Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Can We Have Some Kind Of Delegated Hosting Of Keys Now ?

rksk16it

Seriously, so much time has passed since the introduction of horrible key system for voids, now we have two kinds of keys, and still no way of allowing a friend to host a game using my key.

I am not asking to "trade" key. Key should still be mine, mission should still abort if I crash or something.

I would also like a standardised UI feature to allow to host keys and randomly other players join just like we have for regular missions. This will prevent ten thousand LF/LFM per second in recruitment chat, which then can be used to assemble a group with certain peculiar requirements or something.

Hoping DE sometimes plan to add more features and less weapons in a patch, just for a change. Talking about features/fixes, a little quote from 4th October Community Hot Topics :

Future Updates

Taking a step back and fixing what’s broken before we throw new content is a constant balance. Content does keep many players interested, but bug fixing keeps them happy...

Ye, but currently, imho, the balance is almost as good as Volt vs Nova in a high level infested defense.

I think one of the problem is already stated by OP: "Key should still be mine, mission should still abort if I crash or something." It's not easy to code this, you know. yet it's important thing to do before we have Delegated Hosting. Unless it's just 'donating' the key, which means the donated one has no obligation to include the real key owner to the squad (because it will work just like usual key hosting).

Could we just have a system in place where the squad member with the lowest ping rating is the host? I mean, there could be the situation where the key owner DCs, or aborts, which could lead to exploits, but I would imagine that having a system in place where the key owner drops out, then the whole squad drops out.

I think one of the problem is already stated by OP: "Key should still be mine, mission should still abort if I crash or something." It's not easy to code this, you know. yet it's important thing to do before we have Delegated Hosting. Unless it's just 'donating' the key, which means the donated one has no obligation to include the real key owner to the squad (because it will work just like usual key hosting).

Is it harder to code than all the host migration that occurs in defense missions ? I doubt it is.

But lets assume for a moment it is, however hard I find it to believe, I'd be okay having an ability to "donate" key to someone else with no obligations than to have no other option but to host myself.

It's not easy to code this, you know.

So, the host stores a value that holds the information about whether the key donator is connected to the session or not. If he crashes or d/cs, the game regards his connection as timed out. If that happens, the game changes the value about the key donor on the host, and everybody is thrown back into the lobby.

So, the host stores a value that holds the information about whether the key donator is connected to the session or not. If he crashes or d/cs, the game regards his connection as timed out. If that happens, the game changes the value about the key donor on the host, and everybody is thrown back into the lobby.

Exactly.

It will require some coding though and designing a gui element for this thing. Sadly, this will take time away from designing new weapons or thinking about new ways to have players to farm stuff to farm other stuff to farm some more stuff to farm even more all based on RNG.

sure, if all of you say it's easy to do, it must be easy, right?

all sarcasm aside, i'm also thinking about what happen to us as key owner if we decide not to be the host. the main reason we don't want to host is because people can't join, and that's happening usually because of connection problem. so, if we want other people to host it, and if the mission will failure when we (the key owner) crashed or disconnected, isn't that the mission won't be able to played either way? because we will still have connection problem that disconnect us from others.

so even though they stop focusing to "designing new weapons or thinking about new ways to have players to farm stuff to farm other stuff to farm some more stuff to farm even more all based on RNG" this little problem remains.

but if we just donate the key and the donated person has no obligation to include us (the key owner) to the squad, then when the trading system is out i think we will get that too.

sure, if all of you say it's easy to do, it must be easy, right?

all sarcasm aside, i'm also thinking about what happen to us as key owner if we decide not to be the host. the main reason we don't want to host is because people can't join, and that's happening usually because of connection problem. so, if we want other people to host it, and if the mission will failure when we (the key owner) crashed or disconnected, isn't that the mission won't be able to played either way? because we will still have connection problem that disconnect us from others.

so even though they stop focusing to "designing new weapons or thinking about new ways to have players to farm stuff to farm other stuff to farm some more stuff to farm even more all based on RNG" this little problem remains.

but if we just donate the key and the donated person has no obligation to include us (the key owner) to the squad, then when the trading system is out i think we will get that too.

