Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Kuva Lich Changes 27.1.0 + 27.1.0.1

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, Seliloint7 said:

Maybe tone down a bit the new bow. Its extremely fun for the person using it but it has a few downsides. 

1)Raises latency

2)Helps trolls ruin your fun. Last hour only i had 3 ppl spam this on me. I dont think this is something DE tolerates.

3)Limits visibility a lot.

These are my personal opinions but i strongly believe everyone should have fun in a group

Btw thank you for the awesome kuva nukor

Only thing thats missing on that list of offenses is "I blow myself up a lot" but I'm sure Quite Shallow will be introducing that one here in a hot minute.  🤣

So, now that I've gotten through everything worthwhile on Railjack at this time, let's rendition the Liches.

It seems like you've silently increased the gains on the third and second murmur.  My most recent run took about 1/5th of the wheel per mission rather than 1/8 to 1/6.  That isn't too bad, though it is still a lot of grind for not a lot of benefit.

The 10% valence transfer boost is...acceptable.  Had a 37%, got a 57%, wound up with a 60%.  I'd imagine the people who get even lower values would be less than happy, but the goal here is clear.  If you get a low % boost weapon just ignore it and grind up another and don't fabricate.  As an example a 28%, 35% and 27% could produce either a 42.4% or a 38.5% depending upon your transfers.  This is a more reasonable way to incentivize the grind, and less transparently content stretch.

The guess and check system still sucks.  Having a 1 in 6 chance of guessing is still bad design.  Refer back to the Mordor series, and let's consider that you could find out about weaknesses by harassing other orcs, instead of the warframe action where weaknesses and strengths are available from minute one, encounters are random, and each Lich is less nemesis and more annoyance.

All of this would be great if the weapons were great.  I just can't say they are, and the mechanic of extra capacity for 5 forma is just frustrating.  Maybe instead of the broken and buggy railjack we could have gotten more focus on Liches.  As far as I'm concerned the Brakk was outclassed years ago.  The Kraken was a joke.  I'd like to see a Kuva Stug that makes something garbage tier good, rather than a garbage weapon marginallly acceptable.  This seems to be a repeat of the Opticor Vandal, where instead of minor tweaks you should review a substantial overhaul, but instead the entire system seems to just be an art change an minor buffs at the cost of Rivens...I don't get it.

I’ve discovered that when using Croma’s first ability (spectral scream), I am sometimes able to melee while it is active. However It does not happen all the time. I do indeed think this is a bug, but also think that it should not be patched. I believe that should instead be properly implemented Into the game as a feature. I think it would be a great addition to Croma giving that ability more viability in-game. Let me know if you think other wise.

10 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

So, now that I've gotten through everything worthwhile on Railjack at this time, let's rendition the Liches.

It seems like you've silently increased the gains on the third and second murmur.  My most recent run took about 1/5th of the wheel per mission rather than 1/8 to 1/6.  That isn't too bad, though it is still a lot of grind for not a lot of benefit.

Filling the last murmur circle did seem faster, now that you mention it. One possibility there is that more people I queued with were doing the missions with a focus on generating lots of thralls (e.g, when one appears, beeline for it and only when it's dead resume killing everybody else; letting liches generate thralls for a longer period, etc.) than my prior experience. So the circle filled faster per mission, even though it's the same number of thralls required. Missions took longer, of course, but on the whole, it felt a little faster. 

2 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Filling the last murmur circle did seem faster, now that you mention it. One possibility there is that more people I queued with were doing the missions with a focus on generating lots of thralls (e.g, when one appears, beeline for it and only when it's dead resume killing everybody else; letting liches generate thralls for a longer period, etc.) than my prior experience. So the circle filled faster per mission, even though it's the same number of thralls required. Missions took longer, of course, but on the whole, it felt a little faster. 

I cannot speak to the team dynamic.

What I can say is that solo it usually took me about 3 full planets of missions to complete a Lich run, where I focused on getting every single possible thrall spawn.  Time to completion was about 5-6 hours.  The last run was over in just under 2 planets of missions (Pluto+Uranus) and took about 4 hours in total.  I'm running off of only solo play here, because it always seems like a jerk move to bring in a group of random people then ask them to please slow down so you can gank a spawn (my friends having dropped this game years ago given the grind an rewards not matching the lack of content, back in the void key era).

I'm distinctly hoping that this isn't a bug, or somehow related to having boosters (drop chance and quantity).  Being honest, I would not be surprised given that drop quantity boosters actually influence the amount of anomaly shards (along with smeeta, I got 4 on one run).

On a positive note, I think the Railjack experience and guide can now be written in a paragraph.

