Kuva Lich 1.1: Feedback Megathread

For me personally, warframe has never been frustrating in any way shape or form but that has changed with the kuva lich system. I get that warframe is grindy and i like to grind i dont have a problem with a new treadmill to run on. My issue is that i cannot run on said treadmill when the enemies are way too boosted what ends up happening is i have to switch to a warfrrame i don't want to play and use equipment that i don't want to use at the moment i dont even like my nidus anymore i used to he was one of my favorite frames but now i feel like i have to bust out my nidus for his tankeyness instead of playing any of my other less tanky frames and i think thats going to far i dont think the enemies to to be level 8000 at rank 5 its not that i cant do it, its that i have to put down my fun equipment in exchange for taking my nidus tap-dancing with me (spamming his 1st ability) i feel fine all the way up until my lich is rank 5 and its a really bad feeling and it makes me worried about the future of warframe where i have to say goodby to the frames i like becuase they are not "meta" enough and that to me does not sound like the warframe i know it sounds like the warframe where its more like league of legends as in "who is meta right now"? To summarize warframe was not frustrating before kuva lich warframe is frustrating now and boring and frustrating have to be 2 of the ways i would least describe warframe before but now im not so sure  

These changes are a great start, but there's still things that could be tweaked.
  Being able to see what weapon a Larving has is good, until you repeat the same mission many times for one specific weapon, only to see every weapon except the one you're after, which isn't much of an issue at first, but the further you progress with Kuva weapons the more tedious the whole process becomes.
If we had a higher chance of spawning a Lich with a weapon we don't already have, versus spawning a Lich with a weapon we already have - which might have to be fully maxed, it wouldn't require as many runs for just that *one* specific weapon.

Murmurs might need some attention too, hunting Thralls with friends isn't as bad, but considering there are 16 Kuva weapons, 8 Ephemeras (and probably more coming soon™), farming Thralls starts feeling more like a chore instead of fun gameplay. 
  Perhaps we could reduce the amount of Thralls required to find out requiems, or maybe, reward players who have been farming many Thralls with some sort of "Murmur streak", where we could potentially gain more Murmur progress from one Thrall than we would without the streak.

Having hunted a dozen or so Liches since the latest update, I have to agree with everyone else that the murmur farm is currently the largest hurdle in making the Kuva Lich hunt enjoyable for the long term. While not as intricate and expansive as some of the (Albeit very good) mission/progression ideas, I have one relatively modest proposal that might go a long way in reducing the grindy feeling nature of it.

A recurring request has been the inclusion of a hierarchy of Kuva Thralls. What we could have is a special Grineer unit that's in between a Kuva Thrall and the Kuva Lich, officially dubbed a Kuva Vassal. Think of them as the lieutenants (Or Thralltenants as they could be affectionately known as) of the command chain. What would make them unique is that, depending on the type of Lich that's been created, they inherit not only their movement ability like Thralls do, but also one of their three elemental abilities, along with other basic buffs to them like taking even less damage and scaling with Lich rank. They wouldn't have to be procedurally generated, but a unique character model instead of buffing any random Grineer unit (Perhaps the body model for Lt Lech Kril/The Grustrag Three with a new head model) would be welcome, just to differentiate them from regular Grineer. As for how a Kuva Vassal would be a part of the murmur farm, the simplest way could be complete X amount of controlled nodes, have Kuva Vassal location revealed and guaranteed to spawn on a specific node amongst Kuva Thralls, with killing them rewarding 3-5x more murmurs than normal, rinse and repeat. This would be the simplest option, but I have a more (but not overly) intricate idea for how they could operate.

To spawn a Kuva Vassal, you would have to do specific mission types (Spy, Mobile Defense, Interception) to gather "intelligence" on their current whereabouts. Mechanically it works the same as Invasions, only instead of doing 3/3 Invasion missions for a reward you complete 3/3 controlled territories of your choosing to have a Kuva Vassal appear on a specific node under your Liches influence. Once you load into the mission, they spawn at any point just like regular Kuva Thralls do. However, along with 3-5x increased murmur gain, once parazon'd, they have an RNG chance to reward you with something beneficial. This reward table could be:

