Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Update Broke My Game

Private_SnowbaII

Question

The new update broke my game. I launch the launcher, and then click play, and then it's just a loading screen that crashes my entire computer. I have an i7 8700k, an RTX 2070, and 16 gigs of corsair ddr4 ram. there's no way it's my hardware. and I was playing just fine 10 minutes before the update. Anyone else having this issue?

9 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, UmbralTauSlayer said:

The new update broke my game. I launch the launcher, and then click play, and then it's just a loading screen that crashes my entire computer. I have an i7 8700k, an RTX 2070, and 16 gigs of corsair ddr4 ram. there's no way it's my hardware. and I was playing just fine 10 minutes before the update. Anyone else having this issue?

usually when this happens to me, I just do a fresh install and it fixes the issue, it is a coding error that can happen during the patching process, when it tried to patch it might have lost an important packet of code in the process, it happens rarely but annoying when it does

2 hours ago, Docholm said:

usually when this happens to me, I just do a fresh install and it fixes the issue, it is a coding error that can happen during the patching process, when it tried to patch it might have lost an important packet of code in the process, it happens rarely but annoying when it does

Well it kinda sucks when it's a 40+ gig game and it'll take me 25 hours to download on my internet...... This has never happened to me before. im about to uninstall warframe and never play it again. This game is just getting worse as the years go on.

Just now, UmbralTauSlayer said:

Well it kinda sucks when it's a 40+ gig game and it'll take me 25 hours to download on my internet...... This has never happened to me before. im about to uninstall warframe and never play it again. This game is just getting worse as the years go on.

I hear ya, honestly, I'd like to see them take a year and fix the bugs before continuing with anymore updates.

Just now, Docholm said:

I hear ya, honestly, I'd like to see them take a year and fix the bugs before continuing with anymore updates.

It's not even that. The game has no real late-game "hard" content. it's just 1 shot everything and get through the mission as fast as humanly possible. Kuva liches are the best thing I've seen since Excalibur Umbra's Story mission. And I've been playing since 2015.

Just now, UmbralTauSlayer said:

It's not even that. The game has no real late-game "hard" content. it's just 1 shot everything and get through the mission as fast as humanly possible. Kuva liches are the best thing I've seen since Excalibur Umbra's Story mission. And I've been playing since 2015.

I'm hoping the Duviri Paradox adds something for operator only to make it tough, operator only stuff I find is difficult in comparison.  lets hope those fields make it so

26 minutes ago, Docholm said:

I'm hoping the Duviri Paradox adds something for operator only to make it tough, operator only stuff I find is difficult in comparison.  lets hope those fields make it so

I hate operator gameplay. it's so clunky and boring. I want something that adds late-game endless content, such as idk.... THE OLD VOID!... It gave everyone a reason to stay in an "endless" mission longer than 20 minutes. People would stay in those missions for sometimes a couple hours at a time. I miss the old void, and I'd give anything to have it back

4 hours ago, UmbralTauSlayer said:

I hate operator gameplay. it's so clunky and boring. I want something that adds late-game endless content, such as idk.... THE OLD VOID!... It gave everyone a reason to stay in an "endless" mission longer than 20 minutes. People would stay in those missions for sometimes a couple hours at a time. I miss the old void, and I'd give anything to have it back

I miss the old void, being able to go in for multiple hours and get prime parts all day long

8 hours ago, UmbralTauSlayer said:

Amen brotha!

Also try changing from DX11 to DX10 (or viceversa) version in launcher options and run the launcher again, it solved this issue you having for me once. If it doesnt work, you have to reinstall... And if it works just change the DX back to what you want and patch again.

Good luck.

Edited by Benour

14 hours ago, Benour said:

Amen brotha!

Also try changing from DX11 to DX10 (or viceversa) version in launcher options and run the launcher again, it solved this issue you having for me once. If it doesnt work, you have to reinstall... And if it works just change the DX back to what you want and patch again.

Good luck.

I tried that, and I also tried changing the language versions of the launcher, and it would start patching again and get stuck on 99%. I let it run for over 12 hours and it stayed on 99% for all 12 of those hours. I have to now reinstall the game.... and yeah, the old void is just something of a dream now... It feels like a lifetime ago when I could go into a void mission and stay for hours and get 2-300 plat per run easily, and just have a good time, and have a fun, challenging, and satisfying experience. now all there is to do is just use your good weapons to get more weapons, and use those weapons to get more resources to get more weapons and warframes. It deeply saddens me to see what this game has become today compared to how it was 3-4 years ago. And so many people that concurrently play never got to experience that peek perfection gameplay.