Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So not being able to get rid of a lich made me quit

Milinko

I saw the new update released read them thought ok cool kuva nukor sounds nice I want to go farm that. 

The changes to the lich system makes it easier to farm so after not playing for a while I thought this'll be great I have a nukor riven and I'll get to have some fun.

I play for a bit accidentally kill a lich with the wrong weapon and immediately closed the game...

This made me realize the game just isn't fun anymore for me and the smallest setback makes me want to just close it.

Speaking for the lich system alone

1. It is no where near what we were promised
  2. A ridiculously long farm to get just a singular weapon and no other rewards as all "rewards" are just stuff that were stolen from you (cool idea; not good in a game where its 90% farm)
  3. Has zero integration into the rest of the game, I have to explicitly decide to lich farm where as in other aspects of the game you can farm multiple things at once which mentally made it more bearable because it felt like I was accomplishing more.

Speaking to warframe as a whole now everything seems to be segregated and just a list of chores and errands

1. Go to this specific planet
  2. kill this specific enemy 
  3. pray to rng-esus that it drops the resource, mod, whatever you need
  4. wash rinse repeat

I miss being able to say I want to do this this and the third all at the same time while feeling badass. Now it's just a drawn out farm parade because the developers need padding in order to release content instead of caring about the now, and giving us cool fun events and mini-quests to fill the in betweens of major updates they are trying to go straight to their ambitions but know we need something to do in the meantime so here's a new weapon that oh wow needs new resource, and a lot of it at that. 

On top of all that Digital Extremes also are absolutely terrified at giving us new power ceilings to reach with each new weapon (which I do understand to a point). But what is the point of having mr locked weapons and rivens if you effectively unlocked the entire game at mr 16 and we never get stronger than that.

Effectively warframe stops being fun when I am forced to farm but not allowed to grow.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Sounds like that's a YOU problem. 

Don't you know? Its basic good game design tenets if the player mess up its the devs fault whuptidudaboo. Even when you have ample time to check what weapon he drops and the finisher is not something you spam in game and still people complain about everything these days.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Milinko said:

I saw the new update released read them thought ok cool kuva nukor sounds nice I want to go farm that. 

The changes to the lich system makes it easier to farm so after not playing for a while I thought this'll be great I have a nukor riven and I'll get to have some fun.

I play for a bit accidentally kill a lich with the wrong weapon and immediately closed the game...

This made me realize the game just isn't fun anymore for me and the smallest setback makes me want to just close it.

Speaking for the lich system alone

1. It is no where near what we were promised
  2. A ridiculously long farm to get just a singular weapon and no other rewards as all "rewards" are just stuff that were stolen from you (cool idea; not good in a game where its 90% farm)
  3. Has zero integration into the rest of the game, I have to explicitly decide to lich farm where as in other aspects of the game you can farm multiple things at once which mentally made it more bearable because it felt like I was accomplishing more.

It really do be like that. I wonder if it`s better to try and improve the Lich system we have, or to just scrap it and start from scratch. I hope they improve upon it heavily, the recent changes were a step in the right direction, but there`s still so much to fix.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

It very much so is, he shouldn`t have killed the larvaling. But should we just discount the rest of his argument just because of one oversight?

He killed the wrong larvaling, and because of that, he has to put up with the current Lich system until this Lich is killed. He has to go through a couple hours of boring grind so that he can then do what he wants. The Lich system is not fun, the only reason people put up with it is for kuva weapons.

He isn`t complaining that he can`t just throw away his Lich, he`s complaining how the Lich system is not fun, and the fact that an oversight has obligated him to go through hours more of this unfun content, making him just want to quit the game.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Sounds like you personally haven't heard the words "if you aren't contributing something of value, you're only a nuisance"enough in your life.

Rather it matters to you or not, every lost player matters to DE.

Rather or not DE feel like there's anything they can do for them specifically, their feedback is important, you meanwhile are just being petty and have contributed nothing with your statement. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Benour said:

How you can perform finisher on larvaing by ACCIDENT (when its completely diefferent keybind) thats just something im gonna never understand.