I didnt say its easy or hard, I said it shouldnt be harder than writing host migration code for defense missions when owner accepts the reward while rest of the team continues. So hard to understand isnt it ?

And no, things are a bit more complex than connection problems. Ever tried playing with players on opposite side of the world ? If three players live close together but the 4th one who has a key lives far apart, wouldnt it be better if a single player lag than three out of four lag ? Also, the key owner might be running on a connection with less upload bandwidth than download, making him able to play as client but not as host. Another reason I can think of is if user is running on a low-end machine, not good enough for hosting, but can handle playing as client.

If they stop focussing on bigger weapons with both bigger looks and bigger stats, lots of problems will get reduced, including this one.

Please give more arguments to why DE should keep adding crap without fixing/improving features.

I didnt say its easy or hard, I said it shouldnt be harder than writing host migration code for defense missions when owner accepts the reward while rest of the team continues. So hard to understand isnt it ?

And no, things are a bit more complex than connection problems. Ever tried playing with players on opposite side of the world ? If three players live close together but the 4th one who has a key lives far apart, wouldnt it be better if a single player lag than three out of four lag ? Also, the key owner might be running on a connection with less upload bandwidth than download, making him able to play as client but not as host. Another reason I can think of is if user is running on a low-end machine, not good enough for hosting, but can handle playing as client.

If they stop focussing on bigger weapons with both bigger looks and bigger stats, lots of problems will get reduced, including this one.

Please give more arguments to why DE should keep adding crap without fixing/improving features.

Eh I'm fairly certain the people who do the majority of the work around weapon design/creation have absolutely nothing at all what so ever to do with the network coding.  We see weapons come out bc they're easy and the art/animation team can't just sit around getting paid with their thumbs up their butts.

With that said, host delegation and all that jazz is definitely one of the few technical problems with the game that are problematic (small graphical issues are insignificant imo) and frankly irritating.  Host delegation is fine an dandy but I think the real solution is to let us just rent servers out and host matches there.  Better yet, allow clans to pitch in for big servers as well.  Client side hosting is cheap for them I get it, hosting your own farm or renting one is terribly expensive and likely not feasible but this should be  feasible and I'd much much rather they work on this over key delegation. 

Edited by Relkin

Eh I'm fairly certain the people who do the majority of the work around weapon design/creation have absolutely nothing at all what so ever to do with the network coding.  We see weapons come out bc they're easy and the art/animation team can't just sit around getting paid with their thumbs up their butts.

I would've thought that too, but by looking at some of their past few patches and last livestream, it almost appears like art and animation is the ONLY thing where game is making progress and the only area in which they keep the community updated. Its as if the bug fixing and balancing team, if it exists at all, only comes out once in six months or so.

Look at Design Council section, most of the things they show there are just pretty looking pictures of guns and primes. I dont remember they ever discussed about STATS of any weapon. Please note I am not arguing if existence of exclusive Design Council section of fourms is good or bad for community, I am just stating a fact.

Now look at all half-&#!'d balancing they did. Mag is bad ?? kk just give her a large AoE, if ppl still QQ we will increase range/dmg. Trinity's energy vampire is one of the most annoying spell in the game, completely breaks the pace of the game. How am I supposed to NOT kill an enemy while doing all the HUGE-AOE-KILL-EVERYTHING spells DE throws at us ? Ember... well, she is too tanky ? Eh.. nerf her. Her dmg is low ?? Armor 2.0 will fix it.

Speaking of armor 2.0, of which we still have almost no concrete information on how it will change things. Saying Armor 2.0 will fix it for any faults in game almost brings back the memories of WoW PvP balancing. Everytime they introduced a spell/ability which insta gibs everything else, it was same statement : "Resilience will fix it". Except resilience never really fixed anything, just made those imbalances slightly tolerable.

