Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Effect of (dual) Arcane Velocity on Peacemaker

Ashiix

Pretty much title, I know this has been posted recently, but am wondering because it was a few months old. Do dual Arcane Velocities work on Peacemaker, for example do they stack? Do the two 60% chances add up to 120%? How does this all work. And if they aren't currently affecting Peacemaker, how would it hypothetically work?

13 minutes ago, Ashiix said:

Pretty much title, I know this has been posted recently, but am wondering because it was a few months old. Do dual Arcane Velocities work on Peacemaker, for example do they stack? Do the two 60% chances add up to 120%? How does this all work. And if they aren't currently affecting Peacemaker, how would it hypothetically work?

I'm pretty sure each one has an individual chance of activating, so you have a 60% chance of either turning on and then the other can turn on to allow +160% fire rate.

I believe the probabilities are (using a binomial distribution, on each critical hit) :

P(80% increase) = 48%

P(160% increase) = 36%

So you have a 84% for at least one proc of Arcane Velocity per critical hit.

If any of my maths is wrong please correct me.

PS: I believe that they do work on Peacemaker.

Edited by iLightning13

I don't know about arcane velocity in particular, but other arcanes don't add together or stack, they just chain their chances one after the other. The proc resistance arcanes (80% chance at max rank) don't make you immune to that particular proc if you add 2 of them, instead you get 1-(0.2 x 0.2) = 96% chance to not be procced.

For normal buff powers, casting the same buff twice won't give you twice the buff, it will just reset the duration. If someone else in your squad has the same power but built differently (eg. higher strength, shorter duration), the more powerful buff of the same type takes priority and then it falls back to the weaker, longer-lasting buff once the bigger one wears off. I'd expect velocity to behave that way, so there would be no real point in equipping 2 of the same type because peacemaker fires so fast that it's going to reset the buff before it wears off.

EDIT: nope, they do stack.

Edited by DoomFruit

3 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

I don't know about arcane velocity in particular, but other arcanes don't add together or stack, they just chain their chances one after the other. The proc resistance arcanes (80% chance at max rank) don't make you immune to that particular proc if you add 2 of them, instead you get 1-(0.2 x 0.2) = 96% chance to not be procced.

The proc resistance arcanes grant a +X% chance to resist the proce, not a X% chance to resist the proc. So if you have a combined +100% you now have a 100% chance to resist the proc. If you don't believe me equip a +60% and +40% arcane nullifier and stand in the magnetic water in PoTE.

In the case of Arcane Velocity they do stack if you have 2 equipped. An easy to check would be to try it out in the sim, you'll see that you can have 2 instances of the buffs.

9 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

For normal buff powers, casting the same buff twice won't give you twice the buff, it will just reset the duration. If someone else in your squad has the same power but built differently (eg. higher strength, shorter duration), the more powerful buff of the same type takes priority and then it falls back to the weaker, longer-lasting buff once the bigger one wears off. I'd expect velocity to behave that way, so there would be no real point in equipping 2 of the same type because peacemaker fires so fast that it's going to reset the buff before it wears off.

This is exactly like saying having 2 fire rate mods don't work together or that 2 mods for damage don't combine.

Just to reiterate yes, equipping 2 Arcane Velocities allow for 2 instances of the buff and stack with each other.

3 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

The proc resistance arcanes grant a +X% chance to resist the proce, not a X% chance to resist the proc. So if you have a combined +100% you now have a 100% chance to resist the proc. If you don't believe me equip a +60% and +40% arcane nullifier and stand in the magnetic water in PoTE.

Interesting. I don't have 2x nullifiers, but I do have 2x toxin resist arcanes. Tried it out on Jupiter with the doorway traps and holy crap, I no longer get poisoned.

So, ignore what I wrote above, perhaps they do stack after all.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Interesting. I don't have 2x nullifiers, but I do have 2x toxin resist arcanes. Tried it out on Jupiter with the doorway traps and holy crap, I no longer get poisoned.

So, ignore what I wrote above, perhaps they do stack after all.

Sorry if I was being a little condescending, it's a flaw of mine and sometimes I go after people who are trying to help (I'm trying to work on that).

15 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

An easy to check would be to try it out in the sim, you'll see that you can have 2 instances of the buffs.

I ran the tests and it looks like it only gives one buff icon in the case of Arcane Velocity. However it can have both instances going at the same time for both arcanes stacking with each other. Both can be active and fire faster than just having one equipped and active.

I just wanted address those things and how I spoke because I feel like a putz in how I said it.