Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transfer Orokin Reactors and Catalysts

Brian_Guzman758

As we have all probably seen the new unvaults coming up on Feb. 11, these are two frames i have the normal version of and both have a Reactor. 

I think it would be good feature to be able to transfer Reactors and Catalysts to primed versions of the same item that has the reactor and to nothing else.

So already 'Tatoed' items would not go to complete/partial waste. There could be a consequence system for performing such an action or something of that sort. Just to not make it like you're transfering Catalysts/Reactors at no cost- as i say cost, a cost could be implemented too, like a reduced platinum cost on transfering (they're 20p) so you wont have to buy another reactor/catalyst to install on the other Item- maybe 10p or less?

This just came to mind as i saw these items that are getting unvaulted as i really wanted oberon prime for eidolon hunts and was disappointed when i was told by an in game bud that it will be a while before it gets unvaulted and look now D:. That said no blame on anyone....its all my fault just saying.

Of course i dint really think of balancing issues and stuff so that's why there is a reply feature :D 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Brian_Guzman758 said:

be able to transfer Reactors and Catalysts to primed versions of the same item

Would be neat, sure.

But TBH, Potatoes are pretty cheap, so if you can farm a full Prime set,
you could just sell some of the junk you got along the way to make enough Plat for a few of those.

okay so hear me out here......

When the prime version of a warframe you already have comes out and its Tatoed, when you acquire the prime version don't you sell the norm version? if its a common thing to do (sell it), then idk it would just be a little less wastage of an already installed Potato and less grinding...

and BTW you guys say it like its so easy to get em, guess i'm farming on the wrong plot. (its not easy for me D:)

17 minutes ago, Brian_Guzman758 said:

okay so hear me out here......

When the prime version of a warframe you already have comes out and its Tatoed, when you acquire the prime version don't you sell the norm version? if its a common thing to do (sell it), then idk it would just be a little less wastage of an already installed Potato and less grinding...

and BTW you guys say it like its so easy to get em, guess i'm farming on the wrong plot. (its not easy for me D:)

Farm some prime junk then use https://warframe.market/ to sell it. It's pretty easy to scrape together the 20 plat it costs to buy potatos.

Edited by GentlePuppet

14 hours ago, Sir-Swerving said:

With Valence Transfer/Fusion being a thing for Kuva Weapons, A system to transfer polarities and upgrades to the prime variant would make sense

No it wouldn't. It makes sense that when you get a new gear item, even a variant, it must be invested into. Adding Forma and a Reactor/Catalyst/Exilus for gear is standard and quite a good progression system to maximize an item.

The reason Valence Transfer/Fusion makes sense for Lich weapons is because you must invest 5 Forma for the Mastery, and those weapons have randomized elemental bonus percentages.

Edited by Voltage

9 minutes ago, Voltage said:

No it wouldn't. It makes sense that when you get a new gear item, even a variant, it must be invested into. Adding Forma and a Reactor/Catalyst/Exilus for gear is standard and quite a good progression system to maximize an item.

The reason Valence Transfer/Fusion makes sense for Lich weapons is because you must invest 5 Forma for the Mastery, and those weapons have randomized elemental bonus percentages.

Prime Warframes are a bit more than just a variation, They are direct upgrades of the regular variant with boosted stats and easier to obtain in some cases, It's pretty discouraging to be told you wasted your time investing 8 forma into a frame that just got a shiny gilded version with better armor.

5 hours ago, Sir-Swerving said:

Prime Warframes are a bit more than just a variation, They are direct upgrades of the regular variant with boosted stats and easier to obtain in some cases, It's pretty discouraging to be told you wasted your time investing 8 forma into a frame that just got a shiny gilded version with better armor.

The time you played the normal variant before a prime one came out was not 'time wasted'. Play Grendel and Gauss now for a few years before they get primed. I mean you don't go "Man I wasted years of paying for gas, tires, and insurance on my 2015 Canyonero just for them to release an upgraded 2020 model that's shinier with more bells and whistles." You had 5 years of use out of it.

