Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TKDancer

Reactive Storm Feedback

14 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

So can serene storm

It’s damage starts falling off at level 80. Why would I bring Baruuk into an arbitration or ESO if I know my exalted melee is never going to be strong enough to efficiently kill higher leveled enemies?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s damage starts falling off at level 80. Why would I bring Baruuk into an arbitration or ESO if I know my exalted melee is never going to be strong enough to efficiently kill higher leveled enemies?

Why would I bring my exalted blade when my “(insert basic weapon) can kill more efficiently.” 

also, you’re modding wrong if you cant kill past level 80

5 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Why would I bring my exalted blade when my “(insert basic weapon) can kill more efficiently.” 

also, you’re modding wrong if you cant kill past level 80

I can kill past level 80, but the TTK drops significantly, and just gets exponentially worse.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I can kill past level 80, but the TTK drops significantly, and just gets exponentially worse.

Probably because of armor right? Sounds like you need corrosive damage then. Guess what, do what I've been saying and find a heavy gunner! The only factions without HevyGuns are also the ones that dont have bs armor scaling! Its amazing, almost like the augment mod has everything you need included in it. 

Just now, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Probably because of armor right? Sounds like you need corrosive damage then. Guess what, do what I've been saying and find a heavy gunner! The only factions without HevyGuns are also the ones that dont have bs armor scaling! Its amazing, almost like the augment mod has everything you need included in it. 

I already have corrosive Damage modded on. The problem is impacts existence On Serene Storm is still actively reducing my damage against high level armor. So have a Damage adaptation take that away is extremely useful. But not when it’s restricted to only when you hit one enemy!

19 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I already have corrosive Damage modded on. The problem is impacts existence On Serene Storm is still actively reducing my damage against high level armor. So have a Damage adaptation take that away is extremely useful. But not when it’s restricted to only when you hit one enemy!

So now you’re being lazy? Ah yes, wonderful way to make a mod seem useless. “IM TOO LAZY TO HIT A ENEMY” and yet you complain it doesnt work. Believe it or not, it does work. Dont blame me for your failure. Ive had no issues with impact damage. I activate SS, hit a dude and boom no more impact. Its amazing. You should try it

On 2020-02-05 at 11:08 PM, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

So now you’re being lazy? Ah yes, wonderful way to make a mod seem useless. “IM TOO LAZY TO HIT A ENEMY” and yet you complain it doesnt work. Believe it or not, it does work. Dont blame me for your failure. Ive had no issues with impact damage. I activate SS, hit a dude and boom no more impact. Its amazing. You should try it

The fact that the augment requires you to directly hit an enemy for the damage adaptation to work is BS. There is absolutely zero justification for it an it actively holds Baruuk back. The damage adaptation should be active on the waves at all times.

On 2020-02-05 at 11:44 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The fact that the augment requires you to directly hit an enemy for the damage adaptation to work is BS. There is absolutely zero justification for it an it actively holds Baruuk back. The damage adaptation should be active on the waves at all times.

There is justification, and it is so that you can choose the damage AND status procs you get! What if I dont want to deal rad damage to bombards, I instead can get corrosive/gas/slash/magnetic for FREE without having to build for it. 

Your “fix” would remove this ability to get free status applications. Sure, you always deal bonus damage, but you can no longer guarantee the multitudes of status effects. We both know that if DE changes the waves to just deal damage based on enemy weakness they'd remove the status synergy, and thats what makes reactive storm so busted, is the status synergy currently available. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

There is justification, and it is so that you can choose the damage AND status procs you get! What if I dont want to deal rad damage to bombards, I instead can get corrosive/gas/slash/magnetic for FREE without having to build for it. 

Your “fix” would remove this ability to get free status applications. Sure, you always deal bonus damage, but you can no longer guarantee the multitudes of status effects. We both know that if DE changes the waves to just deal damage based on enemy weakness they'd remove the status synergy, and thats what makes reactive storm so busted, is the status synergy currently available. 

Why do we have to chose? Why can’t the waves just automatically damage to the enemies like Danse Macabre does?

How does my idea ruin the mod? You hit a grineer, Corpus and infested with a single wave. It’ll deal corrosive to the grineer, magnetic to the Corpus, and has to the infested. 

Do you Remember that Serene Storm is restricted by a separate meter that needs to be built up? Do you remember that that actively limits how long you can use it? Maybe an ability like that should actually be dealing out significant damage. Maybe it deserves to be a little busted. Instead of forcing the player to jump through even more hoops for it to actually start dealing damage.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Why do we have to chose? Why can’t the waves just automatically damage to the enemies like Danse Macabre does?

because Danse is limited to 3 damage types, while currently reactive storm can have all but puncture, heat and cold. 

How does my idea ruin the mod? You hit a grineer, Corpus and infested with a single wave. It’ll deal corrosive to the grineer, magnetic to the Corpus, and has to the infested. 

as stated earlier, you lose out on possible damage types, and the ability to choose what status effects proc. Changing reactive storm to work like Danse would mean it would not be possible to gain slash procs with SS, whereas currently it is. 

Do you Remember that Serene Storm is restricted by a separate meter that needs to be built up? Do you remember that that actively limits how long you can use it? Maybe an ability like that should actually be dealing out significant damage.

Except he can do significant damage with this mod, and to say otherwise is ignoring facts. 

