Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New topic and idea for trading

Exqualater

Hello. How do you feel about creating a separate forum topic for ideas to improve the game? In order not to create new posts here. Its 1st

2nd. What about add a trading atmo/gyromag and repeller system? Why? That arcanes we can trade(but we buy its Onkko, Hok, Little duck, Zuud). System G/A/r we also can buy in Vox Solaris. Then why not introduce a sale with this?

Edited by Exqualater

1 minute ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

At a certain rank you can buy atmo repeller and gyros with standing. 

Yep, after you've established that you're already capable of successfully farming them.
I cannot make sense of that... the main reason you'd want/need to buy them, is for the requirement to be able to unlock being able to buy them..?
Who even thought that made sense? If you can farm them well enough to unlock the levels, why even buy them later? No need anymore, you've covered your main purchases.
o_O Makes no sense.

I don't bother with Vox Solaris levels, personally. Those missions are not worth playing.. and the reward system feels entirely backwards. Little Duck is a waste in my game.

I'd rather DE fix the god-awful grind as opposed to just making them tradeable as a bandaid. It would feel kinda pay-to-win as well; if the only two options are either one of the worst grinds in the game, or player trading which is generally done with premium currency. It would also mean that people who have already done the farm now have access to a low-cost Platinum farm without too much effort on their part required (just farm Orbs and you get enough Toroids for plenty of Systems without a drop of RNG at all). There's no way DE would allow that to happen.

58 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Yep, after you've established that you're already capable of successfully farming them.
I cannot make sense of that... the main reason you'd want/need to buy them, is for the requirement to be able to unlock being able to buy them..?
Who even thought that made sense? If you can farm them well enough to unlock the levels, why even buy them later? No need anymore, you've covered your main purchases.
o_O Makes no sense.

I don't bother with Vox Solaris levels, personally. Those missions are not worth playing.. and the reward system feels entirely backwards. Little Duck is a waste in my game.

I believe the point of buying them is for making gravimags. They probably intend for you to have one for all your Archguns. 

13 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I believe the point of buying them is for making gravimags. They probably intend for you to have one for all your Archguns. 

I'd say that was naively optimistic. =/

"Players will run some of the sh_t hardest missions to Rng their way into a bunch of accessories that allow them to use guns that are objectively worse than their primary, that they access through the gear wheel.. which have long drawn out animation sequences that leave them open, and a prohibitive ammo economy that they have no way to replenish when needed." ...yikes.

Edited by kapn655321

There is literally a feedback forum with its own list of subforums already.

As for trading those components I don't quite see the point when most of the items that matter from Vox are already tradable. The grind for the components to rank up isn't that bad and there are already plenty of grinds that can be skipped with plat, including the frames acquired through Vox.

Every open world resource suffers this problem. It's a content island in terms of where the resources can be used, and once you complete it, they just collect dust. If you farm Profit-Taker for Credits you end up with millions of Little Duck standing, way too many Debt Bonds, and way too many Atmo Systems, Repeller Systems, etc. There used to be a sink with Arcane Enhancement crafting, but that got gutted from Plains of Eidolon and never shipped with Fortuna, so the resources end up being gained for no real use once you use them a small handful of times. Trading the systems for something doesn't solve the issue, and allowing them to be tradeable between players is unnecessary.

Edited by Voltage

9 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

o_O Makes no sense.

You use them to craft stuff later on......

Do you not do eidolons? No amps? No gaining standing to get arcanes to use or sell? Alrighty then...

8 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

I'd say that was naively optimistic. =/

"Players will run some of the sh_t hardest missions to Rng their way into a bunch of accessories that allow them to use guns that are objectively worse than their primary, that they access through the gear wheel.. which have long drawn out animation sequences that leave them open, and a prohibitive ammo economy that they have no way to replenish when needed." ...yikes.

You can activate your gear wheel without having to open it by assigning a button command to it. But carry on. Yes, they are basic only for profit taker though lol

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

But carry on.

The most worth while things from Little Duck in my eyes are the amp parts.

The quills have much of the same problem. "You want to be able to kill Eidolons better? Cool. Prove to me you can kill 10 first." Excuse me, what, Quills? "Yeah, just use your Mote amp, P*ssy! LOL! No seriously. You'd better watch a youtube video and get carried by some meta-lords, because that's gonna be straight up impossible. Good luck - This is totally what we're asking of you for some reason. Byeeeee."

It took me 2 years before I bothered with the Quills.. and that's because someone in my clan needed help, and had to ask me for it.
As for Little Duck...
(spoilers)

Spoiler

F--k you and your missions, Little Duck.
?imw=1024&imh=768&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

8 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

The most worth while things from Little Duck in my eyes are the amp parts.

