Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yeah... this is gonna sound cringey but is anyone else annoyed with the man in the wall

(XBOX)Leafrider8

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Kaotyke:

I want you to play FNAF.

Oh, the true horrors or almighty overused jumpscares.

The purple rabbit from the left giving you a massage, the stupid duck from the right insisting you in fixing her wobbly beak, StarFox doing some fast af boi Dashdance to say hi in your office as if today was Payday and then there is this bear on acid giving you a classical orchestra to serenade your incoming death at 0% power.

On the second game you have those idiots from the first game thrashed, which new "appealing" ones are their replacement, sometimes clogging the vent and get stuck, because they are too fat - or standing in the hallway like your senile grandma at 4 am, wondering where the bathroom is. While adding some new boring elements, which go annoying really quick.

On the third game, you get a rehash of the first two games, introducing even more of those puppets, no one asked for. Gameplay is similar to the first one, but now you have to watch vents even closer, because those low-IQ metalhunks will try to pull a Metal Gear on you.

Fun Fact: The voice actor for Funtime Freddy in FNAF 4 voices the Nox and Tusk Grineer for Warframe. 

14 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

if you are scared that easily, I'd recommend avoiding Chains of Harrow, because that's a full-on horror quest that will probably give you a heart attack. maybe buy him with plat if you need Harrow.

Already played through it. Was not spooky.

Edited by (XB1)Leafrider8
Reasons

Unfortunately people who don't like/are scared by this annoyance in the game are generally mocked and pushed to the side. To the people who like it, I am genuinely happy for you. Please continue to enjoy it and share your fun stories. Those of us who aren't comfortable with this unnecessary factor are stuck with no way to disable it (or kill it). Outside of the quests, the man in the wall serves no purpose for us. Having an option to turn it off would be a great QoL addition and very easy to implement. Just add a toggle in the menu for "can appear" and "can't appear". However, DE seems blind to this issue and hasn't acknowledged any of threads discussing it.

@[DE]Rebecca Please acknowledge this and pass it on. In a year of fixes and QoL improvements, this is an easy one to check off.

On 2020-02-03 at 3:39 PM, (XB1)Leafrider8 said:

So, like usual, I get on warframe load in, and then I hear, "Hey kiddo" and see the man in the wall. I got the crap scared out of me. This is 2nd time he showed up unscripted.The first time I was like "hey this is a neat Easter egg." A year later, I replayed sacrifice and he showed up again, except I couldn't find him and got the crap scared out of me. I stopped playing for a bit. Then, I got back into the game, and I went to go into my personal quarters only to find the man in the wall laughing maniacally. I turned off my xbox in fear. Please note that I didn't even know about the chimera  prologue. Now, I just am annoyed when shows up. When I say annoyed I mean I'm still scared, and I'm annoyed he caused me to feel the emotion of fear. I just go to my dojo an use the warframe app to craft stuff. Anyone else want to share their relationship with the man in the wall or some ideas to make him spoopier?

How did you even manage to get through the chains of harrow quest?! And yet seeing yer operator standing around going "hey whats up" suddenly is scary? I don't get it.

Edited by GentlePuppet

InB4 most of the players dont even give a shet about That man in the wall or walk past him without knowing. Sad void guy is sad. 

Oh yeah, if you don't want to get startled by it, just turn on the music when you play Warframe. 

Things will be fun if The man in the wall can twist your in-game music playing in your orbiter when it appears 

Edited by HappyFishxas

On 2020-02-03 at 3:41 PM, TARINunit9 said:

Half the time I have a podcast on so I barely even hear him; instead I just see his subtitles

On 2020-02-03 at 4:00 PM, ShichiseitenYasha said:

I come back from a mission, warp to arsenal to hear the fading out "Hey ki-"

These have 100% been my experience for over a year.

..just got a crazy feeling of deja vu. Huh.

I really like Wally, his character development has been top notch so far. Just like most warframe NPCS... The only annoying part is that after introducing and developing a character to the climax of interest, the writing team appears to get bored or distracted and leave story arcs In a position where the player is left to fill in the blanks. This leads to some feelings of resentment from the players as for example, parental figures disappearing for years is generally an unpleasant experience for anyone. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)UndeadGalaxyWar said:

the writing team appears to get bored or distracted and leave story arcs In a position where the player is left to fill in the blanks.

Or they need to create the gameplay around the story that's already written. My suspicion is Rell is training himself to be like the Unum.. and that might not come into play until New War or after. Like.. Kuria. We'd had them in game as a teaser for Years before we saw the Grineer Queens. Doesn't mean they forgot, just had several years worth of development in order to launch that update.

3 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Or they need to create the gameplay around the story that's already written. My suspicion is Rell is training himself to be like the Unum.. and that might not come into play until New War or after. Like.. Kuria. We'd had them in game as a teaser for Years before we saw the Grineer Queens. Doesn't mean they forgot, just had several years worth of development in order to launch that update.

I can understand that. Never considered Rell trying to be like the Unum. The Unum is another story arc I hope they build upon soon. Probably will be in the new war I assume. 

the first few times he visited me, I didn't even notice him. I heard the "hey kiddo" thing, but never bothered looking around, so just left thinking "dafak is this?".
I had to google it, to discover that's actually part of an intended mechanic and that if I cared to look around I may SEE something.

