Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Lex?

siguss

So I've tried all of the dual pistols, and so far the the only one that appeal to me are the dual vastos. i was hoping for more dual pistols and not just brand new duals but things like Dual Lex or Krakens.

Ideas? Comments? everything is welcomed (including hate :P)

The lex is a very powerful single pistol. To be realistic, the recoil would be so strong that you would have to continually keep moving you mouse downwards to make shots actually hit the enemies if you were usual dual. Its just not viable really. The lex is a strong, powerful, long range use pistol. It would be useless at long range shots like it is made for if it was used as a dual weapon. No dual lex or aklex please.

Making lex a duel pistol wont increase recoil, where did you got that from? Its not like you shoot both at the same time, if you remember duel vastos has less recoil then vasto, but still its a sniper, decreased accuracy and increased reload speed time? Thats gonna be horrible

Making lex a duel pistol wont increase recoil

When you hold the lex you hold it with 2 hands, and not one. It makes a big difference in how you handle the gun. You'd either break your arms, or you'd just get soar in your arms afterwards. But maybe tenno's are some sort of super strong mega amazing people that can do that. Just stop asking for it, it won't happen.

Seeing as this is a game and not real life, logic isn't applied here as it would be in our lives. If the tenno can swing a giant damn hammer that's 2 or 3 times heavier then they are then they can surely hold a small pistol like the lex one-handed. Dual lex could be a fun idea and infact I've already sent a suggestion about it a couple of days ago via pm simply for the fact that i didn't desire seeing a thread get such lack-luster responses as this one has. For those who say "It just won't happen." Stop, just freaking stop. You're not a mind reader, you can't see into the future, therefore you have no earthly idea whether it'll happen or not. /Endofstory.

When you hold the lex you hold it with 2 hands, and not one. It makes a big difference in how you handle the gun. You'd either break your arms, or you'd just get soar in your arms afterwards. But maybe tenno's are some sort of super strong mega amazing people that can do that. Just stop asking for it, it won't happen.

While normally firing lex, you hold it with one. Just like every other single hand gun. You grip it with two hands when your zooming in. Just like every other single hand gun. I should know since I own the thing. Don't make stuff up.

I've said it before, Dual Lex would either be amazing, or hilariously bad, and would have to buck the standard dual wield system. Standard dual wields get double fire rate, half acc, double clip, and double reload time. This both removes half the disadvantages of the Lex, worsens the rest, and takes away it's primary advantage.

The first disadvantage is the small clip. With the double clip, that's nicely cut out. 12 rounds at base seems rather decent to me. The second disadvantage is the slow fire rate. Double the standard rate isn't bad, and with mods could be made to fire as fast as the standard Lato. The third disadvantage however, is the slow reload time. With this doubled, we've got a problem. That's nearly 6 seconds reload time. It can only be brought down to about 3.4 seconds with both mods.

Now, as for the advantages. The first is high damage. Dual wield wouldn't touch that. The second is near perfect aim and acc. This would be halved on dual Lex, therefore making it far less useful.

It could be balanced by making the reload time less, say only a 25% increase, but this would doubtlessly cause screams of "OP NERF NOW."

It's likely not worth it to DE.

wow i really didn't think i would get this much replies XD thanks for all your comments i said dual lex because i use damage mods (barrel diffusion, lethal torrent, serration, basically damage mods) to run up into their face quickly kill heavies thats why i though...hey dual lex=double fire rate... :P anything else is welcomed (including more hate :P).

wow i really didn't think i would get this much replies XD thanks for all your comments i said dual lex because i use damage mods (barrel diffusion, lethal torrent, serration, basically damage mods) to run up into their face quickly kill heavies thats why i though...hey dual lex=double fire rate... :P anything else is welcomed (including more hate :P).

Hate.jpg

wish granted :P

seriously though, there is no way this could happen, the Lex is a powerful pocket sniper, and dual wield would destroy that with the lowered accuracy, and the 6 second reload time would just be like "Guys! Wait up! I need to reload my Dual Lex before we go into the next room!" 6 seconds later "finished!' then go into the room, use the 12 shots it has then be like "Guys! don't kill anything my Dual Lex has to reload again!" and 6 seconds later everything would be dead and you'd finally finish reloading your Dual Lex

I actually think that the Lex is one of those pistol which should not go dual. Just make a Lex Prime. I for one will forma it the way.

If you like dual wielding pistols and like the Lex. I think the dual Vastos are what you are looking at. I will forma the Dual Vasto Prime if there is any. :P

Hate.jpg

wish granted :P

seriously though, there is no way this could happen, the Lex is a powerful pocket sniper, and dual wield would destroy that with the lowered accuracy, and the 6 second reload time would just be like "Guys! Wait up! I need to reload my Dual Lex before we go into the next room!" 6 seconds later "finished!' then go into the room, use the 12 shots it has then be like "Guys! don't kill anything my Dual Lex has to reload again!" and 6 seconds later everything would be dead and you'd finally finish reloading your Dual Lex

Quickdraw mod

Making lex a duel pistol wont increase recoil, where did you got that from? Its not like you shoot both at the same time, if you remember duel vastos has less recoil then vasto, but still its a sniper, decreased accuracy and increased reload speed time? Thats gonna be horrible

You'd be holding each in one hand. Have you ever shot a gun? Have you tried doing it with one hand?