Next try be less PEPEGA and actually think for 2 seconds what you doing. :facepalm:

Well... First off i think if they quit without finishing the mission it might solve that problem anyway.... I haven't tried, and if not it really should.

As for how. If you play on controller many people bind their context action to the reload button ie right side left button, which is the default reload button on almost all shooters. It also shares function as a context button in almost all shooters. So. Yes. You just killed something, force of habit says to reload................. oops.

It happens.Hasn't happened to me yet, but it happens. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Milinko said:

I realise this isn't the point of the topic, but this here sounds a lot like burnout. The time I got angry with Warframe enough to quit out of frustration, I went and played something else. GTA 5 had recently released an update with a fairly decent heist, so I was playing that for quite a while. Only recently came back to decent activity with the Kuva Lich changes. No, you can't get rid of a Lich, but there are enough systems around it to ensure you don't have to. There is still room for mistake, this is true. I've mentioned elsewhere that I'd like Larvling executions to use the same menu as Lich Executions, where you get 10 seconds of posing to decide on whether to spare or kill, with the Kuva weapon shown in that screen. So there's more to do, but I'd argue the changes addressed the most severe issues Liches had.

• Like 1

Clarification on ‘Abandoning Liches’: We have removed the prototype for this for now, because rather than not fixing the core loop and just letting a Lich be banished, we intend to focus on the core loop first. 

Hopefully this functionality is only postponed for a short time and not abandoned.

I love the amount of people who saw I did thing accidentally and respond with your fault. Like did you not read the entire thing. No S#&$ it's my fault ; I am admitting fault that's not the point of the entire post. 

My question is more why people still defend the obvious clunky nature of Liches and proceed to blame players for everything they don't find enjoyable.

The entire system has been a dumpster fire from the get go, sure I know people can like different things, but the VITRIOL that some people have for people who don't like the current/previous state of Liches is confusing.

Sadly my only suggestion is to take a break until DE stops dragging their feet and implement the "ditch a lich" system, and ignore the comments from the peanut gallery at large.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 2

If DE could have dedicated most time on polishing the game, this would not happen. Instead, DE spent tons of time to nerf the entire weapon categories and “balance” whatever players had most fun with.  Players are literally stabbed twice by the current design trend since 2018. First our gears got nerfed and anything deemed to fun is served on the chopping board. Secondly, a lot of new but extra grinding and buggy contents have been added to the game. No wonder players complain. 

3 hours ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

I'll never understand how people who quit could possibly expect anyone else to care.

You both read and responded which means you and all the others who responded care even if it's only a little. 

Also it's not to seek attention for quitting it's to share and Express feelings about a game I spent 4k hours on in Hope's that'll improve and to see if anyone shares my thoughts. I'm also interested in hearing others opinions on the matter why are you against that?

i feel you man. today morning i decided to uninstall and not look back.

all that bullS#&$ with rng and their game design choices #*!%ed up the game so much for me that a minor inconvenience like not getting the kuva weapon you want makes me not want to play ever again.

Edited by grindbert

On 2020-02-08 at 2:34 AM, TearsOfTomorrow said:

Yeah right.

Ok so let's say it is what now? You are giving attention would that not mean you want to feed it. Either way how does this make me a better or worse person for wanting attention? How does it make you better for pointing it out? All in all, why does it matter?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

I turn this question back at you. You're quitting: why does it matter?

Okay now I'm just under the belief that you don't read so this is kinda funny read the original post or maybe my first response. Also note you still can't answer the questions I asked you which is a point of you acknowledging your own ignorance to the issue at hand and showing you have no goal other than belittle anyone who would like to make a statement that is counter intuitive to your own ergo you believe if I'm not sucking off warframe and stating how I'm here to stay I can't complain nor state what I choose to do nor request inference from other members of a community that played the same game as me by making a public forum post. A post that you could have chosen to ignore instead of send what amounts to "no one cares about your opinion so it's invalid." Instead of trying to open a conversation with the contrary opinion in a civilized matter

TL;DR 

You can't read; I already said why in the original post and in my response your first post. You just chose to be a $&*^ then reply to me with a uno reverse card showing your own ineptitude.