Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secondary Missions: Just Extra Busy Work?

R34LM

I don't kow about you guys, but I am getting a little sick of secondary missions; the extra objective when you finish the main objective of the missions you had originally chosen. I am starting to find these annoying. I finish the mission that I have chosen, but then out of the blue I am told that I need to do something more than what I wanted. I can understand the purpose of these missions, to act as more xp and to touch on situations that suddenly occur. But, in my opinion, it is just more busywork. At first I wasn't annoyed, but then I do a few missions like a capture mission and then I am forced to gather four terminals or rescue a target. So I have to go way off the beaten path to do my business then have to, most likely, completely backtrack to extraction. It gets especially annyoing when I have to do a mission to gather four terminals and then forced to rescue a hostage. I have played with people who share the same opinion as me, that they just don't want to do the exrta busywork. In my eyes, I want play just the mission that I see. If I want to do a deception, I want to do just that and not extra work on top of it.

I don't know, I'd say just cut secondary missions, since I don't see many benifits in doing them.  What do you guys think? Do we cut them? Do we keep them? Or, as a median, do we make them optional?

I agree with making secondary missions optional. Just like those challenges to kill 30 enemies with your rifle or something the secondary mission would just be a side thing you can do along the way maybe. Instead of collecting 4 datamasses at the END of the mission, you can collect them DURING the mission and it would be optional.

It's so hilarious when you get another deception objective after completing the main deception objective. It feels like Lotus was drunk and accidentally sent the ship to the wrong direction during the first objective. Another funny objective combination is deception and sabotage: first you derail the ship, then you destroy it ._.

I just quit and start over unless something worthwhile has dropped during the mission. Rather than them being a compulsory and unrewarding bit that's stuck on the end of a mission, give players the choice of extracting as normal or doing the bonus for a good reward (void keys, rare mods, materials etc).

However, the extra objective would still have to be hidden until the first objective is complete or people would start and quit missions over and over until the bonus objective triggered.

Edited by Cybernetix

It's so hilarious when you get another deception objective after completing the main deception objective. It feels like Lotus was drunk and accidentally sent the ship to the wrong direction during the first objective. Another funny objective combination is deception and sabotage: first you derail the ship, then you destroy it ._.

I have had that happen! The lights on the terminals would turn green when you got over four. And your other point is good too, there is a lack of practicality when you have to mix missions like that together.

Yeah, after a while they do just feel like busy work. The weirdest combination I ever got was original mission: reroute ship, secondary mission: destroy reactor, doing that apparently made it decide to explode; get to extraction or fail 5min timer.

Making them optional or adding a bit better reward would probably make them feel less like busy work.

Maybe make a couple points on the star map be nothing but secondary missions. For those who don't mind the random objectives--at least have an option for those who prefer busy work; lotus might reward them for doing more work (and fighting for the tenno cause)

Edited by GamingEntity