Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

lich and heavy melee Change's

WhiteyTighties

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Chakkhurr is really nice, if you have decent aim.. just need to get rid of my crappy current Lich, then I can go for the new weapons and that Kraken I'm missing..

Yup. I just got mine today. It's really powerful. Especially with the vigilante mods.

I guess this will be my new primary weapon for Railjack.

8 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

I agree. Finally I can get that Chakkur without trading, heavy grinding and having to break my back.

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Chakkhurr is really nice, if you have decent aim.. just need to get rid of my crappy current Lich, then I can go for the new weapons and that Kraken I'm missing..

15 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Yup. I just got mine today. It's really powerful. Especially with the vigilante mods.

I guess this will be my new primary weapon for Railjack.

Weird, everyone's hyping the Chakkhurr, meanwhile I'm trying to get a Karak and like 4/5 Larvlings I find got a chakkhurr :/

Seriously, RNGesus just never wants to cooperate :s

17 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Weird, everyone's hyping the Chakkhurr, meanwhile I'm trying to get a Karak and like 4/5 Larvlings I find got a chakkhurr 😕

Seriously, RNGesus just never wants to cooperate :s

Weirdly enough I had the exact opposite situation. I got like 3 or 4 karaks before I got the chakkurr.

As I just posted a feedback on the subject : why couldn't they add a toggle for heavy melee ?

Now my redeemer prime is near unusable again... (Yes it still works, but it's just so much more annoying now...)

All that to please some people that for some reason were unable to spam a key without f+cking up somewhere...

I mean, I'm always weilding fast AS melees, scroll wheeling my way to victory, and NEVER accidentaly heavyed... But oh well

I wouldn't care if we had a toggle option between the two. Whatever version of melee we had, people were always asking for a toggle, not one or the other, a toggle ffs...

1 hour ago, Fallen77 said:

As I just posted a feedback on the subject : why couldn't they add a toggle for heavy melee ?

Now my redeemer prime is near unusable again... (Yes it still works, but it's just so much more annoying now...)

All that to please some people that for some reason were unable to spam a key without f+cking up somewhere...

I mean, I'm always weilding fast AS melees, scroll wheeling my way to victory, and NEVER accidentaly heavyed... But oh well

I wouldn't care if we had a toggle option between the two. Whatever version of melee we had, people were always asking for a toggle, not one or the other, a toggle ffs...

I feel the same way. The redeemer prime was my main melee, now it's back to collecting dust along with the other gunblades and throwing melees. 

• Like 1

We got that Melee 3.0 QoL change, the Lich QoL change, don't forget the most important Railjack QoL change that unfortunatly wasn't done;

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1163232-can-you-please-combine-the-rj-weapon-ui-windows/

I'd like to be able to swim through the hundreds of RJ weapons I need to scrap or keep more efficiently please. Especially for when/if they add a merging system for them.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I spawned another Seer the day before the changes, whopping 25% heat. Now I need to ditch this a hole so I can properly farm. 

Le 5/2/2020 à 18:01, vegetosayajin a dit :

Now I love it even more, endless combo, red crit full status ftw. 😄

You don't understand my point, I'm not talking about the weapon's stats, I'm talking about its handling...

With hold E, one press of the button gave you one regular and one heavy attack, now, we have to press 2 separate buttons for the same result (if you can press both frame perfect everytime, otherwise, it's just clunkyer...)

21 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

You don't understand my point, I'm not talking about the weapon's stats, I'm talking about its handling...

With hold E, one press of the button gave you one regular and one heavy attack, now, we have to press 2 separate buttons for the same result (if you can press both frame perfect everytime, otherwise, it's just clunkyer...)

He gets it, with a combo redeamer it would also heavy attack unintentionally and you lose those red crits.  I assigned heavy attack to a different mouse button, problem solved.  

I agree, a toggle would be nice but this is a much better system, you can spam E without accidental heavy attack (very bad with orthos prime, happens even with redeamer when not specifically using only as heavy) and can still heavy attack at any time.  

You can literally assign it to any other key.  My E is mapped to mouse, now my heavy attack is also mapped to mouse but a different button.  Took a good 2 minutes or get used to. 

The only thing I do not like is that I have to pull out melee first before I can heavy attack.  That is all that needs to be changed, allow heavy attack at any time by charging whatever button it is assigned to!

Edited by Educated_Beast

Il y a 13 heures, Educated_Beast a dit :

You can literally assign it to any other key. 

I know, that's the thing I want to toggle away from. 

