Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Kuva Lich Changes 27.1.0 + 27.1.0.1

[DE]Megan

51 minutes ago, QueenB76 said:

YOU PEOPLE WHO LOVE WARFRAME TOO MUCH SHOULD NOT PLAY ANY MORE 

OF THE RIP OFF GAME IT IS 

Plat is tradable. Imagine it being not tradable. Like when i first started back in 2013. You should go back in time and experience that. Maybe youll appreciate what we have. Also i think your capslock key is stuck.

have you fixed the Speed on the railjacks yet because Engine speed isn't what you are really getting. say 300m/s engine isn't moving you 300meters a second... it was moving you at 75m a second. so engines were crap. OR stat were wrong, either way, needs  a fix.

futher more, liches still back breaking 1 shot BUT now you get to be a ragdolled corpse that cant move but shoot! so thats ... thats #*!%ing S#&$. 
also WHY does switch teleport knock us down... its a switch teleport. STOP TACKING KNOCKDOWNS TO EVERYTHING! 

43 minutes ago, ArkThanatos said:

futher more, liches still back breaking 1 shot BUT now you get to be a ragdolled corpse that cant move but shoot! so thats ... thats #*!%ing S#&$. 
also WHY does switch teleport knock us down... its a switch teleport. STOP TACKING KNOCKDOWNS TO EVERYTHING! 

also got that bug 2 times. im fixing it by having a explosive weapon on me to finish the job the lich could not.

Im not a programmer but i assume there is still some undeleted code of the kill on fail left somewhere.

Patch 27.1.0 + 27.1.0.1 Fiesta and some bug fixes ?!?

I have identified the reason behind the explosive weapon bugs like 75% reduced damage with AOE elemental status effects.

It looks like DE is trying to implement baby wheels to protect snowflake community from their incompetence and fat fingers. And they do that by introducing a protective area around the player that reduces the weapon damage progressively the closer to the player projectile explodes the less damage it will do, in addition players are no longer affected by status procks from their weapon. In the previous patches area affecting the damage was very large so it was affecting damage at all ranges, and status immunity was in some way affecting enemies. Now it's much more refined and possible to identify.

If the enemy is affected by crowd control ability like nidus Larva they take even less damage from some weapons about 50% less

Firs of all damage reduction should have never affected the enemies only players, second it will not work even at 75% damage reduction [Secura Penta] with bad build from youtube will have enough damage to one shot full tank Nidus several times over.

Patch 27.1.0 + 27.1.0.1 bug fixes and new bugs

All weapons are still in some way affected by proximity to the player and or crowd control bug but they feel much better and you can quite often get full damage. Best fix remove noob shield there is nothing hard about this game no reason to do it.

Kulstar - Fixed

Zarr – Fixed but does not feel the same

Secura Penta – Status propagation fixed [napalm grenades] now apply 50% armour reduction and stack fire dot Fixed. When not affected by proximity bug or CC bug this weapon can consistently kill group of 8 level 150 Corrupted heavy gunners with a single round so works much better in very low level content and ammo economy improved.

Ogris – Status propagation fixed [Nightwatch Napalm] now apply 50% armour reduction Fixed, fire dot stacking unknown.

Scourge – Not fixed + New bug when enemies are affected by crowd control [Nidus Larva] some of the projectiles are deflected in random directions.

Sancti Castanas – Broken beyond believe nothing fixed + New bugs weapons ignores multishot above 200%, if first shot was not detonated second shot will ignore all multishot above 100% so first shot will send 3 projectiles second will send only 2 tested with 276%.

With multishot at 336% weapon will send 3 or 5 projectiles never 4, if first shot that send 5 projectiles was not detonated next shot will ignore all multishot on the weapon and send only one projectile.

New bug additional projectile from multishot spread bug. Tested on heavy gunner you need to be 2 meters away from the enemy for all the projectiles generated by multishot to attach. At 3 meters all but centre projectile fly in to the great unknown (face palm).

Opticore Vandal - was originally not affected but one of the patches before new year introduced the same bugs to this weapon so now weapon does 75% less damage

Follow up on November 18 post

Bugs introduced with the old blood:

Catchmoon broken status math weapon with Base status of 35% and 203.7% status from mods gives 91.6%

Catchmoon broken weapon range and falloff math weapon base 8-16m bonus projectile speed from mods 126.2% and we and up with 14.6 – 29.3m

Separate Riven disposition for other Catchmoon variants is now removed from the game so not fixed?