Same goes for network fixes, UI fixes, AI fixes (hostage specifically).... they are way too many to even list anywhere. And many of them are very old problems which were never fixed. Basically every patch brings more problems than the fixes. Look at how mod page of your frame weapon works.. the page numbers literally span an entire screen, looking ugly as **** and I dont know how am I supposed to go to first page when they go over the left edge of my screen.

With that said, host delegation and all that jazz is definitely one of the few technical problems with the game that are problematic (small graphical issues are insignificant imo) and frankly irritating.  Host delegation is fine an dandy but I think the real solution is to let us just rent servers out and host matches there.  Better yet, allow clans to pitch in for big servers as well.  Client side hosting is cheap for them I get it, hosting your own farm or renting one is terribly expensive and likely not feasible but this should be  feasible and I'd much much rather they work on this over key delegation. 

Renting servers is an awesome feature IF THEY EVER IMPLEMENT IT. Lets be real... the rate at which they fix things, by the time they will add such a huge feature I am guessing we will have found the cure for AIDS and a method to control nuclear fusion.

That is why I am asking for a small feature. They already have network migration codes which somewhat sometimes do work.

Edited by rksk16it

I support this idea.

Its also not the issue with the host ping it is the issue of how big their upload speed is.I have low ping but my upload is so low that when the enemy wave starts it all goes to crap when i'm hosting a game.

Edited by Fordays

There is one thing that bothers me with keys. I'm not a very good Host, so its pretty common place for people joining me to lag. Wish at least somebody else could create a party, invite me, let me use the key but with party leader being host. Just saying...

are you sure it shouldn't be harder? are you the coder? this isn't me trying to troll you, i'm just saying that we aren't the coders and we don't know which is harder or easier. unless you're a god.

but yeah, agree with the things more complex than connection problems. i just stated the most usual reason I know and experienced by myself. unless what happen to me never happen to other? how good is other people connection that only I ever experience the problem and devs shouldn't fix that before implementing things?

don't misundestood, I agree with devs should focus to balancing and fixing things. but comparing the two different work (creating new things and fixing things) i think isn't good. i mean like this, they need to know what is wrong with the content before they fix it. it isn't easy because most people only report the after effect, not the cause. it's mean they need to recreate the problem to know what the cause (example, report: Weapon A firerate is bugged!. what is the bug? slower? why is it slower? lag? why lag affect it? etc....). balancing, they need to get our feedback (and i mean, constructive feedback, not whining "feedback") and they still need to re-research how to balance that things.

While fixing and balancing need more time, creating stuff will be faster. Once again, I agree devs should focus to more fixing and balancing. I just say that I understand why they add content more often than bugfixing, and a little understanding isn't hurt anyone.

(btw, forgive me if you're offended in anyway. it's not my intention)

I had an idea for how to do a void queue system during the Corpus Void event. It got buried by the other issues people had with the event.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/93407-a-big-problem-with-the-event-no-void-queue-system/

Implementation Idea: This is one way implementing a void queue could be done.

Add an area for the void to the map. Add a mission for each void key type. Then allow players to unlock the ability to queue for them by trading in void keys.

Each key traded in would allow a player to queue for a mission until they had completed it 4 times. This would prevent people from trying to freeload for no effort.

The ability to manually join the void and invite people would still be in place for people that wanted to use it.

I would've thought that too, but by looking at some of their past few patches and last livestream, it almost appears like art and animation is the ONLY thing where game is making progress and the only area in which they keep the community updated. Its as if the bug fixing and balancing team, if it exists at all, only comes out once in six months or so.

Look at Design Council section, most of the things they show there are just pretty looking pictures of guns and primes. I dont remember they ever discussed about STATS of any weapon. Please note I am not arguing if existence of exclusive Design Council section of fourms is good or bad for community, I am just stating a fact.

