Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yeah... this is gonna sound cringey but is anyone else annoyed with the man in the wall

(XBOX)Leafrider8

So, like usual, I get on warframe load in, and then I hear, "Hey kiddo" and see the man in the wall. I got the crap scared out of me. This is 2nd time he showed up unscripted.The first time I was like "hey this is a neat Easter egg." A year later, I replayed sacrifice and he showed up again, except I couldn't find him and got the crap scared out of me. I stopped playing for a bit. Then, I got back into the game, and I went to go into my personal quarters only to find the man in the wall laughing maniacally. I turned off my xbox in fear. Please note that I didn't even know about the chimera  prologue. Now, I just am annoyed when shows up. When I say annoyed I mean I'm still scared, and I'm annoyed he caused me to feel the emotion of fear. I just go to my dojo an use the warframe app to craft stuff. Anyone else want to share their relationship with the man in the wall or some ideas to make him spoopier?

Edited by (XB1)Leafrider8
Reasons
  • Like 1

I was hoping the Chains Of Harrow quest would be even creepier, but since you have a Warframe and powerful weapons it turns into a regular mission with a creepy feel. I was hoping for a bit of a Dead Space quest, limiting the weapons you have at least. The "Hey Kiddo," gives me chills but it's not something that keeps me from hanging out in my ship. 

I used to be scared of a lot of stuff, so I can relate. Just have to embrace the spooking and persevere. 

• Like 1

Would be more interesting to see which NPCs no people are annoyed with. Pretty sure if DE took out a NPC every time someone complained they were annoying, the game would be empty.

27 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Most of the time, I don't realize it happened until like 30 seconds after and I think, "Wait, did I just hear the 'Hey kiddo?'" I rarely ever see the thing; usually I'm in my menus on the orbiter and don't spend a lot of time walking around.

Watching streamers, it's funny to see like 90% of them miss it because they're always focused on entertaining chat. Kind of sad that the experience gets so diluted for them, but then that's the price of making your hobby your job, I suppose.

Edited by Ryme

I can handle horror on my own just fine. Watching people play horror, especially the kind of people who get scared. Once was cutting veggies while watching one of those videos. I didn't stab my laptop, but the knife did go from the cutting board to the space between the screen and myself. 

I've got decorations in my orbiter that predate the War Within. So, I was surprised to see my kid sitting on top of the market console and the ayatan statue I had there 

Or partially embedded in the Ayatan Anasa tentacle I had in the space of the elevator that connects to the Railjack. 120 or so Anasas. Took it down. Going to rebuild it in another room and hope it doesn't get any use. Might just use them to fence off the Helminth. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

Sounds like regular internet uwu

Image result for owo internet horsemen of the apocalypse meme"

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Leafrider8 said:

Mine has to be where hes peeking around the corner.

I usually get the one where he's on the codex counter so as soon as I get back to my ship I hear "Hey kiddo." 

The one I hate is when I get to my arsenal and I randomly hear it without seeing him. 

I pretty much never explore my ship between missions, so I never seem him unless he spawns on the codex or market terminals and even then I only spot him because he plays his hey kiddo line when the navigation camera flips around. 

Man in the wall isn't really that scary, he's more of an annoyance that occasionally startles if you walk by without seeing him. Kind of wish he had more involvement in the game besides hanging off random things in my ship sometimes. 

4 hours ago, (XB1)Leafrider8 said:

So, like usual, I get on warframe load in, and then I hear, "Hey kiddo" and see the man in the wall. I got the crap scared out of me. This is 2nd time he showed up unscripted.The first time I was like "hey this is a neat Easter egg." A year later, I replayed sacrifice and he showed up again, except I couldn't find him and got the crap scared out of me. I stopped playing for a bit. Then, I got back into the game, and I went to go into my personal quarters only to find the man in the wall laughing maniacally. I turned off my xbox in fear. Please note that I didn't even know about the chimera  prologue. Now, I just am annoyed when shows up. When I say annoyed I mean I'm still scared, and I'm annoyed he caused me to feel the emotion of fear. I just go to my dojo an use the warframe app to craft stuff. Anyone else want to share their relationship with the man in the wall or some ideas to make him spoopier?

Well he is behind the entire War and is bent on unraveling the fabric of reality by using us as portals to go THROUGH after he has driven us completely insane and usurped our very souls.

So, yeah...

His use of Edgar Allen Poe trickery is just the start....

”rap...tap...Tappp”.