Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reactive Storm Feedback

TKDancer

-1st and foremost, slapping the status chance on the augment is TERRIBLE design, just buff the base status chance on desert wind/serene storm, its something it simply needs

-2nd, the augment seems to not work properly at all for the waves caused by desert wind, got my desert wind to 100% status chance(modding it for Gas dmg exclusively), used the waves vs. a corrupted bombard, hit many times with just the waves from the 1st attack from neutral combo and almost exclusively saw Gas status procs with the rare corrosive and radiation(?) statuses which made me question the "reactive" nature of this augment.... also despite the UI telling me i have 100% status chance not all waves applied statuses, which leads me to think the waves simply dont get the full status stat, which is ridiculous since most of the dmg from desert wind comes from these waves

from what i can tell, instead of working like how Revenant's Danse Macabre's reactive dmg, where it deals ALL its dmg as either corrosive dmg with corrosive procs vs armor, magnetic dmg with magnetic status vs shields and gas dmg with gas status vs flesh, Reactive armor simply changes the IMPACT dmg of desert wind to be whatever the target is weakest too(this is an assumption of course, but since i saw radiation procs vs bombards despite not modding for it, that seems to be the case) which is not very good design, what one would want out of Reactive Storm is reliable armor stripping via guaranteed corrosive procs on EVERY physical AND wave hit against armor

-3rd, desert wind still has the issue of exaggerated ragdolls sending enemies flying which is a giant nuisance, i want to kill enemies, not send them flying

Edited by TKDancer

8 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

1st and foremost, slapping the status chance on the augment is TERRIBLE design, just buff the base status chance on desert wind/serene storm, its something it simply needs

it was always getting a augment just like exalted blade became OP with chromatic blade.

9 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

3rd desert wind still has the issue of exaggerated ragdolls sending enemies flying which is a giant nuisance, i want to kill enemies, not send them flying

its a form of CC even his design has a passive monk and you can always slide attack with serene storm to lift enemies instead of ragdolling and does insane damage

Just now, (NSW)Katsuro said:

its a form of CC even his design has a passive monk and you can always slide attack with serene storm to lift enemies instead of ragdolling and does insane damage

he can ignore dmg when not attacking via his 1, make enemies sleep via his 2 and disarm them via his 3, he has enough CC and survivability from the rest of the kit, the ragdolling is not needed and is a nuisance

it was always getting a augment just like exalted blade became OP with chromatic blade.

exalted blade hits a lot faster and doesnt send enemies flying allowing for reliable multi hits, something desert wind doesnt share, even tho they have the same base status chance of 10%, even without its augment exalted blade can apply a lot statuses within the same amount of time

Edited by TKDancer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

exalted blade hits a lot faster and doesnt send enemies flying allowing for reliable multi hits, something desert wind doesnt share, even tho they have the same base status chance of 10%, even without its augment exalted blade can apply a lot statuses within the same amount of time

exalted blade also has a smaller aoe and more fall off damage & range than serene storm.

speed is not a problem when you have primed fury and berserker

exalted blade also has a smaller aoe and more fall off damage & range than serene storm.

speed is not a problem when you have primed fury and berserker

speed is a problem cause fitting both means a huge loss in dmg, also again due to enemies being sent flying they arent going to be reliably hit by follow up waves, wheres exalted blade just keeps hitting enemies as they dont get sent flying and in fact get rooted into place while blinded by radial blind/howl, lull does not prevent enemies from being sent flying at 60mph

also, exalted blade can also fit those speed mods, you do know that, right? go take both for a spin and compare the armor stripping power for a chromatic blade with corrosion and heat vs a reactive storm with 100% status vs high level heavy grineer

6 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

also, exalted blade can also fit those speed mods, you do know that, right? go take both for a spin and compare the armor stripping power for a chromatic blade with corrosion and heat vs a reactive storm with 100% status vs high level heavy grineer

then play excal if you care so much about speed over aoe orange crit dmage

orange crit dmage

crit dmg doesnt mean squat vs enemies with 90+% DR

the point of this augment was clearly trying to address the issue Desert Wind has with stripping armor due to terrible status chance and attack speed

the augment failed as it doesnt work properly with the waves and the reactive portion doesnt work as one would expect

if u dont know what u're talking about and have nothing to contribute, feel free to not speak