• A Kuva Lich beacon that will guarantee spawn your Lich when used (And while they could possibly be kept and stockpiled for another time, this reward would only drop once per active Lich to prevent people over farming them)
  • Freezing one symbol of the Requiem sequence regardless of murmur completion status, giving a clear clue as to what the correct sequence is (For example, say you know so far that one of the mods was Fass, but by having the middle requiem frozen you now know whether it definitely belongs in the second slot or if it fits either in the first or third slot. And if the second completed murmur was revealed to be Xata in the second slot, you'll faster deduce whether you need to experiment with randomly trying out mods in the first or third slot whilst grinding for that last murmur reveal)
  • Instantly raising their rage meter to Enraged (Bonus: Lich transmission pops up bemoaning the loss of their "favorite Vassal") increasing the likelihood that they spawn in mission
  • A radiant requiem relic
  • A portion of your stolen loot returned
  • An even larger amount of murmurs

The benefits of this system are that regardless of what quality "drop" you get, on average you will be making faster progress, so much so that there might not even be a need to reduce the current murmur count. Keeping the reward table RNG with different drop percentages means there's an incentive to continually go after Vassals, as you'll potentially get something that will aid you on your Lich hunt. It also gets back to something closer to the Nemesis system, where you would build up to the higher ranking targets by taking out the lower ranks one at a time.

This can all be changed depending on peoples feedback (Have all controlled territories count to Kuva Vassal spawn, the number of missions needed to complete in order to spawn them, adjust drop rate or removal of unpopular drops etc.) but overall I think this would vastly improve the murmur gameplay loop.

P.S. +1 to the idea for Thrall Hitsquads outside of controlled territories.

Edited by (PS4)BloodyHell
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, (PS4)BloodyHell said:

Having hunted a dozen or so Liches since the latest update, I have to agree with everyone else that the murmur farm is currently the largest hurdle in making the Kuva Lich hunt enjoyable for the long term. While not as intricate and expansive as some of the (Albeit very good) mission/progression ideas, I have one relatively modest proposal that might go a long way in reducing the grindy feeling nature of it.

A recurring request has been the inclusion of a hierarchy of Kuva Thralls. What we could have is a special Grineer unit that's in between a Kuva Thrall and the Kuva Lich, officially dubbed a Kuva Vassal. Think of them as the lieutenants (Or Thralltenants as they could be affectionately known as) of the command chain. What would make them unique is that, depending on the type of Lich that's been created, they inherit not only their movement ability like Thralls do, but also one of their three elemental abilities, along with other basic buffs to them like taking even less damage and scaling with Lich rank. They wouldn't have to be procedurally generated, but a unique character model instead of buffing any random Grineer unit (Perhaps the body model for Lt Lech Kril/The Grustrag Three with a new head model) would be welcome, just to differentiate them from regular Grineer. As for how a Kuva Vassal would be a part of the murmur farm, the simplest way could be complete X amount of controlled nodes, have Kuva Vassal location revealed and guaranteed to spawn on a specific node amongst Kuva Thralls, with killing them rewarding 3-5x more murmurs than normal, rinse and repeat. This would be the simplest option, but I have a more (but not overly) intricate idea for how they could operate.

To spawn a Kuva Vassal, you would have to do specific mission types (Spy, Mobile Defense, Interception) to gather "intelligence" on their current whereabouts. Mechanically it works the same as Invasions, only instead of doing 3/3 Invasion missions for a reward you complete 3/3 controlled territories of your choosing to have a Kuva Vassal appear on a specific node under your Liches influence. Once you load into the mission, they spawn at any point just like regular Kuva Thralls do. However, along with 3-5x increased murmur gain, once parazon'd, they have an RNG chance to reward you with something beneficial. This reward table could be:

• A Kuva Lich beacon that will guarantee spawn your Lich when used (And while they could possibly be kept and stockpiled for another time, this reward would only drop once per active Lich to prevent people over farming them)
  • Freezing one symbol of the Requiem sequence regardless of murmur completion status, giving a clear clue as to what the correct sequence is (For example, say you know so far that one of the mods was Fass, but by having the middle requiem frozen you now know whether it definitely belongs in the second slot or if it fits either in the first or third slot. And if the second completed murmur was revealed to be Xata in the second slot, you'll faster deduce whether you need to experiment with randomly trying out mods in the first or third slot whilst grinding for that last murmur reveal)
  • Instantly raising their rage meter to Enraged (Bonus: Lich transmission pops up bemoaning the loss of their "favorite Vassal") increasing the likelihood that they spawn in mission
  • A radiant requiem relic
  • A portion of your stolen loot returned
  • An even larger amount of murmurs

The benefits of this system are that regardless of what quality "drop" you get, on average you will be making faster progress, so much so that there might not even be a need to reduce the current murmur count. Keeping the reward table RNG with different drop percentages means there's an incentive to continually go after Vassals, as you'll potentially get something that will aid you on your Lich hunt. It also gets back to something closer to the Nemesis system, where you would build up to the higher ranking targets by taking out the lower ranks one at a time.