He's not so scary in his appearance, you always know where he's going to be, and my Operator looks nice enough to not get scared by him.

What's really annoying is his loud AF voice, makes me shiver if unexpected. Though usually I spot him before he introduces himself, so I tend to reply with something of "General Kenobi!" sort, make a screenshot for collection and resume minding my own business.

17 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

I'm almost 100% sure that rell is dead. I thought that was what happened when we destroyed his warframe and put him to rest since his body was already destroyed. 

17 hours ago, (XB1)UndeadGalaxyWar said:

I can understand that. Never considered Rell trying to be like the Unum. The Unum is another story arc I hope they build upon soon. Probably will be in the new war I assume. 

1 minute ago, Troposphere6 said:

I'm almost 100% sure that rell is dead. I thought that was what happened when we destroyed his warframe and put him to rest since his body was already destroyed. 

I'll admit up front, I don't follow the lore real closely, so there is every chance in the world that I'm way off.
I'm also, not basing my idea entirely off of hints in the game.. so there is a peculiar bias.

Rell was trying to straddle the real and the void.. what I suspect.. to learn to control it, and himself, as one.
Maybe to learn what the man in the wall knows.. to be like him, join him, or replace him..
as they may be the dreamer that generates the Void.

Similarly, the Unum sacrifices herself to generate physical structures.
Maybe the Man in the Wall, is the Void's Unum.. but not made of meat.. instead, made of void energy.
Both are transcendent forms of former consciousness.

Maybe with just the right kind of mindset and perspective.. He knew/saw something about how it worked.
(If you've ever heard of a irl woman named Temple Grandin, her life on the spectrum gave her a unique perspective that revolutionized the cattle ranching industry.)
Rell sees things very differently...

That's what I think he's doing: "Unum," himself to save the space between the Origin System and the Void.. End/prevent/win the wars, by creating tangible stability from himself.

Spoiler

I think that because that's what I'd do. You can't just Stop all the sentients. Better to sacrifice yourself if you can create and maintain an intelligent world that everyone can survive in, outside of the War..

So when I say I have a biased suspicion about Harrow's intent..
JbzO6uM.png&f=1&nofb=1

Sort of, anyways. 😃

But we'll have to wait and see.

19 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

I'll admit up front, I don't follow the lore real closely, so there is every chance in the world that I'm way off.
I'm also, not basing my idea entirely off of hints in the game.. so there is a peculiar bias.

Rell was trying to straddle the real and the void.. what I suspect.. to learn to control it, and himself, as one.
Maybe to learn what the man in the wall knows.. to be like him, join him, or replace him..
as they may be the dreamer that generates the Void.

Similarly, the Unum sacrifices herself to generate physical structures.
Maybe the Man in the Wall, is the Void's Unum.. but not made of meat.. instead, made of void energy.
Both are transcendent forms of former consciousness.

Maybe with just the right kind of mindset and perspective.. He knew/saw something about how it worked.
(If you've ever heard of a irl woman named Temple Grandin, her life on the spectrum gave her a unique perspective that revolutionized the cattle ranching industry.)
Rell sees things very differently...

That's what I think he's doing: "Unum," himself to save the space between the Origin System and the Void.. End/prevent/win the wars, by creating tangible stability from himself.

Reveal hidden contents

I think that because that's what I'd do. You can't just Stop all the sentients. Better to sacrifice yourself if you can create and maintain an intelligent world that everyone can survive in, outside of the War..

So when I say I have a biased suspicion about Harrow's intent..
JbzO6uM.png&f=1&nofb=1

Sort of, anyways. 😃

But we'll have to wait and see.

So rell and the man in the wall are two separate entities. The man in the wall is something from the void whose motives we don't know but whose presence caused rell great distress. Rell trapped himself in a transference loop as his body was aging to hold the man in the wall back from affecting the other tenno. Since we severed rell's link with the original harrow by destroying it we're now haunted by the man in the wall instead of rell. That I think all we know from the chains of harrow quest. As for the Unum I am not aware of any lore about her specifically sacrificing herself or anything like that. As far as I understand it the Unum is just the last orokin tower surviving on earth. The only sacrifices associated with the Unum is Gara self destructing using a bomb made from the towers kuva and the fact that the tower uses it's living walls to feed cetus.

13 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

That I think all we know from the chains of harrow quest.

We know so much more about that tho, especially if you look at it in the context of the WW and the comic that was released alongside it. Chains is a huge key to understanding some of the more core ideas of the story, which many people still regard as completely mysterious because it's not directly spelled out by a character.

1 minute ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

We know so much more about that tho, especially if you look at it in the context of the WW and the comic that was released alongside it. Chains is a huge key to understanding some of the more core ideas of the story, which many people still regard as completely mysterious because it's not directly spelled out by a character.

I meant more along the specific topic of rell and his relationship with the man in the wall rather than knowledge about the lore in general. 

22 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

So rell and the man in the wall

Right.
My suspicious is, Rell was trying to do what the man in the wall was doing.
Unum is a person who psychically became a meat building, and offers her flesh to the people of Cetus. (That's the sacrifice I mean.)