Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killing a larvling with abilities prevents the weapon UI from showing [Fixed]

Foo_Prime

OP here.

Went to Cassini again a couple of times with Mirage (for Rad weapon) but no luck. Still Larvlings have no weapon pics over their head.

PS. I had multiple Larvlings spawning in a mission after I left the first one alone. I don't know if this is intended.

Edit 1:

I tryed Loki (Rad) and this time Larvling had weapon pic over head. So it seems to be a Mirage issue.

Gonna try Wukong next and let Twin kill the Larvling cause I have a feeling of what might be going wrong here.

Edit 2:

As I expected, when Wukong's Twin kills the Larvling there is no pic over head ( https://imgur.com/5eYIIxa ).

When Wukong himself kills it then you get a pic.

(Edited post's title for Mirage and Wukong)

/Foo

Edited by Foo_Prime

Happened to me just now too, larving has no weapon icon (not in operator mode).

I killed it with nukor the same way I killed the previous lich which did show an icon and I'm using saryn, maybe my spores killed it this time and had that issue, I dunno...

EDIT: 2nd time with no icon, hit it with nukor, used spores then miasma, so I'm not sure exactly what killed it xD but it's probably ability kills that get no weapon icon.

If there was a way for me to get rid of the lich fast I would've checked to see what weapon it would've given me, but not wasting hours for this xD

Edited by HunterDigi

2 hours ago, HunterDigi said:

I'm using saryn, maybe my spores killed it this time and had that issue, I dunno...

I suspect that the bug occurs when the larvling is killed by certain powers instead of a weapon. This is definitely the case with Wukong and Mirage (and possibly Saryn).

I can't test other frame powers now because I have an active Lich but I'm gonna do that when I'm done with it.

/Foo

50 minutes ago, x_xGamerx_x said:

But do you get a weapon even IF theres no image of a weapon? @Foo_Prime

I didn't spawn a Lich without knowing the weapon first cause I have all previous weapons and didn't want to risk not getting a new one.

But you don't have to either. Just make sure not to kill the Larvling with an ability before they fix the bug.

I got all 3 new weapons using Mirage (for Rad) but I waited for mirrors to turn off before I killed the Larvling.

/Foo

On 2020-02-05 at 4:20 AM, Foo_Prime said:

OP here.

Went to Cassini again a couple of times with Mirage (for Rad weapon) but no luck. Still Larvlings have no weapon pics over their head.

PS. I had multiple Larvlings spawning in a mission after I left the first one alone. I don't know if this is intended.

Edit 1:

I tryed Loki (Rad) and this time Larvling had weapon pic over head. So it seems to be a Mirage issue.

Gonna try Wukong next and let Twin kill the Larvling cause I have a feeling of what might be going wrong here.

Edit 2:

As I expected, when Wukong's Twin kills the Larvling there is no pic over head ( https://imgur.com/5eYIIxa ).

When Wukong himself kills it then you get a pic.

(Edited post's title for Mirage and Wukong)

/Foo

I use Mirage prime exclusively when going after Lich larve, and the bug so far seems to pop up around 1 in 5 times (7 out of around 30 kills)... I also tend to use the Acceltra... the ratio has me thinking it's got nothing to do with the warframe and thus suspecting it has more to do with whether the larveling has a Ephemera or not... No way for me to know without actually taking the larvling (which I don't want to do as I hate the whole Mumor farming)

4 minutes ago, Skye_Archer said:

I use Mirage prime exclusively when going after Lich larve, and the bug so far seems to pop up around 1 in 5 times (7 out of around 30 kills)... I also tend to use the Acceltra... the ratio has me thinking it's got nothing to do with the warframe and thus suspecting it has more to do with whether the larveling has a Ephemera or not... No way for me to know without actually taking the larvling (which I don't want to do as I hate the whole Mumor farming)

You have that bug ratio with Mirage because it depends if your gun or mirrors gun killed the Larvling which is random.

If you don't pop mirrors at all and kill it with your gun, you are gonna have a pic 100% of the time.

20 hours ago, Foo_Prime said:

I got all 3 new weapons using Mirage (for Rad) but I waited for mirrors to turn off before I killed the Larvling.

/Foo

3 minutes ago, Foo_Prime said:

You have that bug ratio with Mirage because it depends if your gun or mirrors gun killed the Larvling which is random.

If you don't pop mirrors at all and kill it with your gun, you are gonna have a pic 100% of the time.

/Foo

I'll report back later as I'm still after the Ayanga and Bramma, I'll just keep mirriors off and report back later what I find...

3 minutes ago, Skye_Archer said:

I'll report back later as I'm still after the Ayanga and Bramma, I'll just keep mirriors off and report back later what I find...

Don't bother dude...

As I said, I killed 30-40 Larvlings with Mirage's mirrors turned off and I had a weapon pic 100% of the time. It's how I got all 3 new weapons.

/Foo

Edited by Foo_Prime

12 minutes ago, Foo_Prime said:

Don't bother dude...

As I said, I killed 30-40 Larvlings with Mirage's mirrors turned off and I had a weapon pic 100% of the time. It's how I got all 3 new weapons.

/Foo

Kay, anyway I did kill three more larvings without mirriors on til I got the Ayanga, and the weapons showed on all three... So unless something happens where I don't see the weapon with mirriors off, I'll post back here

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings, 

I too have encountered this issue. I was using Zephyr with Glaxion Vandal, and twice my lich larving just died, like a normal enemy. They didn't kneel or anything. No weapon display at all. Just straight up dead.

Edited by KillingPerfection