Zenistar no way to stack combo in high level the only weapon for high level end game runs

Zenistar is useless and definitely not fixed.

Eeeeeeeeee.........great job guys eeeeeeeeee.......... keep it up?!?

7 hours ago, MadEagle said:

When did you get it???

Because I have not seen any new kuva weapons drops all day yesterday or today.

I've done maybe 45-50 solo runs total on Cassini, and as a result have gotten the Kuva Hind and the Kuva Bramma and is currently working on a lich having the Kuva Nukor. The new Kuva weapon icon has worked every time, and only once did the larvling not spawn (got the flickering, but didn't find the larvling). So from my perspective things seem to be working fine.

On 2020-02-04 at 10:58 AM, HLixir said:

Any plans on fixing gunnery rank 10 perk? Still stutters when trying to lock on a target.

P.S.

-Will there be a complete remake for way-points? It just feels like you keep making tiny fixes for certain areas while the system overall needs remodeling.

--Also Mantle of the Lotus when? Could have a public and separate version of it.

Reveal hidden contents

UtYTBQD.png

I keep hearing that Gunnery sucks in general and yet I've not once seen any explanation as to why.

En 4/2/2020 a las 12:58, [DE]Megan dijo:

Melee Heavy Attacks are no longer able to be triggered by holding 'E', they again live exclusively on Alt-Fire.

• The loss of Melee Combo Counter feedback due to spamming Melee drove the vast amounts of requests for Melee Heavy Attack to not be holding ‘E’. A toggle for Melee Heavy Attacks is not in the cards, thus Melee Heavy Attacks are now essentially brought back to its original mechanic of having to use Alt-Fire. 

TY TY so much

9 hours ago, QueenB76 said:

that new skin is a RIP OFF .BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WANT MONEY MONEY NOTHING FREE FOR THE GAME OH HELL NO. I AM NOT GIVE MORE MONEY OUT AND PEOPLE SAY IT IS A FREE GAME NO IT IS NOT A FREE TO PLAY GAME THE PEOPLE WHAT MAKE WARFRAME BAG OF LIES . I AM SORRY GUYS BUT I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME FOR 7 YEARS NOW AND NOTHING IS NEW JUST MONEY YOU PEOPLE WHO LOVE WARFRAME TOO MUCH SHOULD NOT PLAY ANY MORE OF THE RIP OFF GAME IT IS 

I'm... sorry? You technically don't have to even purchase anything. For example, I do my grinding the ol' fashioned way. Parts and all. Also... Dude, it is a free to play game, and you're probs just a TAD bit salty about all of this, just saying.

9 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

Same, but having good patchnotes that are fun to read is also good. 

Are you one of those tenno who are never happy because the game isnt perfect, upset cuz a lich killed you on parazon fail one too many times? 

Or are you glad we got these actual improvements instead of getting a stinky middle finger and otherwise being ignored

I swear, for some people, nothing is good enough. 

Im upset that the liches killing you is the least of the issue. Im upset that DE pretends like they understand us by claiming they want to make farming liches less tedious, but didnt even touch the actual tedious part of farming mummers for 6 hours straight.

Not a whole lot of good to report here with regards to railjack.  I haven't put in the time to deal with my current Lich, so maybe that's the focus here.  I can't really conjecture.

Regarding railjack;

1. The black sections on the side turrets still pop up in nearly every mission.
  2. The homing projectiles still home in on archwings.  Instant death given the volume of fire, combined with nearly infinite range.  I was going after an avionic 20,000+ meters away and enemy projectiles followed me there after about 20 seconds of circling me after a dodge.
  3. Random teleporting.  This isn't squad form-up, this is being on a sentient ship, going operator, and going back to your frame only to find that you are at a pulse turbine.  You then use "unstuck" and wind up respawning at the start of the sentient ship.  Wow.

Regarding drops...It was about 30 missions in proxima before any of the avionics dropped.  I now, after more than 60 missions, have void hole and particle ram.  Boy, does that fix the broken systems here.  Void hole deals with fighters, you can boost around the crewships, and arm the artillery to take them out.  It's almost like you didn't test anything but the endgame, and forgot to balance any progression...  It's pretty apparent, so let's just call this.  Railjack launched too early, and after a month we've got a buggy release state to work with.  Maybe next time let's just not push something like this out, or the player base is going to get even more spartan.

