Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TKDancer

Reactive Storm Feedback

2 minutes ago, Benour said:

What synergies?

I just discovered that since you can pull slash damage off some units you can use the mod Relentless Combination to actually build combo multiplier on SS, which increases the damage to an insane amount. 

There is also the possibility of triple combined status types like Rad/Corrosive/viral which allows you to melt any enemy at almost any level. nd these are just 2 so far!

^  Hmhm, interesting.   Still it looks like bugs to me (well not like im complaining, there are few bugs that became features 😎).

4 hours ago, Benour said:

^  Hmhm, interesting.   Still it looks like bugs to me (well not like im complaining, there are few bugs that became features 😎).

It is bugged.

Megan said there will be a fix coming soon.

14 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I hope it doesnt change. Its fine as is and to change it will ruin many current synergies that people have found 

shut up

it is not fine, and what synergies?

14 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I just discovered that since you can pull slash damage off some units you can use the mod Relentless Combination to actually build combo multiplier on SS, which increases the damage to an insane amount. 

thats 100% a bug and i'd rather just be able to strip armor cause desert storm's damage is already great on paper, what it needs is a way to quickly strip armor

10 hours ago, (XB1)Togashi said:

It is bugged.

Megan said there will be a fix coming soon.

Soon to PC. You might as well say that this is intended functionality for your platform. 

Megan posted here on Tuesday that there would be a hotfix fixing an issue of the status chance resetting after a direct punch. We already got that change in the 27.1.0.1 patch a few days ago. As far as I know, nothing else has been promised.

15 hours ago, SteveCutler said:

Megan posted here on Tuesday that there would be a hotfix fixing an issue of the status chance resetting after a direct punch. We already got that change in the 27.1.0.1 patch a few days ago. As far as I know, nothing else has been promised.

-_- that was referring to the bug that was resetting Serene Storms status chance upon a direct strike.

15 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

-_- that was referring to the bug that was resetting Serene Storms status chance upon a direct strike.

You are correct. 

I wasn't sure if us console players got the hotfix, but according to Megan, during prime time she mentioned all platforms are up to date. 

As far as how the mod works, according to Rebecca it is working as intended. Which is...... Disappointing. 

21 hours ago, (XB1)Togashi said:

Which is...... Disappointing. 

extremely

still think removing the ragdoll, at worst adding a KNOCKDOWN(not a ragdoll, a knockdown a-la blast procs) on the final hit of combos would greatly improve it, specially in more open areas, as it'd mean less enemies being flung out of range

Ok, so the rage has subsided a little and I went back to test the augment, and it’s not as bad as we initially concluded, but it’s still worse than it should be.

Directly hitting an enemy permanently changed the impact damage of Serene Storm into the weakness of that enemy. And it stays that damage type until you either directly hit another enemy or uncast the ability.

This is still BS. 
1. Baruuk already has to spend time wearing down his restraint meter to even use SS, he doesn’t need another hoop to jump through just for it to start dealing damage.

2. Serene Storm is specifically designed so you are not constantly using it, so giving its augment an effect that reset on recast is extremely unhelpful.

3. Nowhere in the augments description does it say you need to directly hit an enemy in order for its damage adaptation to take effect. The fact that we had to figure this out ourselves is BS.

The waves should be adapting to each individual enemy they hit, and not require specific parameters to be met in order to use the augment.

Also it seems to bug out if you already have another elemental modded onto Serene Storm and not proc the adapted damage.

17 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok, so the rage has subsided a little and I went back to test the augment, and it’s not as bad as we initially concluded, but it’s still worse than it should be.

Directly hitting an enemy permanently changed the impact damage of Serene Storm into the weakness of that enemy. And it stays that damage type until you either directly hit another enemy or uncast the ability.

This is still BS. 
1. Baruuk already has to spend time wearing down his restraint meter to even use SS, he doesn’t need another hoop to jump through just for it to start dealing damage.

2. Serene Storm is specifically designed so you are not constantly using it, so giving its augment an effect that reset on recast is extremely unhelpful.

3. Nowhere in the augments description does it say you need to directly hit an enemy in order for its damage adaptation to take effect. The fact that we had to figure this out ourselves is BS.

The waves should be adapting to each individual enemy they hit, and not require specific parameters to be met in order to use the augment.

Also it seems to bug out if you already have another elemental modded onto Serene Storm and not proc the adapted damage.

4. Nowhere in the augment's description does it say ONLY the impact dmg, the smallest portion of dmg, is changed

37 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

4. Nowhere in the augment's description does it say ONLY the impact dmg, the smallest portion of dmg, is changed

Eh, that part doesn't bug me. Because having a consistent elemental damage is nice and I never expected the augment to also effect the modded in damage types.

On 2020-02-08 at 8:10 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

This is still BS. 

Speaking on the directly hitting thing make sure it’s a different armor thing ....... but sometimes it do get buggy if you aren’t the host 

6 hours ago, (PS4)kingbrown2012 said:

Speaking on the directly hitting thing make sure it’s a different armor thing

Can you expand on what you mean by “armor thing”.

