Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Kuva Lich Changes 27.1.0 + 27.1.0.1

[DE]Megan

21 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

*Clarification on ‘Abandoning Liches’: We have removed the prototype for this for now, because rather than not fixing the core loop and just letting a Lich be banished, we intend to focus on the core loop first. 

Oh, come on!

umm,you see, the problem here is that I have 2 or more 5-forma-ed kuva weapon with innate heat damage, and I wish them to have toxin

before the fix, you can change the innate damage type without losing the implements of formas, so I decided to get the MR experience first, elements later

I really dont mind to re-forma those weapons, but the problem is I am kind of out of plat for that, maybe some more fix the change that?

16 hours ago, Aesthier said:

Thank you so much for fixing the Kuva Fortress Crevice Captura! I can now enter it without it infinitely locking the game up.

At the same time I am a bit disappointed with the removal of the heavy attack from the E button.

When is DE going to "stop" with all the all in or all out changes in those areas where the community is split?

There are many who enjoyed the heavy attack on their middle mouse button but DE changed it to hold-e. That upset quite a few players but then when DE flip flops back again many other players who liked the hold-e function became upset.

When will you guys finally get it?

Make stuff optional!

Is it really that hard to let us select between hold-e or middle mouse for ourselves?

I don't mind when players desire changes that create opportunities to increase their enjoyment but adding those features at the cost of the enjoyment of others is getting ridiculous.

Locking everything into this black or white way of pitting play-styles against each other, only alienates portions of your player base.

As a player I LOVE options but I hate changing things that break up my enjoyment of the game.

It's like when you go to the deli to buy a hero and they drown it in mayo or mustard like they are the ones that are going to eat it.

1 minute ago, Gakami said:

umm,you see, the problem here is that I have 2 or more 5-forma-ed kuva weapon with innate heat damage, and I wish them to have toxin

before the fix, you can change the innate damage type without losing the implements of formas, so I decided to get the MR experience first, elements later

I really dont mind to re-forma those weapons, but the problem is I am kind of out of plat for that, maybe some more fix the change that?

You CAN keep the implements of forma. It depends on the gun that you start with the valance fusion. The game tells you which one is being consumed. if you think it is consuming the wrong one, then I think you have selected the wrong kuva weapon.

Having a lot of Lich bugs, even after the hotfix. I created a new Lich in a mission just as the initial Lich Improvement update came through, but then didn't get the stuff after extraction, when you get their name and they first talk to you. So I exited the game to run the update, came back and got my Lich taunting me as usual. But there's no link to Lich information in the menu (next to Nightwave), nothing in the codex page and there aren't any controlled nodes in navigation. I ran an exterminate on Saturn and a Larvling spawns; when they're down I can see what weapon they'll have and it allows me to convert them, so I do. Except at the end of the mission, I get 100 kuva as though I let the Larvling die and don't get a Lich. I've tried this a few times and the same thing happens. So I quit the game and relaunched and still get a Lich taunting me when I log in, but he doesn't exist outside of that!

I guess it got bugged because the Lich was created when the update was deploying, but the hotfix didn't fix it. So at the moment, I can't do anything with the Lich system! Anyone else encountered this?

14 hours ago, zakaryx said:

New bug. If a pet or warframe ability kills it then the icon won't show up. So don't bring wukong clone or pets that can attack.

Seems like it depends. Blade Storm allows the weapon to show but Mirage clones do not. Super annoying.

13 minutes ago, zAph. said:

larvings dont show weapon above thier heads

tried 3 times

I've had this about twice out of a dozen take downs where the weapon doesn't show... but I also noticed unlike other larvelings it won't despawn after you leave it

Makes me wonder if it's a new weapon or emphermia that is stopping it from showing up... That said I did get the Kuva Hind earlier...

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Thank you!!

So soft locks on an optional system are a problem but a four month old stealth nerf to affinity progression isn't? Even if it wasn't an intentional change if you guys keep balancing progression with a broken progression system it's only gonna become more and more of a problem. If it becomes a big enough problem eventually you'll decide never to fix it and announce "it doesn't fit our vision of Warframe anymore".

23 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

*SNIP*

REMOVE Kuve Bramma FROM CONCLAVE! NAU!

Why do you guys keep doing this??? Releasing Wepons like that and then not flagging them disabled in PvP? With 1.0 dmg Conclave multiplier, basically making it having PvE stat (800dmg) vs. Warframes that have maximum of 300 HP? Another repeat from Pennant?

23 minutes ago, SuperSmog said:

Can you please remove the self dmg on the New Kuva Bramma, or at the very least let us use cautious shot on it because we currently can't.

They're never gonna remove it.. DE devs have some weird fetish for self-damaging explosion weapons.

On 2020-02-04 at 7:58 PM, [DE]Megan said:

*Clarification on ‘Abandoning Liches’: We have removed the prototype for this for now, because rather than not fixing the core loop and just letting a Lich be banished, we intend to focus on the core loop first. 

This is still needed for when you accidentally stab a larvling you didn't mean to stab, which is very easy to do when your brain is on autopilot after a bunch of murmur farming or if you try to reload your gun while standing too close to the downed larvling. One stray button press can condemn you to hours upon hours of pointless, fruitless grind just to get rid of a lich you didn't mean to create? That's just bad, bad game design.

1 hour ago, Moomabo said:

So soft locks on an optional system are a problem but a four month old stealth nerf to affinity progression isn't? Even if it wasn't an intentional change if you guys keep balancing progression with a broken progression system it's only gonna become more and more of a problem. If it becomes a big enough problem eventually you'll decide never to fix it and announce "it doesn't fit our vision of Warframe anymore".

Man, really been a while huh.

8 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

This is still needed for when you accidentally stab a larvling you didn't mean to stab, which is very easy to do when your brain is on autopilot after a bunch of murmur farming. One stray button press can condemn you to hours upon hours of pointless, fruitless grind just to get rid of a lich you didn't mean to create? That's just bad, bad game design.

>"cater to me cause I can't pay attention otherwise that's bad game design and your fault not mine"

You could, y'know, just pay attention.

18 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

This is still needed for when you accidentally stab a larvling you didn't mean to stab, which is very easy to do when your brain is on autopilot after a bunch of murmur farming. One stray button press can condemn you to hours upon hours of pointless, fruitless grind just to get rid of a lich you didn't mean to create? That's just bad, bad game design.

I would be happy if they said "If you do this, you cannot create another Kuva Lich for an entire week." I have a Kuva Lich I did intend to create, but that ended up with a lousy weapon roll, and I'd rather abandon it and come back a week later to try again than grind this out. 

Archived