Kuva Lich experience is till underwhelming as no changes have been made to the actual game cycle...

> Murmur farming:

Is frankly quuite boring  you just slog through the usual missions with the only objective of downing the 4-5 or so thralls that spawn among the regular troops... that's it, the actual objective of the mission is completely irrelevant...

Enemies are higher in level so there's a reason to use decent builds and weapons but still there's no payback, you get the usual drops of the node (stolen by the lich) and reduce it influence on the planet only for it taking root somewere else in the solar system... (more about that in the enxt section)

- all "endless" missions are constrained to a single "rotation" duration with a limited number of thralls to "interrogate"

- lich controlled nodes are ghost towns, it's improbable to find other players with lich territories overlapping on yours to share missions with, resulting ofthen in a solo farm again in a multiplayer game

Actual mission objectives are irrelevant to narrative! Only consequence of doing murmur missions is removing lich influence on node ina purely mechanical way.

- Capture mission: hunt the target, collaterally take down any thrall that spawns, hope the lich doesn't interfere when capturing your target... the assigned capture target isn't even a thrall or in ant way connected to the lich! I was on Jupiter and I got a corpus target on a grineer controlled tile (ok what??)! Why isn't the target itself a source of informations/murmurs?!

- Spy mission: crack the vaults, no effect on murmur advancement, risk of lich spawn and automatic fail.

- Survival: you are there as a diversion... no contest to fighting the lich, just doing the usual boring mission, with a single "rotation" of duration, so no infinite murmur farming.

- Defense: one rotation and you leave, actually defending the objective has no effect on murmurs, thralls are just there... and, again, you can stay only a single rotation of 5 waves

(also a critique to defense missions in general: what the heck happens to the target after we leave? it would be cool seeing the next team coming in to replace us or a recovery crew actually hauling the target away!)

- etc...

> Kuva lich "birth/ascent" feels "random"

We don't risk anymore accidentally giving rise to a Lich, still Liches start as some no name weakling, "die" and suddenly return with troops, equipment and resources that would make Sargas Rhuk green with envy... this sudden power growth makes no sense bestowed on a mere "mob",  I'd rather have a ranked grineer with at least a number as a name, as origin for a lich - a unit or multiple units appearing in kuva related missions as part of the garrison, as some kind of miniboss.

>Star map grab and control

Lich influence spreads unrealistically fast! We  do need those occupied nodes for thral grinding with how the current system works, but it would be ebtter if it wasn't the case.

Current rate of expansion is unbelievable and sudden, conflicting with both established canon and suspension of disbelief (were did the grineer suddenly find all that manpower, ships and resources without us noticing they were ammassing all that material!?) with Kuva Lich leveling jumpstarting even faster and unexplained territory grabbing...

Turning territorial Lich expansion in invasion missions would be believable and make use of what's already ingame without straining credibilityt .

- We would get agency in how far and how fast lich influence encroaches in the Origin System while mantaining a realistic rate of propagation: the more we would engage in disrupting invasios, the slower our Lich expansion on the star map.

- Thrall hunt would be contestualized by us headhunting the lich lieutenants, to derail its invasion efforts by decaitating its troops chain of command.

- It would justify conflict with our lich as, the more we make nuisances of ourselves, the more it'd be motivated to hunt us down, through proxies or personally,  much like Alad V and Vay Hek send assassins after us when interfering too much in their factions invasions!

- Routine missions outside of Lich influence could get spawn additional objectives depending on current Lich threath rating in a manner similar to the old mission objective changes with the Lotus or assassin spawns: during an exterminate or other mission we could be notified that an alliy has been captured by lich forces and needs immediate recue, or  that the ship we boarded has been rigged for selfdestruction in a "reverse sabotag"e in which we attempt to prevent the reactor from going critical or to flee in time, one of the players liches sends an hit squad to interfere with the mission, and so on...

- Invasions would/could  get a "final" extra mission targeting a lich lieutenant in command of that expedition, to stop the attack for good. Success would substantially raise lich attention towards us: while it could afford to ignore us as a minor setback, losing trusted officerswould mark us as priority threats, very much like killing bosses marks us for Stalker reprisals.

-  Spawning of mission node/s hosting our lich base for us to discover and raze to the ground through multiple missions, with location revealed through research or happenstance (like being captured by lich troops).