Now look at all half-&#!'d balancing they did. Mag is bad ?? kk just give her a large AoE, if ppl still QQ we will increase range/dmg. Trinity's energy vampire is one of the most annoying spell in the game, completely breaks the pace of the game. How am I supposed to NOT kill an enemy while doing all the HUGE-AOE-KILL-EVERYTHING spells DE throws at us ? Ember... well, she is too tanky ? Eh.. nerf her. Her dmg is low ?? Armor 2.0 will fix it.

Speaking of armor 2.0, of which we still have almost no concrete information on how it will change things. Saying Armor 2.0 will fix it for any faults in game almost brings back the memories of WoW PvP balancing. Everytime they introduced a spell/ability which insta gibs everything else, it was same statement : "Resilience will fix it". Except resilience never really fixed anything, just made those imbalances slightly tolerable.

Same goes for network fixes, UI fixes, AI fixes (hostage specifically).... they are way too many to even list anywhere. And many of them are very old problems which were never fixed. Basically every patch brings more problems than the fixes. Look at how mod page of your frame weapon works.. the page numbers literally span an entire screen, looking ugly as **** and I dont know how am I supposed to go to first page when they go over the left edge of my screen.

Renting servers is an awesome feature IF THEY EVER IMPLEMENT IT. Lets be real... the rate at which they fix things, by the time they will add such a huge feature I am guessing we will have found the cure for AIDS and a method to control nuclear fusion.

That is why I am asking for a small feature. They already have network migration codes which somewhat sometimes do work.

Whoa there angry boy, ease off the throttle.  I think you're exaggerating a bit.. Yet i'm positive those people don't code - as I've stated we see that stuff because it's easy and 99% of the people wouldn't care/understand what others are doing so they'd have to super simplify it into a post a paragraph long that'd raise more questions (and knowing this absurd community, complaints about everything under the sun).  The animators/artists don't do the gun states obviously which is why you don't see them.  Notice I said the majority of people involved in weapon creation ect. in my op - stats are prob the last thing they do. 

Never was a WoW head hated the game bc it was trashy and couldn't stand the community so I'm not sure what you're referencing but I will say if the entire damage system is being overhauled then it doesn't make any sense to go around changing tons of crap before that because you'll just have to change everything again afterwards. 

Also not sure what you're talking about regarding the UI, the new UI is great can't say I've noticed any bugs with it.  This game isn't nearly as buggy as people say it is, I swear you people are making mountains out of mole mounds just so you can come to the forums and start a massive drama fest.

-Sometimes get stuck in the wall

-Connectivity/invite issues

-Rag doll exploit with ignis

-Clipping on some weapons

-Invisible Door

-UI stats sometimes require hovering mouse over another item before they update

-Sometimes (this hasn't happened to me in a very long time actually) enemies get stuck in walls

Those are the only notable bugs I can think of and a lot, like a crap ton of the small stuff (possibly invisible door too) is related to not being host/connectivity.  Dedicated/Rentable Servers man, that's the way to go.   Don't see how your perceived slowness of patching impacts that though since it'd likely be separate people making the server software.  Also their updates really aren't that bad, it's annoying to hear people bag on them every time they release an update especially because it usually over one stupid thing like a drop rate or something which is easily fixed (and generally fixed the same night) which somehow cancels out everything else they did.  

are you sure it shouldn't be harder? are you the coder? this isn't me trying to troll you, i'm just saying that we aren't the coders and we don't know which is harder or easier. unless you're a god.

but yeah, agree with the things more complex than connection problems. i just stated the most usual reason I know and experienced by myself. unless what happen to me never happen to other? how good is other people connection that only I ever experience the problem and devs shouldn't fix that before implementing things?

don't misundestood, I agree with devs should focus to balancing and fixing things. but comparing the two different work (creating new things and fixing things) i think isn't good. i mean like this, they need to know what is wrong with the content before they fix it. it isn't easy because most people only report the after effect, not the cause. it's mean they need to recreate the problem to know what the cause (example, report: Weapon A firerate is bugged!. what is the bug? slower? why is it slower? lag? why lag affect it? etc....). balancing, they need to get our feedback (and i mean, constructive feedback, not whining "feedback") and they still need to re-research how to balance that things.