This can all be changed depending on peoples feedback (Have all controlled territories count to Kuva Vassal spawn, the number of missions needed to complete in order to spawn them, adjust drop rate or removal of unpopular drops etc.) but overall I think this would vastly improve the murmur gameplay loop.

P.S. +1 to the idea for Thrall Hitsquads outside of controlled territories.

These are really good suggestions! in this direction the murmur farm will definitely be more fun and less grindy. I would also like to add that the lich and gang should by all means hunt us down outside their controlled nodes as well

Edited by hungryghost84

I never touched liches before this patch (the whole enforced Russian Roulette with 5 filled chambers put me right off), so this feedback comes from seeing the whole thing completely from scratch.

-Requiem mods. They have finite uses. Why?

-There's pretty much zero lore explanation as to what these things are, no closer look into exactly what's been done to them, nothing to tie the system together with anything else. There's only that one video that came out with the initial patch, and that says precisely nothing (also, I have no idea whether new players will even see it).

-The above 2 issues can both be solved at the same time by adding a quest. Players would get one of each type of requiem mod in that quest as they do spies, intercepts, sabotages, etc in an attempt to understand exactly what these lich things are. This means that you can also get rid of the T5 relics, which serve about as much purpose as javlok capacitors.

-I have absolutely no idea what the bonus element and percentage on a weapon are. This information really needs to be shown on the weapon's icon in the arsenal, along with its modding page (fold it into the name?)

-The murmur grind. It's ridiculous. Especially so given that we're trying to get information, and this isn't tied into any of the already existing information gathering methods in the game. Why can't we get murmurs (and symbol position clues) from things like spy, intercept, capture and rescue missions?

-Allied lich spawns freeze the game. This can often get you killed - especially because they appear when you're under heavy attack, which is when you need to be mobile above all else.

-Now that you've added the kuva bramma, what's the point in even having the tonkor? It's not power creep, it's power leap.

EDIT: also, why do these weapons even have varying bonus amounts?

Edited by DoomFruit

I actually kinda miss the back breaking... Can our level 5 Lich do us that favor? I mean, y'all made the animation, why let it go to waste?

Speaking of level 5 Lich, there's no reason to ever level it to 5. Maybe some extra Kuva or the weapon gets a percentage bonus. Currently its just a annoying bullet sponge.  

Weapon fusion is kinda annoying.. I want to keep a certain element but if I use another weapon with a different element, the weapon I invested in takes the sacrificed element.

Something extra, I kinda want our converted Lich to do some wresting moves on our targeted Lich. Just thought Lich on Lich action would be cool. I know its something y'all have to invest in, but hey, a suggestion. 

Edited by DaMasque

Is it just me or are all the weapons coming with a low roll?  Pre update I was getting 40% rolls, and after I got 29% and lower on 3 weapons in a row.  Now that the weapons are progressive in their stats, is this on purpose just to make us grind more or is rng on rolls worse than before?

Furthermore, I did a valence fusion with  my electric kuva dragoon which had 4 forma, potato and an exilus adapter into it.  Fused a heat drakgoon into it and lost everything.  Before anyone says anything about the fusion, I still have an electric based drakgoon. Sent in a ticket and was told, oops oh well we can't reverse that, as of the update this and that will happen so there you go.  Be careful because it never said during the fusion that my forma and such would be consumed, just the drakgoon.  Time and plat wasted for a rank 0 weapon.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)CONAN 42576 said:

Is it just me or are all the weapons coming with a low roll?  Pre update I was getting 40% rolls, and after I got 29% and lower on 3 weapons in a row. 

It's not just you.

I ended up coming down with flu (sick leave) and used that opportunity to come down on lich farming. 16 liches later, vast majority of them were in the 25-28 range, one 34 and one 51. 

