, because they still don't know that it's the less efficient way to do it.
6. To put a random wolf beacon or get out as much specters as I can on the map.
7. To vaubanizi the map with max range 😄
8. To run my mr3 cosplay with excal, scana, gorgon and lato and taxon.

3 hours ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

What if you're farming for parts and the specific part you want comes up in the first round? Do you stick around, even though you've gotten what you came for? Unless you've specifically agreed to stay around afterwards I'm pretty sure most people would just quit when they're give the option to, regardless of which of the two schools they fall into.

I generally fall into this category for one reason:
Host migrations.

Why risk sticking around for a full C rotation when I have what I want when it only increases the chance of getting a host migration and potentially losing the item I was after?  I get absolutely nothing for staying longer, and to be frank I don't owe anything to any of the other members of the squad to stick around longer.  Especially if it looks like someone else is going to bail as well.

For that reason once I hit my goal, be it the part I wanted, just some trash to sell to baro, having my gear hit 30, I'm going to leave unless the group talked about staying longer.

17 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

People who join Endless Fissures like Defense or Survival, but leave after only one Rotation. How can we solve this problem?

We got what we needed, so lets head home!

No problem at all, working as intended.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

I generally fall into this category for one reason:
Host migrations.

Why risk sticking around for a full C rotation when I have what I want when it only increases the chance of getting a host migration and potentially losing the item I was after?  I get absolutely nothing for staying longer, and to be frank I don't owe anything to any of the other members of the squad to stick around longer.  Especially if it looks like someone else is going to bail as well.

For that reason once I hit my goal, be it the part I wanted, just some trash to sell to baro, having my gear hit 30, I'm going to leave unless the group talked about staying longer.

And I'd say you're pretty much in the majority. Unless you've actually agreed with the rest of the squad to stick around, you're actually under no obligation to do so. For the most part, people don't have issues with this, and I've certainly seen plenty of occasions where it's clear that somebody is going to be wasting their time sticking around, and once they leave, everyone else follows.

From the sound of it, the OP seems to want all the benefits of organizing a farming group without having to do any organizing. I myself have plenty of spots on the star chart I haven't cleared because they're interceptions or disruptions and I'm a primarily solo player. But am I going to whine about it or blame anyone else? No, because I can either just suck it up and wait for the right PUG or get on the chat and sort it out myself.

Nobody's issue but mine..

Well the first thing that comes to mind is you need...

1. Better rewards.

2. A interesting enemy type to fight.

3. Interesting powers and weapons that make staying fun.

4. A monster like the Berserker from Gears Of War showing up in the mob somewhere at the 45 minute mark or higher..who drops something worth it.

5. the longer you stay the more Affinity gain you ecru to rush leveling weapons.

6. Resources or relics that you actually need.

7. The Environment is actually fun to move and fight around in...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

This thread has been so entertaining, and I thought today would be a boring day...

My favorite part is when OP said that it's up to those leaving early to go recruit chat, that default should only be people like him (thank god it's not). Priceless.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Well the first thing that comes to mind is you need...

1. Better rewards.

2. A interesting enemy type to fight.

3. Interesting powers and weapons that make staying fun.

4. A monster like the Berserker from Gears Of War showing up in the mob somewhere at the 45 minute mark or higher..who drops something worth it.

5. the longer you stay the more Affinity gain you ecru to rush leveling weapons.

6. Resources or relics that you actually need.

7. The Environment is actually fun to move and fight around in...

With the exception of the subjective parts of what you wrote, like "better rewards", that generally sounds like what we have.

17 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

A new form of matchmaking that prioritizes available players relevant to our style and interests.
All of the potential metrics for what a player does or does not enjoy, should help find you matches, (like a dating profile.)

Average endless wave stays, build likeness, things we can or cannot live with/without.. all measured to find players closest to your style.
This improves the overall satisfaction and reliability of a player's Warframe experience.
Matchmaking should show and suggest open squads that it predicts you'd be most welcome and appreciated in.

You like Eidolon runs, but don't have the ideal gear? No problem: There are 4 open squads who are welcoming to casual and imperfect pace.
You like Survivals on Pluto but there are no open squads? There are 7 open on other corpus tile sets, sorted by relevance of resource drops, party, or whatever matters most to you.

But how would it screen out things like leechers etc. though? And how would it screen obvious trolls, like people who join a "I love long walks on the beach, nude days in the park and 20 minute survival fissures" group? Those people would still join up and leave at the end of rota A, leaving the rest with one less possible relic reward unless they also leave and requeue.

It would just be like giving players a massive "please troll me!" sign over their heads.

They could potentially add straight up 20min survivals where the rewards are granted at the 20min mark. However, with the peer-to-peer system, the host mig boss and other crappy things, that would be a risky undertaking aswell for the players.

At the beginning of a mission have a vote for amount of Time or Waves.

If there is a discrepancy between high and low requests have the game split the difference to the nearest 5 minute increment or 5th wave rotation.

If players leave early they forfeit all affinity, resources, mods, void traces and relics bonuses / gains.

Edited by (PS4)PanserKunst

An in-mission pre-start vote seems redundant, since there's already an in-mission vote every appropriate increment to decide who wants to leave. You wanna leave? You vote to extract, or you vote with your feet and hike over to extraction. 

The only way to make this work is to require us all to choose the number of cycles when we launch the mission from nav (effectively, having a different mission instance for every possible increment) and only get matchmade with people who happened to also choose that many. 

If you then only deliver rewards at the end of that many cycles, you have to stay or lose everything. You don't get to cut it short, you're there for 20 minutes or 20 waves or whatever.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Here's where I find the disconnect is..

What is Warframe?
It's a game where you can be a neon laser puking death machine, that flies and free-runs around, with hundreds of different weapons and about 50 different characters, that you can customize functionally and aesthetically however suits you.. There are missions with procedural generated tile sets and endless waves of hordes you can fight with people online, that are fairly simple but can be done near limitless ways.

"Yeah, but how fast can I STOP doing that to feed a completion quota? That's the real objective."
k GIF

Edited by kapn655321

35 minutes ago, Ghogiel said:

People leaving at wave 5 doesn't force anyone else to leave. Everyone can just go the rotation they intended. Where's the problem?

Affinity. (There are other reasons, but I will use this example.)

Players get more affinity the more players are present. Case in point a common place to level up your frame or weapons is Helene (Saturn) or Hydron (Sedna). These are good nodes for this activity due to the level's small size which keeps people in affinity range most of the time. Letting other players get "most" of the kills nearly guarantees a weapon will be maxed in 15 waves with a full 4 player venture (as long as the player hoping to max a weapon has only brought one weapon and left the other two weapon slots empty.) eg. brought a primary to level up and left the secondary and melee slot vacant. When people bail like chumps at wave 5 it becomes more likely you'll have to stick around to wave 20 or 25. Or perhaps quit with them and do the node over with another group. Effectively it's wasting time when it could have been done in one go.

Edited by (PS4)PanserKunst

3 minutes ago, (PS4)PanserKunst said:

Letting other players get "most" of the kills

So you believe you deserve to hold other players with you even though you only need them to leech xp from them?

lmao

It's nice to level up your weapons fast, I do it too, but never have I felt that I have the authority to tell them to stay with me.

Because I don't have that authority. Neither do you. Neither does OP.