While fixing and balancing need more time, creating stuff will be faster. Once again, I agree devs should focus to more fixing and balancing. I just say that I understand why they add content more often than bugfixing, and a little understanding isn't hurt anyone.

(btw, forgive me if you're offended in anyway. it's not my intention)

Well I definitely cant be sure if its harder or not. I've done some coding and this I understand that if a section of your code is bloated/messed up, then its significantly harder to fix than other parts of the software, even though in terms of features its a simple thing.

I agree with constructive feedback and not whining, but we as a community also expect some feedback on how they are taking our feedback. DE severly lacks in this area, except artwork related stuff. The only relevant responses we get from them is a little community hot topics which is posted like once a week or two probably and even in there they often end up giving a TLDR of their last livestream or they select VERY few topics. I cant see why they cant reply to topics in their OWN THREAD like you see on many other forums. That way they dont need to reply several dozen topics in a day, even if they choose to reply two or three gameplay/balannce topics, then constructive feedback has a meaning.

The person who took time to write a constructive feedback, will eventually fall to "whining feedback" because thats a natural instinct. If you say something to someone and your recipient doesnt hear it, you yell. If that doesnt work, you yell louder. The recipient might be hearing it very well, but he/she needs to respond so the former knows that whatever said is not falling on deaf ears.

-Sometimes get stuck in the wall

-Connectivity/invite issues

-Rag doll exploit with ignis

-Clipping on some weapons

-Invisible Door

-UI stats sometimes require hovering mouse over another item before they update

-Sometimes (this hasn't happened to me in a very long time actually) enemies get stuck in walls

Those are the only notable bugs I can think of and a lot, like a crap ton of the small stuff (possibly invisible door too) is related to not being host/connectivity.  Dedicated/Rentable Servers man, that's the way to go.   Don't see how your perceived slowness of patching impacts that though since it'd likely be separate people making the server software.  Also their updates really aren't that bad, it's annoying to hear people bag on them every time they release an update especially because it usually over one stupid thing like a drop rate or something which is easily fixed (and generally fixed the same night) which somehow cancels out everything else they did.  

- The page indicators of modding screen spanning the entire width. On my Trinity I wont be able to mod her probably cuz thanks to Well of Life drops some pages will be beyond the left edge of my screen.

- Accidently right clicking on contacts menu friends section locks in the UI. You cannot cancel that menu and you are stuck there. Often requiring restart of the game.

- The chatbox is still wonky and primitive at best. Often you are unable to click on tabs. Only way to start a mission and abort, or use "/*" commands. I still dont know the "/*" command for recruitment channel.

- They main topic of this thread : issue with keys. Did they learn nothing from sooo many other MMOs out there ? They all have "looking for" feature to queue for dungeons and raids. Warframe itself has this feature with locations on planets, no idea why they insist on keys.

Furthur, its not only about bugs, its also about balance. They literally take months to fix. I can state numerous examples but I can see you find DE's pace of fixing their game okay, so no point arguing over that. Its also not the topic of this thread.

Well I definitely cant be sure if its harder or not. I've done some coding and this I understand that if a section of your code is bloated/messed up, then its significantly harder to fix than other parts of the software, even though in terms of features its a simple thing.

I agree with constructive feedback and not whining, but we as a community also expect some feedback on how they are taking our feedback. DE severly lacks in this area, except artwork related stuff. The only relevant responses we get from them is a little community hot topics which is posted like once a week or two probably and even in there they often end up giving a TLDR of their last livestream or they select VERY few topics. I cant see why they cant reply to topics in their OWN THREAD like you see on many other forums. That way they dont need to reply several dozen topics in a day, even if they choose to reply two or three gameplay/balannce topics, then constructive feedback has a meaning.