It seems like low roll range is "common", mid-range rolls are "uncommon" and high rolls are "rare" now. Granted, a sample size of 16 is small, but it does seem that way atm. If it is indeed true, I don't like. Not one bit. 

-Problem:
After hours of of "down a thrall, mercy a thrall, down a thrall, mercy a thrall, down a thrall, mercy a thrall, end the mission, start again.", the player defeats their Lich and is ready to spawn another with a weapon they desire.
They enter a Grineer mission, complete the objective, find a larvling, down a larvling, check for the weapon ("Nope, not this one."), and leave.
They re-enter the Grineer mission, complete the objective, find a thrall, down a thrall, mercy a thrall--WHOOPS. That wasn't a thrall; that was a larvling. The player is now locked into fighting a Lich that they are most likely not happy with. How could this be avoided?

-Potential Solutions
First and most obviously, the player could pay attention; at all times, the player could be fully aware of their actions. This solution would probably involve a lot of coffee, and might lose a percentage of the playerbase that plays Warframe to relax.

Another solution could be to make an effort to differentiate the actions of stabbing a larvling from stabbing a thrall. The end goal would be to make 90%+ of players never accidentally even call a larvling "thrall". One common suggestion would be to add hold-to-trigger to stabbing a larvling; this might leave the player in an awkward position in the middle of combat, but the player could learn to overcome that.

Another slightly less common solution would be to re-purpose the "convert/vanquish" screen from the end of a Lich's life and mirror it at the start of a Lich's "life"; this has the advantages of adding an opportunity to give invulnerability to player while they make their decision, and give players new to Liches the option to realize they are stumbling across an "unknown" part of the game they might want to forgo until they learn more, rather than just following the game's orders and stabbing the larvling when presented the option. Also, hey, the mirroring in the system is just elegant.

Another option is to change up the thralls rather than the larvlings. How necessary is the the stabbing of every single thrall, if the lore of the parazon's purpose isn't properly explained? Ok, ok, maybe that's going a bit far.
Nevertheless, the internal cycle of hunting the Lich could be, and I have no doubt will be, made less monotonous, tedious, and all around brain-numbing. I have no specific suggestions to this end at this time. The options are too numerous, and ideally would be intertwined with lore of the Lich program, lore which I do not know.

These solutions are not mutually exclusive, and could be mixed and matched to some degree.

#number of times I had to correct "thrall" to "larvling" in this post: 1

(edit) I meant to include Lich cancelling as a potential solution for thoroughness' sake, but that obviously has issue with trivializing the hunt for ephemeras, and I don't much care for the idea systemwise or lorewise, personally, so I forgot to include it. Whoops.

Edited by Nomayonnaiseinireland

Overall a positive improvement, with a few caveats:

1 - We should have a way to influence the gun a larvling has. Why not make it so that the wpn used for the kill dictates the wpn the larvling has. Ex : using a kohm gives a Kuva kohm, using a bow gives the bramma , using aw gun gives the ayanga. Only a few wpns like chakkur might be problematic, since it's kinda a new wpn archetype, but you would just have to choose a wpn family type for these. Sure beats spending 5 hours killing larvlings each time. People could still get random rolls by using wpns not in the list of progenitor wpns.

2 - Still no endless lich missions, and no integration into existing modes like fissures, sorties and such. All missions should have the potential to be lich missions , that way you can play the content you enjoy instead of it being another island.

3 - Need different icons for larvlings than murmur guys. You get trained for hours to kill murmurs, which can lead to reflex killing a larvling. Also, might want to add an "hold button to execute" feature to avoid accidental kills.

4 - Need to show the ephemera on the larvling wpn display image.

5 - Still think you need a way to get rid/trade away an unwanted lich without going through a 5 hours process, especially when ephemera hunting.

6 - Murmur 3 is too long , and murmurs should be awarded every time you help a player defeat their liches.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Reifnir said:

It's not just you.

I ended up coming down with flu (sick leave) and used that opportunity to come down on lich farming. 16 liches later, vast majority of them were in the 25-28 range, one 34 and one 51. 

It seems like low roll range is "common", mid-range rolls are "uncommon" and high rolls are "rare" now. Granted, a sample size of 16 is small, but it does seem that way atm. If it is indeed true, I don't like. Not one bit. 

I think that's a decent supposition. In my "pre-update" liches - I did 31 of them - 17 were in the 25-35% range, 7 in 36-45%, and 7 above 45%. Post-update, I've only done 8, with 7 of them being below 30%. 