1) If you want to spend platinum buy Particle Ram and spam earth missions until you can buy Mark III Sigma parts.  Grind until a Zetki Bulkhead drops, and consider the railjack now complete until Proxima.  At which point buy Void Hole and you're golden to grind out a good Lavan reactor and weapons.

2) If you don't want to buy Particle Ram prepare to grind.  It's your first avionic goal.  

The goal is to level up particle ram quickly, max out the avionic slot, and simply run into fighters.  Once you grind to level 5 intrinsics you get the forward artillery.  It kills crewships.  After you unlock both of those the rest is the long grind for good RNG drops and poor reward chances (quellor and pennant) or timed poor drop chances (shedu).  Welcome to the next great feature.  The necessary avionics are Bulkhead, Hull Weave, Void Hole, Particle Ram, and Forward Artillery.  Shields are still garbage, the other powers are to taste, and even with the best RNG drops I cannot populate every slot with avionics.  4 slots in my build are empty, to make room for those Zetki drains.

I mostly play Lich missions in pub groups -- it just seems like people are a lot more purposeful about generating thrall spawns lately (although there are still the "Rush the capture for a grand total of 3 murmurs" types out there). It may have just been luck with the groups. 

On 2020-02-04 at 1:58 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Railjack Host being able to use Navigation before the mission is complete and Clients inability to use Navigation at all when launched from the Dry Dock.

• For clarification, the correct functionality is Host and Client can use Railjack Navigation after mission complete and neither can use Navigation before mission complete.

This is... not smart. Only the Captain should be able to pick a new mission. This just opens the way for trolls, especially since there isn't a mission vote for some godforsaken reason. Also, the Engineering Intrinsics that add 25-50% to the amount of Flux/ Revolite etc that you make still doesn't function in the dojo. I should be able to make 150 flux at a time in the dojo too, but I can't. I'm not wasting an extra 12 minutes at the end of a mission just to take advantage of something that took hundreds of Intrinsic points to get, and knowing that I'm wasting resources in the dojo sucks too. They should work in mission and in the dojo too.

8 minutes ago, Andikki said:

Kuva Liches often spawn way behind in the mission, requiring something like half a kilometre trace-back. I hope it's a bug to be fixed, and not an intentional thing.

Someone here conjectured that the game connects the spawn location to the location you were at when the game algorithms "decide" that the lich will show up. So wherever you were when the engine decided for all the players that their liches were coming is where they'll spawn.

Seems like the kind of thing that they just need to fix to something like "spawn no farther than 100m from the player's CURRENT position."

В 04.02.2020 в 21:58, [DE]Megan сказал:

Railjack

nobody wants to run around the ship with omni and put out fires

where is the technology? where are the automatic systems?

let the forge produce drones, these drones will be engaged in repair

we are a space ninja, not space firefighters and electricians

Can we also see if the lich we'd be getting by killing a larvling will have the ephemera we're trying for?  Alternatively I'd really like to abandon an in process lich.  I currently have a lich that I have no desire to kill cause I accidentally killed the larvling by stealth killing it and didn't realize it was a larvling until after I already killed it.

I have become selective on what missions I run solo or with a friend vs the ones I can do with random groups.  Captures seem more often than not to be a waste of a mission when done with randoms.  It feels like at least one person runs for the green marker rather than waiting for murmurs to spawn.  I had someone do this to me when my Lich spawned 1000 meters away in a complex tileset.  I ran back to get it, he (having just vanquished his with my help so he didn't give a flying *&!%, nothing to gain from murmurs and clearly not caring about the tiny amount of kuva) sat at the exit and as I reached my Lich -having messaged him to please stay in mission- with my mods in their proper order, all set to vanquish it I was pulled from the mission by the auto complete.  Also had a string of 4 missions where we left after 3-4 murmurs, usually after someone vanquished their Lich so couldn't care less about anyone else.  I happened to be sitting there with all the mods identified yet again, I didn't even need the murmurs, I just wanted the opportunity for my Lich to spawn.  Either people are ignorant of the murmur mechanic or once their Lich is defeated and vanquished, they have no reason to stay in mission so head for the exit.   Defense seems to work best to me since you are held to the mission until all the waves complete so people can't ditch you, though killing the last enemy ends the mission even if a Lich is standing there.

hey DE... here is a bloody Grand idea.
when we are doing Lich missions and say we are doing a defence mission.. on earth.. against level 120s.. how about you SCALE THE DEFENCE BLOODY POINTS HP!

And Fix my god damn ferrox! i bug reported this and its steal healing ancient healers, can not be buffed and can not target nullifiers when they stand on top of it. 

