Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability to utilize cover

IllogicalLogic420

It would be great if we could utilize the environment to our advantage some more, such as:

- Hiding behind a crate with your back against it, and expose part of yourself to aim around a corner, providing proper cover

- Being able to walk against a wall with your back towards it to sneakily (adds quit bonus) close in on a doorway, wait for a target and finisher them

- Use parazon to kill an enemy below you as you sit on the ledge, kind of like assassins creed

Idk, stuff like that.

• Like 2

the question is then, in a Mission where there are 20-30 dudes in the room shooting at you, how practical will it be to hump around a box to poke some dude in the face, versus Killing those dozens of dudes in the ways that we do that now? especially seeing as usually every Enemy is going to die to 1-5 Shots from your Guns, Et Cetera.

i think you probably know the answer.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 2

This reminds me a lot of splinter cell.

I wouldn't mind a deeper stealth system, the whole game being a bit slower and then having mechanics like this in the game.

You can already shoot around corners, but that's usually not that useful, because enemies can come from all sides anyway. Also stealth is very basic in warframe and if you want to be stealthy you really just use a frame, that can become invisible. You don't even get the stealth bonus on kills anymore, unless the enemies are either asleep or you use a melee finisher.

• Like 1

You can already use cover though, its just not useful to do unless youre using it to take a rocket or are holding down a location, just stand behind it. Besides theres only so many actions that can be put into the game thanks to consoles lack of buttons and no one wants some multi function keybind that ends up attaching you to a piece of cover when youre flying through a level blapping dudes.

Once upon a time, before the parkour system we have now, when excal had superjump and the game was slower this would be an ok idea, now its just really really bad idea.

The problem with cover mechanics is they require smart level design such that cover spots actually exist. Warframe's level design is based around parkour and looking pretty, with actually very few spots where you can take cover without enemies spawning all around you and shooting you from behind. It's basically just tile boundary doors and not a lot else. I'm not sure there are enough places where sticky cover can really make much of a difference. Even games like The Division don't always have decent enough cover everywhere.