Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yeah... this is gonna sound cringey but is anyone else annoyed with the man in the wall

(XBOX)Leafrider8

Just now, kapn655321 said:

Right.
My suspicious is, Rell was trying to do what the man in the wall was doing.
Unum is a person who psychically became a meat building, and offers her flesh to the people of Cetus. (That's the sacrifice I mean.)

Rell is human the man in the wall is as far as we know not at all human and has been said to be a manifestation from the void by various characters including rell. I don't think Rell was trying to be the man in the wall I fairly certain he was trying to hold the man in the wall at bay.

Just now, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I meant that as well, particularly concerning the nature of the MiTW.

All we know about the nature of the MiTW is that is comes from the void and is interested in the tenno. We don't know why or even if the MiTW is something that always lived in the wall or is something caused by the tenno becoming tenno. Depending on whose dialog you listen to you get different answers so I'm not really sure what you mean.

Just now, Troposphere6 said:

All we know about the nature of the MiTW is that is comes from the void and is interested in the tenno. We don't know why or even if the MiTW is something that always lived in the wall or is something caused by the tenno becoming tenno. Depending on whose dialog you listen to you get different answers so I'm not really sure what you mean.

Wrong. We can infer who he is, about how long he's exited for, and more importantly, what he's not, simply by playing the quests WW, CoH, reading the comic, and watching the Duviri trailer(the one from TC'19 with the added railjack intro).

Just now, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Wrong. We can infer who he is, about how long he's exited for, and more importantly, what he's not, simply by playing the quests WW, CoH, reading the comic, and watching the Duviri trailer(the one from TC'19 with the added railjack intro).

What is your inference then? And I'm not wrong Rell and Palladino say that the man in the wall is a manifestation of the voids power and has always been where as the lotus says that the man in the wall is a gesalt created by the tenno's experiences in the void. 

1 hour ago, Troposphere6 said:

What is your inference then?

The Lotus never says that. She said that it was due to a symptoms of void exposure. Palladino simply read something into Rell's ramblings that isn't true.

Here's the long story:

Spoiler

The long and short of it is: The MitW is the Tenno themselves, more precisely their psychological shadow or ID if you want to look it up. It's essentially a split personality disorder, Jeckyll/Hyde style.

16 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

The Lotus never says that. She said that it was due to a symptoms of void exposure. Palladino simply read something into Rell's ramblings that isn't true.

Here's the long story:

Reveal hidden contents

The long and short of it is: The MitW is the Tenno themselves, more precisely their psychological shadow or ID if you want to look it up. It's essentially a split personality disorder, Jeckyll/Hyde style.

Your making a judgement on the reliability of rell as an avenue of information which may or may not be accurate. Now you may be right that the MitW was created by the tenno as a manifestation of there ID but even if we take that as a granted we still don't know the motive of it or very much about why it is. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

He spooked me a few times.

And I like that. It's especially creepy when he's hiding around the corner looking at you.

Tho I would like to now finally what he 

Yeah who doesn't? I mean hes never revealed his plans so it's not like any of us know. Also I have gotten spooked too. I just am shocked and surprised that he dares to mess with my edgey space teen 

At the moment we can make sensible predictions about the Duviri paradox, the man in the wall and even to some extent The Finger, but we do need to remember that at the end of the day, these are predictions and it's still a bit to early to put forward that head-cannon as cannon lore.

Although the one thing I will say is that Lotus is now claiming that she was lying during chains of harrow.

In the Ropalyst mission she says that she has heard the voices, meaning that at the very least we can be sure that the man in the wall doesn't solely exist in the Tenno's heads; she knew about it before it happened to the player tenno, but unlike with Rell, she now admits it's an unknown agent in the void, rather than a delusion.

Edited by TheArcSet

On 2020-02-03 at 8:39 PM, (XB1)Leafrider8 said:

So, like usual, I get on warframe load in, and then I hear, "Hey kiddo" and see the man in the wall. I got the crap scared out of me. This is 2nd time he showed up unscripted.The first time I was like "hey this is a neat Easter egg." A year later, I replayed sacrifice and he showed up again, except I couldn't find him and got the crap scared out of me. I stopped playing for a bit. Then, I got back into the game, and I went to go into my personal quarters only to find the man in the wall laughing maniacally. I turned off my xbox in fear. Please note that I didn't even know about the chimera  prologue. Now, I just am annoyed when shows up. When I say annoyed I mean I'm still scared, and I'm annoyed he caused me to feel the emotion of fear. I just go to my dojo an use the warframe app to craft stuff. Anyone else want to share their relationship with the man in the wall or some ideas to make him spoopier?

He mimics your outfit,  so I can see a lot of avenues there to make him 'spoopier', unless you have a fear of circus clowns 😉 .

Outside that: in CoH, the Lotus said that he was evidence that, now you outside of the pod, your void exposure was destroying your mind and driving you delusional and crazy; now, she admits he is real, you are sane and she has no idea what he is, or what he wants (, though you can also trigger his voice by looking at The Finger).

Does that make seeing him more or less scary?

Is it worse to not be able to trust your sanity, or to know that something really is walking behind you, always smiling at you back.

Edited by TheArcSet

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-02-04 at 8:05 PM, HappyFishxas said:

InB4 most of the players dont even give a shet about That man in the wall or walk past him without knowing. Sad void guy is sad. 

Oh yeah, if you don't want to get startled by it, just turn on the music when you play Warframe. 

Things will be fun if The man in the wall can twist your in-game music playing in your orbiter when it appears 

I thought he already did that. He does that for me usually. I'm listening to the music and then it quiets a little and then I hear it say the thing and I'm like oh no and turn around and see him looking like a psychopath/edgey ninja teen 

On 2020-02-03 at 5:39 PM, (XB1)Leafrider8 said:

So, like usual, I get on warframe load in, and then I hear, "Hey kiddo" and see the man in the wall. I got the crap scared out of me. This is 2nd time he showed up unscripted.The first time I was like "hey this is a neat Easter egg." A year later, I replayed sacrifice and he showed up again, except I couldn't find him and got the crap scared out of me. I stopped playing for a bit. Then, I got back into the game, and I went to go into my personal quarters only to find the man in the wall laughing maniacally. I turned off my xbox in fear. Please note that I didn't even know about the chimera  prologue. Now, I just am annoyed when shows up. When I say annoyed I mean I'm still scared, and I'm annoyed he caused me to feel the emotion of fear. I just go to my dojo an use the warframe app to craft stuff. Anyone else want to share their relationship with the man in the wall or some ideas to make him spoopier?

Are you scared? i think you scared....

3 hours ago, (XB1)Leafrider8 said:

I thought he already did that. He does that for me usually. I'm listening to the music and then it quiets a little and then I hear it say the thing and I'm like oh no and turn around and see him looking like a psychopath/edgey ninja teen 

I usually mute my game lul, didn't know he will do that. I want it to twist the pitch of the music! 

willem dafoe smile GIF