Great...now when the Lich grabs you and uses the former spine-breaking-killing-move (which doesn't kill you anymore) yer character will be stuck. No unstuck, transference, dying and reviving will get you out. No buttons will react. No movement possible. The only way to get out is to abort the mission -.-' Did I mention I liked the deadly liches more? Maybe the game ain't smart enough to notice, that the move is no longer killing the targeted player? Anyway...fix would be grand!

Edit: It is not a consistent bug. It will happen, but not 100%

I find the new bow (Kuva Bramma) quite intriguing for a few reasons. Can these be please looked into, as they don't make any sense:

1) Ignis (a no self damage weapon) can utilize Cautious Shot mod, but not the bow in question.

2) It cannot use Guided Ordinance mod, which is absolute must for a bow of such low accuracy. (for closest comparison, Lenz with same amount of multishot is still pinpoint accurate up to 80m~, and yes. both share the same accuracy rating of 16.7 )

3) The ammo mutation part of Vigilante Supplies mod DOES NOT work on this bow, making Carrier a necessity. Have not tested other ammo mutation mods.

4) For unknown screw-all logic, IT CAN USE THUNDERBOLT mod, which doesn't make sense as arrows are already explosive (This mod cannot be put on Lenz but this bow, btw).

5) A low projectile flight speed absolutely necessitates the use of Terminal velocity mod, but the projectile flight speed is still slower compared to Lenz.

6) The explosion radius of the arrow is quite inconsistent, sometimes killing players at 9m range, and sometimes at 7m

My aim here is not to take piss out on the bow, but to bring to light the issues with this new bow which puts a lot of restrictions on the 9 mod slots given to use. It feels as if we need at least 10-12 mod slots to actually make it work well.

PS: I don't mind the self damage, i just want the bow to be consistent in the punch it delivers, rather than it being a loose cannon. I also don't mind the projectile drop, as it can be corrected for and improved with one mod, but the no. of issues here are just too much.

Please add the old ability stats that appears when a frame is at a curtain level that visually show what the stats are at the current level and configuration
What is the ETA on the global loot pickup system that was mentioned in a previous DEV Stream. It is frustrating to run everywhere 2 get loot because no one wants to be in one area for any given time, for this reason a lot of loot is lost to rest of the team. If I can a suggestion please Mack it a aura mod, if it is a normal mod it become a curtsy item which almost no one will use.  
Please remove credit cashes from level 30+ missions as a reward in AABC rotations please, or Please increase the credits obtain from the rewards and Make them rarer to be obtain per rotation.
Can we get a form of a queue function in the foundry, which lets us queue multiple items of the same type a time, it can have a resources multiplier for queueing them.
Can we get Salvage missions other than the infested mission also Please. 
Thank U for all the work U have put in to warframe, and thank U for all the quality of life updates so early in the year, I hope the game fares well for a long time to come, there are bugs here and there that will be fixed in time I hope.

Another idea when you get put into co-op pub squad (forgot to set friends only) when a kuva larvling is downed and if that player doesn't want the weapon, if you don't care what element is on it would it make sense to let everyone look at what weapon it is and possibly claim it.

It's easy enough to change back to the element you wanted anyway, it would progress the adding that weapon to the one you have and get players back to playing together, in the current form it promotes single play we need the co-op spirit of the game imo.

On 2020-02-04 at 7:02 PM, LSG501 said:

So it seems we're still forced to 'waste' 5 forma if we want full xp from kuva weapons, even if we think the weapon is junk and little more than mr fodder..... pretty sure that was one of the big issues with kuva *weapons* for a lot of people, but funny how that's still in, suppose you've got to sell those forma bundles somehow....

Yeah, DE. You folks really ought to at least address your official stance on this matter. I saw this concern get a lot of upvotes 2 streams ago and no reference to it at all. Doesn't give off an attitude of transparency, you know?

What do I do if I have a Kuva Lich I started before this change? Do I still have to finish it before I can actually... use this new method?

Which, in my case, means starting from scratch with a Kuva Lich I didn't want.

Edit: I can't bring myself to START grinding through this pre-existing Kuva Lich I have which I don't want.

I guess I'm blocked from being able to use the new feature. Most excellent. JK it's not a subscription game and I got most of the Kuva weapons I needed.

13 hours ago, theMangoose said:

What do I do if I have a Kuva Lich I started before this change? Do I still have to finish it before I can actually... use this new method?

Which, in my case, means starting from scratch with a Kuva Lich I didn't want.

Edit: I can't bring myself to START grinding through this pre-existing Kuva Lich I have which I don't want.

I guess I'm blocked from being able to use the new feature. Most excellent. JK it's not a subscription game and I got most of the Kuva weapons I needed.

Yes you do.
You're MR23 just kill it and move onto something else. Hell if you're in Australia hit me up and I'll help you kill it.

Archived