The person who took time to write a constructive feedback, will eventually fall to "whining feedback" because thats a natural instinct. If you say something to someone and your recipient doesnt hear it, you yell. If that doesnt work, you yell louder. The recipient might be hearing it very well, but he/she needs to respond so the former knows that whatever said is not falling on deaf ears.

- The page indicators of modding screen spanning the entire width. On my Trinity I wont be able to mod her probably cuz thanks to Well of Life drops some pages will be beyond the left edge of my screen.

- Accidently right clicking on contacts menu friends section locks in the UI. You cannot cancel that menu and you are stuck there. Often requiring restart of the game.

- The chatbox is still wonky and primitive at best. Often you are unable to click on tabs. Only way to start a mission and abort, or use "/*" commands. I still dont know the "/*" command for recruitment channel.

- They main topic of this thread : issue with keys. Did they learn nothing from sooo many other MMOs out there ? They all have "looking for" feature to queue for dungeons and raids. Warframe itself has this feature with locations on planets, no idea why they insist on keys.

Furthur, its not only about bugs, its also about balance. They literally take months to fix. I can state numerous examples but I can see you find DE's pace of fixing their game okay, so no point arguing over that. Its also not the topic of this thread.

I think your talking about the numbers of mod pages?  I tend to burn mods when I get tons of useless dupes which is likely why I haven't had an issue with that. 

Can't say that locks up the UI in my game o__o

Not sure what you mean here?  I didn't even know you could start/abort missions via text commands....

Traditional MMO's are server hosted, this is client hosted - that makes it sort of difficult to do "dungeon queues" which frankly I hate anyways since you always get terrible rando's and with the key system they'd just be there for the free ride.  As I've stated numerous times in this thread, letting us rent servers is the way to go.  

Balance is a work in progress, I've been playing since closed beta and can tell you we're not nearly as OP as we used to be, trust me.  Things get better but this isn't your world of warcraft or w/e where they have tens of millions of dollars and hundreds upon hundreds of code monkeys to push S#&$ out.  You have to have realistic expectations dude you can't just expect them to wave a wand and have all your problems fixed in a single patch because that is never ever going to happen.  Things get incrementally better, trust me.  I've been around for quite some time and they have indeed gotten better. 

I think your talking about the numbers of mod pages?  I tend to burn mods when I get tons of useless dupes which is likely why I haven't had an issue with that. 

Can't say that locks up the UI in my game o__o

Not sure what you mean here?  I didn't even know you could start/abort missions via text commands....

Traditional MMO's are server hosted, this is client hosted - that makes it sort of difficult to do "dungeon queues" which frankly I hate anyways since you always get terrible rando's and with the key system they'd just be there for the free ride.  As I've stated numerous times in this thread, letting us rent servers is the way to go.  

Balance is a work in progress, I've been playing since closed beta and can tell you we're not nearly as OP as we used to be, trust me.  Things get better but this isn't your world of warcraft or w/e where they have tens of millions of dollars and hundreds upon hundreds of code monkeys to push S#&$ out.  You have to have realistic expectations dude you can't just expect them to wave a wand and have all your problems fixed in a single patch because that is never ever going to happen.  Things get incrementally better, trust me.  I've been around for quite some time and they have indeed gotten better. 

I already max'd most of the necessary mods : 2 serrations (1 for frame, 1 for pet), 1 hornet strike, 1 equilibrium, 1 vitality, 1 steel fiber. I dont use redirection cuz there are so many ways in the game which instantly deplete your shields (disruptors, nightmare, etc). Now I dont know what else to fuse (and useful to me as well).

Regarding queues, uhh.. warframe already has it.. with planet locations. If I want to do some peculiar setup on Xini, I can go on recruitment chat and ask for it, or wait for someone to host. But if I just want to go with randoms, I have the option to click on Xini and wait for the game to start. And most of the times I want just that, cuz I am farming mods and/or XP. I will take a well equipped frame who can probably solo first 20-30 waves, I want other players just to increase spawn rate. In that case I dont really care if they are bad, they are just there is all I need.