Or have a way to tell the game "this action when this button his held". Even outside of the all melee discussion, that'd be awesome.

You could map regular map and tactical map on the same button, more shortcuts for consumables with as many buttons, etc... It would just be a third column in the controls for when X button is held. Just copy hold E parameters in that column. Those that don't wanna use it, don't, and nothing change.

I don't get why people are resisting this much the idea of having the choice to use a control scheme that was not replaced by anything else. (Not so much you, but in general) I don't wanna take away your precious dedicated heavy button, I just want the option...

But just wondering, for about 4 years now, I've played warframe on different PCs (weak and strong), with different keyboards and mouses (cheap and expensive), generally prefering high attack speed, with melee on both E and wheel (whatever hand that's the least tired gets to spam)... And I NEVER had accidentaly heavy attacked with the trusted hold E mechanics. None that I couldn't attribute to my own fault. So what are you people doing to butterfinger it so much that's it's a international issue ? What's happening here ?

15 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

I perfectly understand your point, I just wanted to work only with light attacks because my build is like this and it does a crap ton of damage until a heavy attack breaks the combo.
And what two buttons? I just press middle mouse button now if I want heavy attack, it's much faster than the hold E sh1t.

Il y a 6 heures, vegetosayajin a dit :

I perfectly understand your point, I just wanted to work only with light attacks because my build is like this and it does a crap ton of damage until a heavy attack breaks the combo.
And what two buttons? I just press middle mouse button now if I want heavy attack, it's much faster than the hold E sh1t.

Because one really confortable and widely accepted way to use it is via heavy attacks. 

You press E, does one light that applies status, and since you're holding it, the heavy comes afterward with full efficiency since status is applied. All in one press of a single button.

It's MUCH more controlable than spamming the stance light shots. Redeemer is used when you need to do big burst damage on a single target, not when you just wanna be a blender with legs, you can use any melee for that.

But now, that way of playing is dead again, because doing this same thing with two buttons is a pain in the butt.

So, if you understand so well my point, why are you just telling me your other way of using it ? I don't care, you do you, that doesn't change the fact that my way of playing is gone. "You lost huge quality of life for heavy attacking ? Let me tell you about my light attack build..." What is that supposed to mean ? It's 2 very different things, I don't wanna build combo to do anything, I want back the comfort I had on my no combo build...

And you say you get my point, but you don't understand the straight downgrade in quality of life we had on that front...

1 minute ago, Fallen77 said:

And you say you get my point, but you don't understand the straight downgrade in quality of life we had on that front...

I agree, that's why all the community was asking for a toggle, not a revert back.
Now it's not comfortable for heavy attack users, before it was unusable for light attack combo users.
It's just that DE doesn't have time to make a toggle, apparently.

il y a 3 minutes, vegetosayajin a dit :

I agree, that's why all the community was asking for a toggle, not a revert back.
Now it's not comfortable for heavy attack users, before it was unusable for light attack combo users.
It's just that DE doesn't have time to make a toggle, apparently.

Unusable, from what I got so far, assuming you have technical issues on your side of things, be it computing power or ping. It works flawlessly when your system is decent enough. But oh well, can't really blame people for that...

8 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

. None that I couldn't attribute to my own fault. So what are you people doing to butterfinger it so much that's it's a international issue ? What's happening here ?

Do you host the majority of your games?  

I find it most pronounced when I am a client.  Mashing E often gets confused with holding E.  I don't think it's a technique thing, but a result of internet connection.

I do pay for a good service, but I have old lines coming into home so at best I'm slightly above average on good days.  Combine that with someone else's connection (even though I set ping to 125), I am constantly losing my combo counter.  So much I just built everything for heavy attack.  

Now I can go back to other builds.  I like the change.  I would prefer a toggle, and I would use a 'hold button' in configurable controls as well, but for whatever reason, we can't have it.  At least now we can build for both.  

Edited by Educated_Beast

5 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Unusable, from what I got so far, assuming you have technical issues on your side of things, be it computing power or ping. It works flawlessly when your system is decent enough. But oh well, can't really blame people for that...

Don't know what you got, I tested numerous builds and weapons and aside for some dependance on the speed of the weapon it was mostly random.
My rig is new and good, my net is 1gbit and it happened in simulacrum as well.
There was no way you could predict when and how it will happen. Sometimes it never happened with the same inputs, other times it happened every few seconds, sometimes at the start, sometimes at max combo...random af.
So I don't get your trouble of having to press two buttons, at least it works when you want it to.

Edited by vegetosayajin