With that, and other experiences and stats people put up, my guess is that low bonuses were always heavily weighted. Maybe more so now, given the upgrade options and choose-your-weapon option. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Reifnir said:

It's not just you.

Not sure about that being a new thing, historically low rolls have been common in my experience (59 Liches so far including U27.1)
unknown.png
Post U27.1 I did 22 Liches so far, pretty much the same-ish distribution
unknown.png
That said, Valence Fusion does need a better value per transfer (20% should be good enough) to reduce required fusions from 7-9 to 3-5. I don't think the Kuva Lich system deserves that much time investment from the players atm, even with Murmur tweaks (possibly?) on the horizon, the fusions feel quite underwhelming. 

Edited by Neah

I'm... honestly skeptical things still get read this deep into feedback threads, but oh well, may as well copy paste something I wrote on reddit.

Maybe it's time to scrap kuva larvlings entirely; the whole Lich system, while getting better in terms of reward structure, has only gotten increasingly asinine as updates go on to try to fix how bad the gameplay structure was to begin with. Liches are now something we, the Tenno, very deliberately go out of our way to personally willingly create using the powers of our Lich-making-knife, so that they can go pick up a weapon from the grineer armory and bring it back to us. We kill them to get it, of course, but... what the hell is that entire premise?

Kuva liches aren't a personal nemesis, they never were, and they never will be. I feel like it would be better to just scrap the failed narrative on this one and implement something like a contract-taking system instead, maybe using that dojo room they made us build. Have the Kuva Liches framed as elite soldiers that the Queen already made through horrific kuva experiments that killed them repeatedly and rendered them nigh-immortal, and are now. causing trouble around the system. Then we're instead taking up a bounty to personally challenge them and take them down. Just pick a weapon and element and the anti-grineer intelligence room will "track down" (generate) a Lich to become your mark.

Cut out the empty time wasting of larvling farming and the absurdity of our role in the entire system and liches even existing. Some of their dialogue might not match up as well without being replaced, but a lot of their dialogue ALREADY doesn't match up with the system we got, so oh well. I guess we'd also maybe lose out on their shoulder-helmet (that doesn't really make any sense to begin with), but is that actually something people find compelling?

What if the scaling per lich level was increased allot to the point where we could have each health bar droping a reward the first time you bring it down. So you could get some kuva or something, then the ephemera, and then the weapon when you beat it. 

I'm afraid of DE removing the self harm of bramma and nerfing the damage as a result... Get good!

I still don't understand why I can't farm more than a handful of murmurs in an endless?

If you limited it to only 3 thralls per 5 min increment I'd still rather do an hour defense, disruption or survival than have to keep loading in and out of random missions each with random people.

Also there is very little synergy right now between Kuva Lich missions and Railjack missions, where as the Kuva Lich missions synergize well with the rest of the star chart.

Is my Lich afraid of space, I don't recall seeing that trait on any of them?

@[DE]Rebecca 

give the Eximus units the same treatment as thralls. 
when they are "killed" they go into a downed state. parazon them in the head and they have a  say 5-10% chance to drop a Relic (a random lith, meso, neo or axi). makes them a bit more special rather then a somewhat tankier unit. something small an simple yet rewarding. 

I think the integration can be increased more to be more aggresive

We don't see our lich at all outside the time they spawn in mission to fight us, making them don't feel like a nemesis and instead some random encounter like stalker or other assassin.

I think they should appear 100% everytime you finish a mission objective as a warning for operating in their sector with a group of lich as their underling, with the lich taking away 100% of your loot if you die from the lich in the battle. Not only that, they can have some mocking line if you're being revived by teammates, mocking your power being below theirs and not being a worthy opponent to have a teammate helping you or a coward

Normal mission would have some grineer thralls appearing as watchmen, with grineer invasion if the faction is not grineer as the effort of taking over the sector, making the lich feels more immersive

• Like 1

Liches should not level up from losing all their territory IMO.

First, it doesn't make sense. Levelling up from botched kills is ok because that invokes Kuva's mysterious effects, but why would losing territory make them stronger?

Second, it feels pretty bad for newer players when their attempts to reclaim territory results in even more lich nodes they might not have the gear to complete.

Can liches spawn be changed to this?

- you are running around completing the mission

[Enable Cinematic camera]

-suddently a hand grabs you and lich says a phrase ( example: "Remember ME?", or " looking for me?", exx.)