But.. I cant do that with keys... I have to spam Lf/Lfm on recruitment channel. And furthuremore I cannot even ask a friend/clanmate to host a game for me. In my case I have an issue with T3 defense. Most US players and some EU players will outrightly get DC by the end of 5th wave, whereas players in Hong Kong, Oceania etc will be having a smooth game (I am in India). So if three of my friends from US are online, I'd like one of them to host. Its one guy lagging vs three guys lagging, its a no brainer to understand which one is better.

I am okay with slow balance changes and bug fixing. Look at update 10. The whole new derelict system of farming to farm to farm was there, but no armor 2.0. Why wasnt it the OTHER way around ? All I am saying is :-

1. Balancing and bug fixing is probably their least priority. New maps, new frames, new weapons, shiny primes, new ways to farm-to-farm-to-farm etc is what gets priority.

2. Lack of feedback from DE on multiple constructive threads out there. I am not talking about my threads, I dont believe in wasting my time writing a looong constructive wall of text, which they probably wont bother to read. Even if they read it, I will never know cuz they never respond. I have seen some very good topics out there which were written very nicely, gaining pages after pages of approval but little or no response from DE. Take the example of Cells (and end game content idea, you can search for it in gameplay feedback section). What DE has done with it ? They have mentioned it at one or two places and thats it. It almost seems like they are hoping that we will eventually forget about it and stop asking for it.

Consider the case of Ember getting nerf, that can be achieved in two ways by DE :-

Method 1 :

Replying on any popular Ember topic that they dont want her to be a tank, but a damage dealer. The players will ofc raise objections that she is nowhere near as useful as Nova after a certain level, thus she needs her unique niche (ie. tankiness). DE can then respond that they will be addressing her damage when armor 2.0 will be worked out.

Method 2 :

Broadcasting on livestream : "We will nerf overheat, end of discussion, deal with it and GTFO". And when apply those changes a few days later. Who cares about a whining bunch of nerds on internet... I mean seriously...

What DE chose :  Method 2

Now consider the case of Saryn's Venom nerf, this case is interesting because it was as broken as ragdoll/ignis exploit.

Method 1 : Same as method 1 above in case of Ember. Notifying it on forums that they dont want this to happen. Maybe participate in a little discussion on how they plan to fix it in long term, and how they plan to band-aid fix it for short term.

Method 2 : Just nerf it and call it "performance improvement" in patch notes. Again, some tards will be whining.. duh..

What DE chose : Method 2

I already max'd most of the necessary mods : 2 serrations (1 for frame, 1 for pet), 1 hornet strike, 1 equilibrium, 1 vitality, 1 steel fiber. I dont use redirection cuz there are so many ways in the game which instantly deplete your shields (disruptors, nightmare, etc). Now I dont know what else to fuse (and useful to me as well).

Regarding queues, uhh.. warframe already has it.. with planet locations. If I want to do some peculiar setup on Xini, I can go on recruitment chat and ask for it, or wait for someone to host. But if I just want to go with randoms, I have the option to click on Xini and wait for the game to start. And most of the times I want just that, cuz I am farming mods and/or XP. I will take a well equipped frame who can probably solo first 20-30 waves, I want other players just to increase spawn rate. In that case I dont really care if they are bad, they are just there is all I need.

But.. I cant do that with keys... I have to spam Lf/Lfm on recruitment channel. And furthuremore I cannot even ask a friend/clanmate to host a game for me. In my case I have an issue with T3 defense. Most US players and some EU players will outrightly get DC by the end of 5th wave, whereas players in Hong Kong, Oceania etc will be having a smooth game (I am in India). So if three of my friends from US are online, I'd like one of them to host. Its one guy lagging vs three guys lagging, its a no brainer to understand which one is better.

