Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the Dread good? (MR5)

GoLdeN-AU

Question

13 answers to this question

sure. being heavily Crit weighted makes it newbie friendly since Crit Mods are inexpensive to upgrade and Equip.

if you put on Crits, some Elemental Mods, and the usual Damage (and Multi-Shot if you have it), it'll perform well vs the vast majority of the Enemies you're face going through the Solar Map.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Definitely one of the best bows in the game. Anyone can pick it up, and it can take on all starchart content with ease on the right build. [Viral] + [Hunter munitions] builds works wonders with crit.

Corrosive and cold work much better as they directly attack pre health defenses. The dread's chance at a status proc are junk if you want to maintain giant red numbers.

Edited by -Kittens-

Dread is good, it works against anything, is reliable and is strong enough to bring into higher missions. I'm still split between which I like most, Dread or Daikyu. But in the end they are bows, so their usefulness may vary depending on the player and if they enjoy bow-play or not in games.

17 minutes ago, taiiat said:

not versus lv 1-40 Enemies it doesn't, that's perhaps useful vs Lv 200 Enemies, but not the average goons that'll die to a few thousand Damage.

excuse me, what?

Dread's one-shots all level 40 corrupted heavy gunners. 2 shots on lv110. Corrupted heavy gunners in lv 40 have around 11k health. The Dread is completely capable at one shotting them without the need of slash procs.

36 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

excuse me, what?

Dread's one-shots all level 40 corrupted heavy gunners. 2 shots on lv110. Corrupted heavy gunners in lv 40 have around 11k health. The Dread is completely capable at one shotting them without the need of slash procs.

I think they're saying what's the point of halving health when the damage is enough to kill the thing regardless.

If you one shot stuff then viral (status effect) and hunter munition's effect are pretty useless and you are probably better off going for an element(s) that will increase the damage of that single shot.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

I used Dread without any forma until I got a Fulmin, Dread is a super great and fun weapon, only problem is being a bow, it is quite slow and you can  run out of ammo fast sometimes.

It is a good weapon in corridor missions, because at full charge it can kill everyone in the corridor.

It is a good weapon against bosses, able to deal damage to bosses you shouldn't be even fighting at MR5.

It is a TERRIBLE weapon in open air areas with full of height variations 😞 The reason for this is because it is too slow, and since you are above, or below enemies, you can only shoot one enemy at time, so if you have for example 100 enemies on screen you are already screwed because that is more enemies than you have arrows.

That said... I did plague star with it: would go to ground level and shoot along the ground to mass-kill infested, then climb on something (or later, I got archwing launcher) to focus on shooting the boss weak spot.

the dread is good but bows are pretty terrible, you just cant clear out enemies fast enough with them compared to modern "destroy everything" spray and win weapons, even their only innate useful trait of being silent is kidna redundant given that all weapons can slap on a hush/silence mod due to the recently added exilus mod slot for primaries/secondaries.

You can certainly use a bow for self hardmode / rp or fashion reasons but they offer nothing of worth these days.

Edited by Methanoid