Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strawpoll: What is the biggest issue with the Lich system?

Lightel03

Having to run 6+ lich controlled missions AFTER doing all the murmurs and knowing the full parazon combo...

Bugs are not fun, host migrations are not fun. Intentional gameplay mechanics like that^? Even less fun. 

My answer for straw poll would be multi part:

Farming parazon mods for the first time, sucks. The amount of time it takes to get your lich to spawn after knowing correct combo, sucks. During lich engagement, animations either not working, not appearing at all and skipping to you just being dead, or occuring with lich and player 5 meters apart, sucks. The amount of murmurs required to learn the 3rd parazon mod, sucks. And having to spend your time in only lich-related missions not connected to anything else you'd rather be farming, sucks.

Idk, this may have covered all the possible answers. 

The changes they made are nice and much needed. But there are many many many more issues that need to be addressed other than just not being able to get the weapon you want. The process isn't fun and it doesn't feel like they addressed that.

Edited by (PS4)slova77
  • Like 2

There's no long term or emotional investment.

"They're supposed to be a persistent threat that's around for a while," ...except they aren't?
The only real goal is to make em' dead as fast as possible.. so any delay to that feels arbitrary and pointless.
All aspects that stalls that are an obstacle, not an inviting challenge.
This is why we hate Murmurs. Whether it's 500 or 5 murmurs, it makes zero difference, except in turn-around time.
The Lich being alive needs to mean something other than theft and chance to spawn, or at the very least.. that theft needs to mean something.

Spoiler

I've put this out there a bit more often than I'd like recently, it feels like spam... but it also addresses the core of what I feel the Lich gameplay loop lacks.

"Snickity Snack, Guess who's back?" - A guy I don't care about, whatsoever.
Lich doesn't have any Real Talk. There's nothing it says that is biting or engaging. We don't connect or resonate with them.. we don't resent their opinions.. their puns aren't even the level of bad that makes bad puns something we respond to. They're just nothing to us. Nothing but a tedious loot box.
Flesh out their personality, motivations, quirks, and commentary.

Spoiler

Edited by kapn655321

Grind(The absurd amount of murmurs to get one hint), RNG guessing after the grind which leads to even more grind(Lining up the mods correctly and waiting like an idiot for a lich to spawn in), RNG to even have a permission to grind which is also timegated(Relics)...

Its the aspect that they arent fun. There isnt much actual engagement with the liches and not much you yourself can actually do to impact anything during the whole process. The requiems themselves are just a game of simon says and dont actually fulfill anything other than that, compounded by the whole system being in its own isolated bubble away from the rest of the game. So playing you have to devote time solely to them while ignoring anything else in the game just to do them.

I think it would be nice to have variety in how to get intel on lich. Always killing thralls has made the act of killing thralls feel hollow.

Different ways and each way has a limit so you can't do all of it one way. People will *@##$ and whine that it is boring if it's all about using the fastest way from A to Z. So put a limit on each method. Thralls always work but will be snails pace way of doing it.
eg. Completing all the nodes of one controlled planet reveals one requiem and that is it. Can't keep doing that for the other 2 requiems.

Edited by Redfeather75

Murmur farming, for me. As far as the other stuff goes:

1) They're not going to fix the Nemesis thing; it's too big to fix

2) It's no more disconnected, in my opinion, than Index or Eidolons or spending all your time on Hydron; and

3) Boss-type enemies and enem AI are just things DE doesn't do very well yet

In theory, we're facing a unique foe created by the Grineer Queen specifically to counter Tenno. A personal nemesis. Something that should involve meticulous preparation before facing, like breaking into the Queen's labs, capturing involved personnel, intercepting information and finally confronting them in an epic battle.

What we actually have is a system where you wring the necks of random grunts and that somehow provides you with information on which mod combo kills their boss who is busy stealing your ammo drums in the meantime.

Counter-intuitive, repetitive and anticlimactic. Like pretty much EVERYTHING released in Warframe in 2019. 

Needs a total from-the-ground-up rework, I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

Knowing that DE would nerf the rewards and/or ruin any weapons from the new contents like what had happened since 18 months ago, there is absolutely nothing that can motivate me and many others to play and complete the new contents. 

It’s simply a total breakdown of trust.