But if it really bothers you, just don't play any frame ever until a prime version comes out.

I'm pretty sure DE is counting on this and player psychology as part of their monetization and incentive to play.

Still, I wonder if there's a way they can increase demand for reactors and forma by having some sort of small, partial "rebate".  Maybe they lose some demand from players who have no problem investing in vanilla frames, but make up for it with demand from players who currently hold up for the Prime release.  And get some good will on top.

Maaaybe.   But probably not happening.

• Like 1

this is what happens when the prime frames are so easy to obtain.

people are so quick to dump the regular frames leading them to either not potato or  feel like its a waste because the time you end up using that frame pales in comparison to the prime frame.

as it stands, dont bother using forma or potatoes on non prime frames.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

The time you played the normal variant before a prime one came out was not 'time wasted'. Play Grendel and Gauss now for a few years before they get primed. I mean you don't go "Man I wasted years of paying for gas, tires, and insurance on my 2015 Canyonero just for them to release an upgraded 2020 model that's shinier with more bells and whistles." You had 5 years of use out of it.

But if it really bothers you, just don't play any frame ever until a prime version comes out.

Exactly my point  mane, you said you had "5 Years" i'm talking i got this a few days before the unvaulting anouncement, how do you think that feels, for a standard player like me....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SilverRook said:

this is what happens when the prime frames are so easy to obtain.

people are so quick to dump the regular frames leading them to either not potato or  feel like its a waste because the time you end up using that frame pales in comparison to the prime frame.

as it stands, dont bother using forma or potatoes on non prime frames.

I only use that rule for frames that have a prime variant and frames that have one maybe coming out soon...

1 hour ago, Brian_Guzman758 said:

Exactly my point  mane, you said you had "5 Years" i'm talking i got this a few days before the unvaulting anouncement, how do you think that feels, for a standard player like me....

You still get the MR for the regular and the latter part of my post still applies. If you're worried about it, never play a regular version and wait for a prime.

But really if you sit there being scared that a better version might come out some day, you'll just sit there doing nothing all the time. It's like never using your super life potions in an RPG or never using your ammo for your better weapons in an FPS story campaign because you're afraid something bigger and harder will come after whatever you're fighting right now. And I even say that as one that's been guilty of doing both of those.

Edited by Hobie-wan

On 2020-02-06 at 6:51 PM, Hobie-wan said:

You still get the MR for the regular and the latter part of my post still applies. If you're worried about it, never play a regular version and wait for a prime.

But really if you sit there being scared that a better version might come out some day, you'll just sit there doing nothing all the time. It's like never using your super life potions in an RPG or never using your ammo for your better weapons in an FPS story campaign because you're afraid something bigger and harder will come after whatever you're fighting right now. And I even say that as one that's been guilty of doing both of those.

ye that true FR

On 2020-02-04 at 7:54 PM, Brian_Guzman758 said:

As we have all probably seen the new unvaults coming up on Feb. 11, these are two frames i have the normal version of and both have a Reactor. 

I think it would be good feature to be able to transfer Reactors and Catalysts to primed versions of the same item that has the reactor and to nothing else.

So already 'Tatoed' items would not go to complete/partial waste. There could be a consequence system for performing such an action or something of that sort. Just to not make it like you're transfering Catalysts/Reactors at no cost- as i say cost, a cost could be implemented too, like a reduced platinum cost on transfering (they're 20p) so you wont have to buy another reactor/catalyst to install on the other Item- maybe 10p or less?

This just came to mind as i saw these items that are getting unvaulted as i really wanted oberon prime for eidolon hunts and was disappointed when i was told by an in game bud that it will be a while before it gets unvaulted and look now D:. That said no blame on anyone....its all my fault just saying.

Of course i dint really think of balancing issues and stuff so that's why there is a reply feature 😄

So whats the verdict on this? 

Should be implemented or not?