Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Kuva Lich Changes 27.1.0 + 27.1.0.1

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Railjack Host being able to use Navigation before the mission is complete and Clients inability to use Navigation at all when launched from the Dry Dock.

It could be argued this should be removed, at the bare minimum it should function like any other mission where it is put to a vote between the members of the squad. As it is now this has massive potential to interrupt all forms of farming, titanium, aesterite if I spelled that correctly, even just picking up avionics/blueprints, and refining materials before mission end.

DE,

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the back-breaking mechanic on failed Lich attempts, and am saddened that you removed it.  I think it added a great risk/reward aspect to the process of Lich hunting, and I think you heard too much criticism and not enough praise for what was a very well thought-out aspect.  Now it's just reward with no risk.  I would have agreed with removing it if attempting to kill the Lich (and therefore dying on a failure) was unavoidable, but it wasn't, so I don't think players' complaints about it were justified.  Anyway, not really a complaint, just thought you should hear that someone thought you did it right the first time.

Just now, Diedact said:

It could be argued this should be removed, at the bare minimum it should function like any other mission where it is put to a vote between the members of the squad. As it is now this has massive potential to interrupt all forms of farming, titanium, aesterite if I spelled that correctly, even just picking up avionics/blueprints, and refining materials before mission end.

The solution I'd find best is this:

1. Only the host has nav control (and if there's a host migration, then as you'd expect the new host gets nav control)

2. Add a "leave squad" option in the squad list, just like they already know how

Stop playing games with who has nav control and when, just build a graceful departure option when the mission is over.

Personally a little disappointed about some of the Lich changes as I feel they step outside of the lore and immersion of the game as a whole (somehow knowing what weapon your larva-ling will have even before they've actually become a Kuva Lich).  

Not to mention what I assume is the complete removal of animations for when the Lich performed it's finishers?  I feel quite bad for the animation team in that respect.

That aside however, it is great to see that player feedback is still being listened too, and overall I have to admit that the changes and fixes in this hotfix show tremendously good work from everyone on the team.
<3

Oh boy, I was looking forward to this all week! I see nothing but good changes here; I can't wait to come home and play some more.

Not to be impatient, but do we have any work done on the Railjack Command Tree? I want to bring my fear-of-space-travel lich into my railjack.

51 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Increased Converted Kuva Lich minimum time to 2 minutes.

I wonder why not let the Kuva Lich be there for the rest of the mission? What is the reason for not doing that?

Prex card!

Could that invisible placement box of a Prex card be placed in such a way that the card is easier to be placed on the wall etc? Cos now it tends to always cut into the wall like a throwing card from X-men Gambit.

Fixed losing custom Railjack Skin/Colors if a Host migration occurred

Does this also fixed losing my Railjack'a name every time I returned as a Client?

Lastly... is Command Intrinsics being swept under the rag quietly?

Many thanks dear DE for the changes with Kuva Liches!

Ivara’s new skin is very beautiful (I certainly won’t buy it, there is a great skin in tennogen, and soon another one will probably appear - and this one looks like a hunter - the same as Grendel’s crankshaft - like a club.)
Regarding the new mods - for Baruk - we need to try, on Hildrin - 90% useless - occupying a slot with him instead of the "normal" mod is nonsense. But on Garuda, 100% BShT - I can’t even imagine - who will put this in their build (and yes - everything would be fine - if he acted on all allies - and not just on the owner).

Thanks again. Perhaps after 5-7 patches, Kuva Liches will become really interesting content, and by the end of 2020 we will not be able to farm the same location in anticipation of the necessary loot, but will happily spend a lot of time in Railjack mode.

15 minutes ago, Kaggelos said:

So I tried to use Valence Fusion. Either I did something wrong, or the system wasnt clear enough. My original kuva weapon, that had 4 formas and a catalyst, got wasted during the process, but got the desired elemental percentage. Is that intentional? Thnx for the update though ^^

Did you START with the Kuva weapon that had the Forma investment when Valence Fusing?

It matters which order you Valence Fuse them in. The weapon that you START from, the one where you click "Actions", is the one that will be kept with its investments.

1 hour ago, HLixir said:

--Also Mantle of the Lotus when? Could have public and separate version of it.

In the past, back when it was given to the Guides of the Lotus.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed positional audio not working for stereo/headphone outputs (i.e. a sound playing on the left side of your view would be heard equally in both headphones).

And here I was, thinking my headset broke. No longer trusting physical senses prior to further testing.

But! Since I'm already here and writing in this particular thread, there's been a certain itch getting under the fine tissue of my nerves. A personal itch, if you will, but nevertheless demanding of some scratching. Have the lighting changes actually been passed through the entire QA collective or is it just going through the precious few that are working on them?
Even if we disregard the fact that some of us are forming observational facts through the filter of increased focal sensitivity, there are some choices in Warframe that push gameplay efficiency far to the back seat whilst allowing dubious aesthetics to drive.

5 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Did you START with the Kuva weapon that had the Forma investment when Valence Fusing?

It matters which order you Valence Fuse them in. The weapon that you START from, the one where you click "Actions", is the one that will be kept with its investments.

Oooooh, ok, didn't know that. And I already sent a support ticket, hope I didn't cause any problems with that (however eloquent and polite my letter was). I wish I could undo the process (Valence) now XD
Also thanks Megan for the quick response, and thanks for the update and hard work ^^

Archived