Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where have void fissures gone?

(XBOX)Rami C G 1989

Void missions give relics so you could run a capture or exterminate fissure and get a relic and burn one very quickly. Other methods of double dipping are either relatively time consuming(spy) or less consistent(Excavation) or both(all the other endless mission types).

I don't care too much about the void fissures specifically, but it's a bit sad, that the void is really just a place to get argon crystals and maybe run captures for relics. Even the t4 sabotage is hardly worth it at this point.
It would be great to have some high level content in the void, that brings the feeling of the old void key system back.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

If thats true then its the dumbest change i've seen

Like I said, it is just a popular theory. It could be a bug or unintentional change or DE may have done it for a yet unknown reason. Also, DE has made way dumber decisions. You should look up vivergate.

I think it was mentioned in the patch notes that void fissures in the void made no sense similarly for some reason mot would spawn as a neo fissure but ani would spawn as an axi... I think it they were removed because they were more than a little bugged on the back end and made no in universe sense.  the argument for double dipping does not make sense either because disruption can spawn as a fissure and its one of if not the fastest way to get relics.  

DE wants us to play Void missions right? In the past, they did Void-exclusive unvaulted relics to get everyone to play Void instead of just running PoE/Fortuna bounties. So what better way to get us to play Void missions than to remove Void fissure missions!

Fissures should be allowed anywhere IMO, yet Uranus only has one or two nodes for Neo, and Lua has never had Fissures. hell, why not make Fissures appear in railjack too?they said they wanted to tie the rest of the game into it, well relics is a big part of the game! they should also appear on open worlds too: imagine an unexpected void fissure whilst fishing or mining! have them appear in the Dojo too! YOU GUYS WANT THIS TOO, RIGHT!? HNNNNG RELIICS!!!!

Spoiler

This is what happens when you spend too long on Mot.

I always did find it extremely weird that there were void fissures inside the void. I never quite understood which enemies dropped reactant either. Were we hunting corrupted corrupted?

Edited by Spoop3

12 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

I think it was mentioned in the patch notes that void fissures in the void made no sense similarly for some reason mot would spawn as a neo fissure but ani would spawn as an axi... I think it they were removed because they were more than a little bugged on the back end and made no in universe sense.  the argument for double dipping does not make sense either because disruption can spawn as a fissure and its one of if not the fastest way to get relics.  

They haven't been removed, but the frequency has been severely nerfed. Before Old Blood there was at least one void fissure in the void per day, often more. Since Old Blood I have only seen 2 total on PS4.

I agree that disruption is a fast way to get relics but doing Hepit  or Ukko capture void fissure was faster and you could watch TV while you did it.

EDIT : removed solo tag and times from last paragraph

Edited by (PS4)whit4242
inaccurate last paragraph

• 3 weeks later...

I think the double dip is more about vaulted relics farm. You can get a relic in rotation rewards pretty often anywhere, so a lot of fissures allow you to open a relic and get one at the same time. What the endless void fissures allowed was to get a chance at a vaulted relics on rotation rewards AND another chance on vaulted relic every 5 opened relics on endless rewards. So 25 or 50 minutes survival could get you a couple of vaulted pretty easy that adds up with the prime parts. It was a satisfying way to farm vaulted relics without having to do bounties.

I haven't seen one since the Old Blood update. IMO it's the worst change i've seen in the game. I dropped the game for a while solely because of this, not the lack of updates or anything youtubers talked about, and i think i'm not the only one who did. Missed out on the last unvault. And the fact that it was not communicated at all makes it a lot worse, i feel like DE knew it would be an unpopular change and chose to just don't talk about it.