Edited by TKDancer
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

he can ignore dmg when not attacking via his 1, make enemies sleep via his 2 and disarm them via his 3, he has enough CC and survivability from the rest of the kit, the ragdolling is not needed and is a nuisance

use the block combo to pull enemies in a loop since you dont know about the stance

3 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

rit dmg doesnt mean squat vs enemies with 90+% DR

the point of this augment was clearly trying to address the issue Desert Wind has with stripping armor due to terrible status chance and attack speed

exo gokstad units in railjack are immune to armor strip

use the block combo to pull enemies in a loop since you dont know about the stance

its very clear u dont know what u're talking about

the "suck" combo is still incredibly unreliable, commonly sucks enemies behind u and 1 physical hit can send enemies flying wait out of range of the combo's sucking range

its also a very annoying combo to perform, as are most back block combos

Edited by TKDancer

I don’t even notice a change in status procs. Pretty sure it’s not adapting the damage type because I’m only getting corrosive and Impact procs even when using SS on Corpus and infested.

This is infuriating. We finally get something that could make Serene Storm great and they screw it up.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

Serene Storm was described as a DAMAGE ABILITY in every devstream leading up to Baruuks release. Saying it’s supposed to be a CC ability is an outright lie.

I have waited over a year to finally see Serene Storm either be buffed or receive an augment to actually make it a good exalted weapon.

And today we got Reactive Storm. An augment that I desperately wanted the second I saw it. But now that I have it.

This augment is the biggest possible ripoff!

While it does increase the base Status Chance by 35% that’s literally the only thing this augment actually does consistently.

Because in order to actually get the damage adaptation to work you have to hit the enemy directly with the fist and not the energy waves.

WHY IS THIS A THING!?

Why would you deliberately gimp Baruuk like that? Yeah sure it applies the adaptation to the waves upon the physical hit, but why do we need to fulfill a specific, unspecified restriction to get the augment to do what it says it does?

Excalibur with Chromatic Blade doesn’t have this restriction. He doesn’t have to go up and directly hit the enemy for the energy projectiles to convert to exclusively elemental damage.

There is absolutely ZERO justification for this absurd restriction. Stop neglecting Baruuk and actually make his 4 worth the time we wait to get to use it.

7 hours ago, TKDancer said:

-3rd, desert wind still has the issue of exaggerated ragdolls sending enemies flying which is a giant nuisance, i want to kill enemies, not send them flying

I agree it can be annoying at times, but the waves from serene storm disarm the enemy. 

They will run back, or die from follow up attacks. 

Ok, so Ive been doing a bunch if testing and Im loving the new augment. 

As many have guessed, it does augment the impact damage you deal to change to whatever the enemy you physically punch is weak too. This transfers over to status procs as well, so if you physically hit a heavy gunner, all impact damage becomes corrosive, and you can therefore proc corrosive. 

The damage type also seems to focus on the actual hp type and not just the enemy. Punching a corpus tech When he had shields led me to do magnetic damage, but when he no longer had shields I was able to deal toxin damage instead. 

The best part is that the damage type you react to stays with you until you A) change types by hitting another enemy, or B) ending serene storm. 

I cannot begin to tell you how fun it was to be in a 1 hour infested arby and swapping from AoE orange crit slash procs to gas procs and watching the DoTs melting enemies. Due to having 100% status easy, you can really put the hirt on enemies with CO too. 

so far Ive been Toying around with a viral build with a bunch of impact so that I can proc corrosive-viral, Viral-slash, or Viral-gas and its been working very well. im still planning to try a toxin build and a heat build too, but overall Im quite happy. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Unless something changed, the waves dont disarm, hitting them with the actual fists do

Hrm it should. It is even mentioned in the tips section under the ability. 

Who knows though, probably something else that is broken. 

Thanks for testing the augment. 

What's your Serene Storm build look like? 

Edited by (XB1)Togashi
Spelling
  • Like 1