Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3. Valence FUSION

S0NGA

about 3. Valence FUSION...

I think the following...  I take almost a whole day, catching whispers...

For the first MOD, it is already very tiring and repetitive and this increases even more for the second MOD and even more for the third and last one MOD...

And I also have to make some attempts to find out the correct position of these 3 mods!!

ok, I'm not complaining about all the work that I have to get the lich weapon...

I really was very disappointed with the reward that I got, to the new percentage from the FUSIONED weapon!!

In my case, the weapon was 32% and fused with one that was 25% and that resulted in a 36% one...

This seemed to me, very sacrifice for a mediocre reward!!!  :(((

I'm happy with the "mediocre reward". It's a long-term goal anyway.

What I'm NOT happy with is that according to the devstream, the base elements combine. For example, Electricity weapon and Fire weapon will give you a Radiation weapon. And with that, I'm losing the possibility to mod for corrosive.

With Electricty, I can choose between Corrosive and Radiation.
With Toxin, I can choose between Corrosive and Gas.
Other elements are pretty much undesirable and it's a shame to fuse a base electricity/toxin into a combined element.

Edited by Uthael
added "according to the devstream" to avoid confusing future readers

1 minute ago, Uthael said:

I'm happy with the "mediocre reward". It's a long-term goal anyway.

The human being is a singular creature, each one has its own characteristic and only your...
I mean that, what seems easy to you, may not seem easy to me

1 minute ago, Uthael said:

What I'm NOT happy with is that the base elements combine. For example, Electricity weapon and Fire weapon will give you a Radiation weapon. And with that, I'm losing the possibility to mod for corrosive.

ok, I agree with your point of view and I thank you very much for enriching this post!!  😉
I also think, that we could have control over whether or not, to combine the elements.

15 minutes ago, S0NGA said:

I mean that, what seems easy to you, may not seem easy to me

I didn't say it was easy. Take it as "I prefer slow but steady progress".

In practice though, it doesn't matter if your weapon is +35% or +60%. Well... It does, but very rarely. Putting two default elemental mod is +180%. Compred to that, the difference between average and maxed Kuva weapon ain't really significant. Therefore, I don't feel like rushing that +60%. It works like a mod and not a base stat, anyway.

Off-topic: several warframes have an augment which gives +X% elemental, where X is your strength. THAT's a significant difference in damage output.

Edited by Uthael

1 hour ago, Uthael said:

What I'm NOT happy with is that the base elements combine. For example, Electricity weapon and Fire weapon will give you a Radiation weapon. And with that, I'm losing the possibility to mod for corrosive.

Whoa! Seriously? That seems...really awful. 

What happens if you already have a dual-element, like Radiation, and then add a 3rd element like Cold? Any ideas?

EDIT: although, typically, with weapons that have a dual-element native to them, your single element mods don't contribute toward that unless the mods themselves combined to make that dual-element. Have you tested this? Once you got Radiation, did you try and mod for Corrosive? I'm wondering if the weapon ends up with a "true" dual-element bonus or if it ends up with 2 single element bonuses that automatically combine...which then makes me ask if you can use mods to grab one half (ie if you have Fire and then Elec, could you slot in a Toxin to get gas and elec?)

Edited by waterboytkd

3 minutes ago, Uthael said:

I didn't say it was easy. Take it as "I prefer slow but steady progress".

...Therefore, I don't feel like rushing that +60%...

I used the term easy, because for me, spending the whole day doing the same thing, it is difficult and bore...

As you did not seem to see this as something uncomfortable, I figured that you find it easy.
On the other hand, when you have a good reward, you feel stimulated, even if it is tiring and boring.
All I would like, is just a certain balance...  maybe more whispers for missions...  maybe less whispers to complete the mods...  maybe the same balanced amount for each of the 3 mods...  maybe improving the fusion...

At no time did I see this balance, as a way to speed things up and get to the maximum...
Even because, if I finish everything quickly, it will get even more tedious, not having anything to do!!

For you to have an idea, I haven't had time yet, to get all the relics of Ivara Prime...
There were several repeated weapons, now that I got the last one that was missing.
I haven't even farmed intrinsic to Railjack.
Maybe this is all very easy and fast, for many young people who are starting or not, and who have more time to spend, sitting for a whole day, on their PC

1 hour ago, Uthael said:

Depends. If donating e.g. an Electric weapon into a Radiation weapon makes it just Electric, or a Toxin weapon into a Corrosive weapon returns it to just Toxin, it's fine by me.

Also, it opens the possibility of getting Viral bonus and mod for Corrosive, which would be sweet, and wasn't previously possible! 😃

29 minutes ago, waterboytkd said:

What happens if you already have a dual-element, like Radiation, and then add a 3rd element like Cold? Any ideas?

I'd expect it to be replaced with a Cold elemental bonus... who knows?

I'm hoping that once a weapon's maxed to 60%, we'll still be able to change the elemental type by Valence Fusion, to experiment.

1 hour ago, Uthael said:

What I'm NOT happy with is that the base elements combine. For example, Electricity weapon and Fire weapon will give you a Radiation weapon.

No mention of combined damage types in the patch notes or anywhere else that I know of.  Sounds unintended, especially since they avoided inherent viral, gas, and corrosive before.  Anyway, probably worth a bug report if it bothers you.

Although if gas is possible, I really want to know if the weapons are tracking how much toxin went into the final result.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Although if gas is possible, I really want to know if the weapons are tracking how much toxin went into the final result.

The elemental bonus is counted as base damage, so it shouldn't affect the DoT calculation like Toxin Mods do.

Calculation is: Base Damage × (Toxin Mod Multiplier ÷ 2) per tick for 9 ticks over 8 seconds as Toxin b Toxin damage.

Edited by OmegaVoid
Added calculation from wiki.

12 hours ago, Uthael said:

That is false. Elements do not combine into complex ones. Bonus %-damage gets an increase and in case of different elements, the weapon will get the last element added to it -> if you improve a 44% Tocix weapon with a 35% Fire you will get ~49% Fire weapon.

2 hours ago, ShortCat said:

That is false. Elements do not combine into complex ones. Bonus %-damage gets an increase and in case of different elements, the weapon will get the last element added to it -> if you improve a 44% Tocix weapon with a 35% Fire you will get ~49% Fire weapon.

That's what I figured the process would be. Just for the sake of thoroughness and to dispel any doubts: you have done this? Put Heat into a Toxin weapon and got a bigger % bonus with a Heat damage type?

Edited by waterboytkd

13 hours ago, ShortCat said:

if you improve a 44% Tocix weapon with a 35% Fire you will get ~49% Fire weapon.

...and if you improve a 45% weapon with a 35% another one, how much percent you will get?!?

(what I really wanted to know, how is this calculation is done!  mathematical criterion!)

Edited by S0NGA