- It will tie-in easily with wathever the nature of Empyrean will be, including launching preemptive attacks on lich forces to postpone or completely derail ongoing planetary landings.

> Investigating kuva lich requiem is boring, repetitive and "disconnected" from regular game cycle

Connecting to what I discussed about changing liches territorial expansions, DE needs to give us alternative ways to accumulate murmurs or actual hints.

- Parazon mods each have nice pieces of prose that  would be interesting to somehow integrate in the process of unlocking the proper requiem!

- Fighting our lich before the final showdown does not feel involved or "personal"

<> Consequences for 3 completely wrong runes/ no runes equipped: mission failure and loss of transference to the defeated frame, with our lich evolving using its parts, this would be offset by being able to exclude 3 mods from the puzzle in a single mission and still be a very rare occurrence that helps establishing the lich as an actual threat for us personally. (obviously our downed frame wil be "replaced" by the lotus/ordis , or we could have to do a "zabuka-like"  mission to recover it)

<> Defeating the lich with an incomplete requiem could let us down it temporarily, with it reviving again and again (just like we do) while hounding and taunting us relentlessly for the entire mission, deliberately going after our target and trying to prevent us from accomplishing it,  until we complete our objective or its continued interference forces us to fail or to flee. This would impress how these new enemies  are different and that we can't get rid of them easily or afford to ignore them without repercussions. (more interesting and challenging than the Lich simply fleeing)

<> Spy vaults in lich territory should offer actual information on requiem or lich palns, to enable us to prevent invasions or plan attacks on resourche depotsand other targets that would help cripple our enemy military effort, even eventually leading into "cascading" missions dedicated to raiding the lich treasure ships or storage depots, for profit or pure vandalism! Sabotaging a ship to suffer a catastrophic reactor meltdown or vent it's atmosphere and survive until we completely ransack its hold? (kuva in drops?) Tl:Dr spy vaults drop should be acces to lich related missions with bonus effects, better drops or something...

<> Capture missions should target kuva lich lieutenants for information (murmurs) and hints about its abilities and weaknesses (that should be completely unkown) and its main base "lair" actual location;

<> Defection missions would become their actual namesake, with rescued defectors contributing information to the player;

<> Option to buy information for reputation or favours (missions) from our allied syndacates, Maroo and Symaris, with hostile syndacates actively working to thwart us in our efforts ( we really need more interaction and conflict with syndacates as well, this system is completely frozen and unchanged since its introduction)

> General improvements

--  Non Lich-related missions could/should accomodate extra objective/s connected to our lich depending on its level, as already written above;

-- Lich-related missions could/should change dynamically or add objective/s on the fly for more variability and unpredictability (like sometimes happened in regular missions with capture missions becoming exterminate etc the coding is already in place even if I havent seen it happening in mission in a while now): doing spy vaults we could  find the last one purged with a thrall on the run with the info we need - capture missions could be traps, turning into  survival, defense or exterminate, and so on. This would keep us on our toes and maybe encourage generalist builds and frames over meta due to needing adaptability if a mission goes off the rails...

- Lich mission could be tuned as mini procedural assault mission;

-- defeat in Lich-related missions should have consequences, like losing part of our progress in stopping an onging invasion in that sector, opening a new invasion! Getting our frame captured and locking it in an escape mission like the Zanuka Hunter one - "actual" defeat (instead of scripted one) needs to be interesting as a narrative chance instead of being reduced to a purely binary win/fail switch.

-- rising enemy "pressure" connected to our progress in discovering our lich requiem, with difficulty ramping up every time we test an improved combination successfully on the lich itself: 1 correct mod in the sequence, 2, 3 + 1or 2 mods in the right place, with maximum level of conflict when requiem is discovered and the enemies hunt the player relentlessly before he gets access to the Lich base for the final showdown.