-he throws you away 

[Disable cinematic camera]

-gameplay resumes as normal

To be completely honest, what i want are MULTIPLE entrance types of the lich

Examples

Camera pans on thralls moking the tenno and lich come in view moving them aside

lich grabs tenno by the back and throws him away

(melee lich) lich drops from above ready to slam the tenno. tenno avoid it and close in only for the lich to parry it. lich says something while swords touch.

A portal of energy appears and the lich appears THANOS STILE

just a few examples

Edited by Doraz_

valance fusion needs some attention, the % gained is way to low, right now im guessing it would take 20 weapons to reach the 60% bonus, and with the horrible rng of getting specific weapons, that's not very good at all, i think the % ganed should ramp up depending on how many times its been fused, for example 5% 10% 15% 20% 25% 30% etc. i think this system would be a lot more beneficial, also if we had a option to preserve current dmg type or apply new would be great improvement, that way if your just buying a lich for the purpose of reaching the 60% bonus then any weapon thats the same as yours will work, so dmg type would be irrelevant 

After doing 1 Lich with the new system, I got a lucky weapon roll... and then realized I would have to repeat the cycle 4 more times to "max" it out.  

This actually made me feel less good about this cool new weapon I got. (And that was on a good % roll ) 

It was fun to do once, but I'm not the type to repeat 10 times for a small % bonus.  

My suggestion is to make the system tye to into other modes of play, rather than doing one thing in isolation. 

If playing a normal level, and all players are a certain MR, a lich will send a hit squad. (Murmers) if you defeat them without being downed, the lich spawns. 

Or, when extracting, the lich hit squad blocks the exit. Defeating them gives murmurs.   

A use for those nav beacons we collect all the time. Doing missions in Lich territory gives components for Lich Beacons. (Kuva + nav beacons + new items) to force summon a lich.  

please add thralls to every mission, of chourse less frequent but then we could run regularly missions like fissures or reqiums and still make some progress on our liches, for the ones that dont have a lich just wont get anything, but the ones that do will get some progress 

Prefacing this quick post by saying that I understand that it is my bad for not understanding what DE meant when they said they are now no longer allowing liches to give the same weapon twice in a row. I spent 4hours farming for a lich, not knowing this. As expected, I should have known better than to blindly trust the game's UI to tell me this.

That being said, what I do not understand is why we are not able to farm for a lich to have the same weapon as the previous one did, now that we can see the weapon being displayed??? You added a somewhat bad solution to the problem of players getting a weapon they did not want again, and then added a second better solution, giving this illusion of full choice, when in reality, now we are teased with all the weapons BUT the one we might want to farm successively for?!

I've gotten a Toxin Bramma at 26% toxin. This rng stat to make me feel special is not the greatest. So I think to myself, to make myself feel slightly more special, lets bump this stat that is the only special, unique stat in the game (that so happens to be about benefiting damage and nothing else), by farming more brammas. But now apparently, I am forced to pad out these liches with ANOTHER kuva weapon in between? Why?

Finally, I appreciate the dialogue box showing the kuva weapon we would get from starting a lich. But, why can't I cancel this lich if I accidentally pressed X on it since it is such a common button to press? Why doesn't aborting the mission not cancel this lich, like it cancels the drops I got from the mission? And for all the talk about hold-to-confirm presses, why is that not here when it comes to liches - one of the greatest time sinks in the game currently?

And finally, please consider finding some other way for us to grind requime mods? This is an absolutely terrible way to farm them.

1 hour ago, 0verridden said:

Prefacing this quick post by saying that I understand that it is my bad for not understanding what DE meant when they said they are now no longer allowing liches to give the same weapon twice in a row. I spent 4hours farming for a lich, not knowing this. As expected, I should have known better than to blindly trust the game's UI to tell me this.

That being said, what I do not understand is why we are not able to farm for a lich to have the same weapon as the previous one did, now that we can see the weapon being displayed??? You added a somewhat bad solution to the problem of players getting a weapon they did not want again, and then added a second better solution, giving this illusion of full choice, when in reality, now we are teased with all the weapons BUT the one we might want to farm successively for?!

Well, either they left it in to make us do two liches for every upgrade to a given weapon, or they just forgot to take it out once they changed the system.

I kinda think they just forgot how that would work with the new system.