Maybe it deserves to be a little busted. Instead of forcing the player to jump through even more hoops for it to actually start dealing damage.

As it is, the mod is busted. However you are unwilling to try it in its state and therefore complain. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

because Danse is limited to 3 damage types, while currently reactive storm can have all but puncture, heat and cold. 

as stated earlier, you lose out on possible damage types, and the ability to choose what status effects proc. Changing reactive storm to work like Danse would mean it would not be possible to gain slash procs with SS, whereas currently it is. 

Except he can do significant damage with this mod, and to say otherwise is ignoring facts. 

As it is, the mod is busted. However you are unwilling to try it in its state and therefore complain. 

Damage output doesn’t matter if it’s severely restricted. Like Wisps Sol Gate. High damage, but appallingly low fire rate and narrow damage area.

Theres no benefit to having the adaptive damage if the means to activate it is completely counter to how you normally use the weapon.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Damage output doesn’t matter if it’s severely restricted. Like Wisps Sol Gate. High damage, but appallingly low fire rate and narrow damage area.

Theres no benefit to having the adaptive damage if the means to activate it is completely counter to how you normally use the weapon.

The biggest issue you have however is a non-issue. You act like its physically impossible to get an enemy in melee range of baruuk, and thats not the case. You have the block/still combo, whoch pulls enemies towards you, the block/airslam combo which does the same thing, and air slams also cause the damage type to react so you get extra range from that attack alone. Are you always punching enemies with bare fists? Obviously not, but to make it seem like its impossible to get that close, especially in a game like warframe, is silly. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

The biggest issue you have however is a non-issue. You act like its physically impossible to get an enemy in melee range of baruuk, and thats not the case. You have the block/still combo, whoch pulls enemies towards you, the block/airslam combo which does the same thing, and air slams also cause the damage type to react so you get extra range from that attack alone. Are you always punching enemies with bare fists? Obviously not, but to make it seem like its impossible to get that close, especially in a game like warframe, is silly. 

It’s inefficient for Baruuk to hit an enemy for the damage adaptation, then run up to the next enemy because SS Ragdolls and pushes enemies away. The pull combo is useless because it pulls enemies past you. Basically, you’re wasting a lot of time setting up for the adapting damage that could’ve been used to just kill the enemy.

I find the way it works currently janky as all hell. 

Warframe is to chaotic at times to single out one target, and then actually make sure you hit said target with your actual fist. 

I am mainly speaking about arbitrations and pushing high end survivals. 

And for the record, are we positive that it is working correctly? I Keep reading and seeing in game that it is still bugged. 

No idea if it does work propertly, but im able to "melt" 165CHGs with this aug, modded for corrosive +Sac. steel at 0 combo which was impossible to do before (well ok it takes like 3 seconds to kill them but still amazing compared to what we had before). Took me like hour in simulacrum to find out the "best build". I was very skeptical at first but turned out its actually decent aug (still need some tweaking for sure) and worth slotting.

TBH why not just buff his desolate hands status by 35% and be done with it instead of this mumbo-jumbo with aug...

9 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

There is justification, and it is so that you can choose the damage AND status procs you get!

Sorry but this sounds like a very bad defence. Not a real justification.

With the way Serene Storm works, this sort of carefully choosing enemies to go up and hit is just not very good. The waves have always been the main issue with Serene Storm/Desert Wind because they push enemies away and are unaffected by a lot of the mods that would make them useful. This augment being one of them.

On 2020-02-06 at 2:22 AM, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I managed to get it proc heat, and cold.

Best build i have found imo is viral....... you personally go for viral and let the augment do the work and far as the status procs go... I use lull to sleep the person with the damage type I want, do a finisher on em, and then I go on bout my killing. So far in endgame runs I ain’t found an issue yet. Will try another run tomorrow tho 

6 hours ago, (PS4)kingbrown2012 said:

I managed to get it proc heat, and cold.

Oh how? I couldnt find enemies weak to heat or cold in the codex

2 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Oh how? I couldnt find enemies weak to heat or cold in the codex

Eximus units ....... and sometimes infestation 

Good news! It was mentioned on the Prime Time stream that they're considering changing this to adapt on the waves. I certainly hope they follow through with this, so this augment can be used properly. Let's keep up the feedback to make sure it's not forgotten!

So i was playing around with Baruuk yesterday in kuva lich missions (50-105 lvl) and man it felt good, ok they are still "low level" but the added status chance helped ALOT with his ability to deal with armor, you can also get him proc Viral/Corrosive on same target which is amazeballs.

Still i would scrap this augment completely and just directly buff the status chance on his Serene storm by 35% and be done with it. Anyway even if the aug stays as it is, its still worth slotting just because the added status chance. And i kinda couldnt care less about adapting its dmg im gonna run corrosive on Serene anyway to deal with armor and gas for corpus.

I hope DE will fix it tho and make it really good augment, fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, SteveCutler said:

Good news! It was mentioned on the Prime Time stream that they're considering changing this to adapt on the waves. I certainly hope they follow through with this, so this augment can be used properly. Let's keep up the feedback to make sure it's not forgotten!

I hope it doesnt change. Its fine as is and to change it will ruin many current synergies that people have found 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I hope it doesnt change. Its fine as is and to change it will ruin many current synergies that people have found 

What synergies?