-- need to find and breach our Lich main base to actually access the final shodown after an assault mission! with the lich not permanently killable in other missions, setting the stage with better scripting for boss fights

-- better scripting in general for Lich AIin combat, use of abilities is damn random with ability sets with poor or no connection to parent frame actual abilities;

-- other returns from defeating our lich besides weapon and ephemera to keep interest in the system: kuva in decent quantities would be very much apreciated together with chances at rivens;

-- choice between murdering or converting our lich should net equivalent immediate benefits, choice should be purely "moral" and reflecting on our "aligment" that's been neglected since "The War Within"

-- instead of getting converted liches to pop randomply in mission and being ineffective at it to boot, give us their "specter" as tradable blueprint and/or reusable beacon, so we can choose to use it or not;

-- we kill our lich we get choice of two out built weapon, built ephemera, blueprint of their "specter"

-- we convert it we get choice of two out of  reusable "specter beacon" and its blueprint, blueprint of weapon, blueprint of ephemera

I believe  most of what I outlined could takes advantage of existing game mechanics and scripting and/or reuse existing assets - i.e. could be actually implemented without "reinventing the wheel"

On 2020-02-04 at 2:26 PM, Gabbynaru said:

Now back to the Liches, integrate them and the murmur farming in the main game. Gaining murmurs and getting attacked by the Lich while you're doing normal farming will make this feel so much better.

Only if the Lich doesn't rank up so fast.  

Anyone else get a lich by being in a mission where someone else killed the larvling?  It seems to have happened to my friend.  He forgot to change to solo to search for his own larvling, so when one spawned, he said he didn't pursue it and never saw it.  A team mate seems to have downed it and when my friend left the mission, he found he was stuck with a lich holding a Drakgoon.  The person in the mission who he believes killed the larvling was just a random person and he didn't catch their name so we can't ask them if they intended to get the drakgoon or not and what happened from their perspective.  My friend farmed larvlings to get the bow, so hes familiar with how they work now.  He said he didn't Mercy any of them in the mission.  I would be more suspicious he screwed up, but I was in discord with him and in quick succession the jist of what he said was "shoot, I accidentally jumped into a public Adaro session" followed by "well, at least the mission is almost done (this is why he didn't just abort the mission) and it looks like they got their larvling" and then upon his return to the orbiter WT@$% a Lich with a Drakgoon??!?!? 

Le 04/02/2020 à 19:58, [DE]Megan a dit :

NPCs now have about a second of delay before being able to perceive other players or NPCs that come out of invisibility, regardless of alert state. Previously, combat-state enemies would near instantly retarget in such cases. Seen in:

Wait....There's still hope for Stealth in this game?!!

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "surprised gif"

(I suggest any developer to try Mastery rank 9 & 19 to really see what could be done to make stealth viable with AND without warframe abilities)

Le 04/02/2020 à 20:29, VenomousValentine a dit :

I would prefer patchnotes to actually be good instead of whacky and relatable.

Well,both can coexist : just make objective patchnotes with factual info like a programmer does, and add a little joke on the side to avoid looking like a robot...

is the kuva bramma suppose to shoot through doors, walkways and enemies? projectiles go through a door and explode when it hits something like a wall or the floor on the other side, they also do not explode on contact with enemies, it cant be just my bow that is broken? or do i have a magic bow? useless magic bow if it is one lol

On 2020-02-06 at 2:14 PM, MadEagle said:

When did you get it???

I've done maybe 45-50 solo runs total on Cassini, and as a result have gotten the Kuva Hind and the Kuva Bramma and is currently working on a lich having the Kuva Nukor. The new Kuva weapon icon has worked every time, and only once did the larvling not spawn (got the flickering, but didn't find the larvling). So from my perspective things seem to be working fine.

1 hour ago, Graavarg said:

Maybe you've added punch-through?

interesting, i do have shred on it, never even noticed the punch-through on it, call me stupid lol, but i have the same mod on other "bows" and they cant shoot through doors, still weird tho, thanks for reply, will do some testing on it

2 hours ago, XxWarlord2017xX said:

is the kuva bramma suppose to shoot through doors, walkways and enemies? projectiles go through a door and explode when it hits something like a wall or the floor on the other side, they also do not explode on contact with enemies, it cant be just my bow that is broken? or do i have a magic bow? useless magic bow if it is one lol

Shred can really mess up behaviour on all contact detonation launchers as many floors and wals don't actually have a thikness sufficent to deplete all the punch trough, current corpus starship tiles in particular are a mess in this regard

Am 6.2.2020 um 14:14 schrieb MadEagle:

When did you get it???

Saturn Cassini. I get all my Liches from there.

Also, after

2x Kraken
2x Quartakk
2x Ogris
3x Ayanga
2x Shildeg
4x Karak
2x Stubbas
1x Tonkor and
1x Chakkurr,

I managed to create a Lich with a 57% Electricity Kuva Hind.

Archived