The quills have much of the same problem. "You want to be able to kill Eidolons better? Cool. Prove to me you can kill 10 first." Excuse me, what, Quills? "Yeah, just use your Mote amp, P*ssy! LOL! No seriously. You'd better watch a youtube video and get carried by some meta-lords, because that's gonna be straight up impossible. Good luck - This is totally what we're asking of you for some reason. Byeeeee."

It took me 2 years before I bothered with the Quills.. and that's because someone in my clan needed help, and had to ask me for it.
As for Little Duck...
(spoilers)

Hide contents

F--k you and your missions, Little Duck.
?imw=1024&imh=768&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Lmao...I feel the same. I made an effort by building a 6 forma rubico and getting Trinity prime to get and heal lures. But my amp was terrible, and at the time I didnt know about armor stripping or other nuances like just shooting at the feet or whatever.

One guy actually said to me and another noob that ruined his tridolon run "why are you guys even here?" 

I felt bad man, really bad. 

Now 700hrs and over 200 caps later....all my runs are ruined by MR 7 Limbos popping a bubble while I'm trying to snipe a limb thinking they're helping by preventing damage lol.

Just now, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

One guy actually said to me and another noob that ruined his tridolon run "why are you guys even here?" 

This.

You cannot just go into public and learn.
In theory, you'd have to learn solo... which just will not work, and completely opposes the purpose of making it a squad dependent mission.

If you haven't looked up a youtube video, and specifically acquired Shwaak and a Rubico Prime or Lanka, "You're cancer."
One too many hits on the armor strip? "You're cancer." Shoot the wrong limb? "You're cancer."

I'm all for having a containment mission that only works for less than 1% of all possible existing options.. "SET DUNGEONS," Diablo3 calls em.
A containment mission, that is not.

"Hey neat, I'm gonna go explore this big open world map and see what that's all about."
"Ohh, a day and night cycle, check that out. Pretty cool."
                   "Hey idiot over there chasing butterflies, are you going to fill your role in this Eidolon hunt, or are you just going to be a toxic leech?! WE NEED A KICK FUNCTION DE!!!"
"You know what? o_o ...on second thought, Maybe this just isn't a game mode I need to play ever again. Yeeesh."

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I had someone the other day say "damn leechers" after a successful tridolon hunt. I expect that I was included in that statement even after I had a panicked rush to get more lures and charge them after we somehow got down to having just one on the last stage (something they didn't even seem to be aware of).

12 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

You cannot just go into public and learn.
In theory, you'd have to learn solo... which just will not work, and completely opposes the purpose of making it a squad dependent mission.

You can learn in public (I did with the help of some of the guides) but chances are someone will take exception to it and start calling you various things, especially if/when you make a mistake. As you say, solo just won't work for learning these sorts of things.

Totally agree with your sentiments about Little Duck. Still Rank 1 with Vox Solaris because like OP I can't get the Atmo/gyromag/repeller systems without doing the Orbs and I've failed the Profit-Taker mission (public) more times than I care to count, usually due to being one-shotted and running out of revives. I'd even be happy if the Atmo/gyro/repeller systems could be bought for plat - as long as the price isn't too ridiculous - as that would at least give a way to progress without getting frustrated.

• Like 2

The reason I abandoned leveling in the Quills is because the best reward I'd get, is being able to play with people who call me toxic if I don't.
The best offer from Little Duck are the amp parts, but they're entirely useless when all you need is Shwaak, and again... all that gets you is more missions with min-maxers.

It's good that they have a mission that they like.. that requires very specific gear and procedures.
That speaks to them as players, and they should have that.
The problem is... they put it smack dab in the Open Worlds... which invite players to explore, mine, fish, take their time, wander...
The open worlds MUST be vacated to make way for the min-maxers every night, or there will be fights.

Why... when the min-max crowd care NOTHING about exploration and freedom to explore... is their favorite mission in the way of the casual crowds favorite node type? It's like they tried to make something perfect for everyone, and instead made nothing perfect for anyone.
...and I have a theory about this.

If those people don't have someone to lord superiority over, they don't Enjoy The Game.

Clever stuff, DE: Make my casual enjoyment and exploration of the game, a mechanic for others to exploit and defeat for fun and reward. Super f--kin' Neato. I hate it.
Loot wealth and youtube knowledge PvP.
It's no surprise that there's such a well establish gulf between casual and optimal play styles these days.. and Public has languished under this fault so long that the current trope all week on the forum has been, "Matchmaking is a hellscape."

Edited by kapn655321