Some armor might be radiation

shields make it magnetic 

health make toxin or slash 

I even got a few cold or heat procs going for a while so that may play a part 

yes, Reactive Storm converts just the Base Damage, not your Modded Elemental Damage.

but that's exactly what you'd want. you get Elemental combinations that otherwise would be impossible to exist, to choose certain Elemental Types to always have for consistency while getting that Damage optimizing conversion + whatever Status Effects come along with it.....

that's great as it is. the results are far more interesting and have a much wider application to be useful as it works currently. 

Bump. This augment still needs work:

1. The status chance bug still exists. 100% status chance does not give 100% status chance.
  2. The damage adaptation should occur on the waves rather than just direct hits.

Bump. The above issues still exist, and sadly this was not addressed at all on the recent dev stream about quality of life improvements.

Could we please get some news about this instead of radio silence?

On 2020-03-02 at 9:56 AM, SteveCutler said:

Bump. The above issues still exist, and sadly this was not addressed at all on the recent dev stream about quality of life improvements.

Could we please get some news about this instead of radio silence?

seems the best we can hope for is that the scaling/status changes help the ol' monk out 😕  tho that wont help with the uptime issues(compared to other exalted weapons)

Well, we finally got an update. Supposedly Reactive Storm now adapts on the air waves.

From my testing so far though, it still seems really buggy and weird. It still doesn't proc status effects 100% of the time despite a 100% status rate, and seems closer to 20%. It also seems very strange as to what status effects actually proc. It seems like the status effects are almost entirely just what I have modded, with the adapted proc barely ever actually happening. It seems extremely rare to see a radiation proc on an alloy armor enemy, a magnetic proc on a shielded enemy, etc. I don't understand what's going on with this augment.

16 hours ago, SteveCutler said:

From my testing so far though, it still seems really buggy and weird. 

yeah i'd also like to receive a proper explanation on how the adaptation works, like for example, an explanation for why i'm seeing radiation procs on corrupted lancers that have ferrite armor

ALSO

still got the annoying as all hell ragdolling, interestingly they decided against adding ragdolling to stacked impact procs, prolly cause they realized in testing how annoying ragdolls are for consistent hits

so, can baruuk pls lose the annoying ragdolling on hits? since it deals pure impact at base it doesnt need the built-in ragdolling

After the latest hotfix I'm now getting the correct 100% status chance, so that's great.

I also think I understand how Reactive Storm works now. The adaptation happens after the damage is dealt, and not before. Below is an example scenario, step-by-step:

1. You hit a Bombard (weak to Radiation). It does Impact damage.
  2. You hit the Bombard again. It properly does Radiation damage.
  3. You hit a Heavy Gunner (weak to Corrosive). It does Radiation damage.
  4. You hit a Bombard (weak to Radiation). It does Corrosive damage.
  5. You hit a Corpus Tech (weak to Magnetic). It does Radiation damage.
  6. You hit a Charger (weak to Gas). It does Magnetic damage.
  7. You hit the Charger again. It properly does Gas damage.

This is quite a strange behavior and makes the augment less effective than it otherwise would be. You're only guaranteed to be using the correct damage type on the second consecutive hit, not the first.

I do not know if this is a new change, since I more or less didn't play (much?) after this augment came out, but last night I got the itch, pulled Baruuk out of storage to see his far over 100% status effects and see how things worked.  At first, great, no problems, did some lich hunting, noticed my lich seemed a little more beefy but shugged and put it down to not having played recently.

Then I got to my second lich, which was resistant to the damage type reactive storm was defaulting to.  This was insane- if I could still do the damage I'd modded my serene storm for it would have been fine, but doing anything it's resistant/immune to makes it like trying to tickle a brick wall, and since I can't control what it adapts to, that means on any lich mission in the future if it's immune/resistant I'd have to take out the 'adaptive' mod to actually be able to do damage.  That's pretty awkward and painful.    It was an extremely marked difference between the level 5 lich with the same powerset I'd done immedately before, so it wasn't just a situation where I was misremembering, it was a case of barely damaging  and eventually giving up and pulling out my gun (which shredded it trivially).

I'm not sure if this is desired behavior but actively discouraging me from using the augment on baruuk because I give up control of the damage type it will pick is very unintuitive  gameplay, and I hope it's unintended.

On 2020-03-07 at 7:57 PM, Ogundiety said:

Then I got to my second lich, which was resistant to the damage type reactive storm was defaulting to.  This was insane- if I could still do the damage I'd modded my serene storm for it would have been fine, but doing anything it's resistant/immune to makes it like trying to tickle a brick wall, and since I can't control what it adapts to, that means on any lich mission in the future if it's immune/resistant I'd have to take out the 'adaptive' mod to actually be able to do damage.  That's pretty awkward and painful.    It was an extremely marked difference between the level 5 lich with the same powerset I'd done immedately before

100% sounds like a glitch/oversight and you should report it, seems reactive storm doesnt take into consideration the resistance/immunity from the lich special passive at all