I am okay with slow balance changes and bug fixing. Look at update 10. The whole new derelict system of farming to farm to farm was there, but no armor 2.0. Why wasnt it the OTHER way around ? All I am saying is :-

1. Balancing and bug fixing is probably their least priority. New maps, new frames, new weapons, shiny primes, new ways to farm-to-farm-to-farm etc is what gets priority.

2. Lack of feedback from DE on multiple constructive threads out there. I am not talking about my threads, I dont believe in wasting my time writing a looong constructive wall of text, which they probably wont bother to read. Even if they read it, I will never know cuz they never respond. I have seen some very good topics out there which were written very nicely, gaining pages after pages of approval but little or no response from DE. Take the example of Cells (and end game content idea, you can search for it in gameplay feedback section). What DE has done with it ? They have mentioned it at one or two places and thats it. It almost seems like they are hoping that we will eventually forget about it and stop asking for it.

Consider the case of Ember getting nerf, that can be achieved in two ways by DE :-

Method 1 :

Replying on any popular Ember topic that they dont want her to be a tank, but a damage dealer. The players will ofc raise objections that she is nowhere near as useful as Nova after a certain level, thus she needs her unique niche (ie. tankiness). DE can then respond that they will be addressing her damage when armor 2.0 will be worked out.

Method 2 :

Broadcasting on livestream : "We will nerf overheat, end of discussion, deal with it and GTFO". And when apply those changes a few days later. Who cares about a whining bunch of nerds on internet... I mean seriously...

What DE chose :  Method 2

Now consider the case of Saryn's Venom nerf, this case is interesting because it was as broken as ragdoll/ignis exploit.

Method 1 : Same as method 1 above in case of Ember. Notifying it on forums that they dont want this to happen. Maybe participate in a little discussion on how they plan to fix it in long term, and how they plan to band-aid fix it for short term.

Method 2 : Just nerf it and call it "performance improvement" in patch notes. Again, some tards will be whining.. duh..

What DE chose : Method 2

Ehhhh the exageration again dude you should really ease off that throttle because it really hurts what points you try to make.  Pretty sure DE never said "deal with it and GTFO" which you actually put in quotes man.....the sitch didn't go down exactly like that lol

There is this nifty new section in the forums called "Developer Workshop" that you should check out.  Armor 2.0 is a pretty massive change dude, it's not something that should be rushed.  They're still discussing how to go about it properly and it is something they should take their time on given the sort of impact it will have and frankly reworking damage, damage types, health, shields, armor, ect. for everything in game is sort of a huge overhaul.  

For the queues you're looking for not a dungeon finder but a node that people can go to without a key and get into a game.  Then the people hosting would have to....hit a special button I guess to open it up?  Eh, sure I guess w/e.  Still think server rentals is 100x more important.  Yes cells is on their radar but they have bigger fish to fry at the moment like armor 2.0 which had the entire community in an uproar until they said they were going to overhaul it.  Again, you seem to have this weird perspective regarding the amount of resources they have, or you just don't understand how much work goes into this S#&$.  

DE does read threads when they're posted in the right section but you can't expect these dudes to sit on the forums all day lol anyways you said yourself you can't be bothered to waste your time writing constructive feedback so I guess there is really no point in you posting any feedback at all.  You seem totes bitter and angry face so I'm gonna bounce from this thread and let you stew.  

Hey, I have a solution!!

Just make it possible for users to transfer ownership of keys to other players. that way, if my 56k connection sucks donkey kongs, I can just give my coveted t3 cap key to my buddy with his google fiber optic 900mpbs connection.

that should be a lot easier to code than the ideas mentioned above. maybe a right click menu option in inventory.

Edited by duenor

Ehhhh the exageration again dude you should really ease off that throttle because it really hurts what points you try to make.  Pretty sure DE never said "deal with it and GTFO" which you actually put in quotes man.....the sitch didn't go down exactly like that lol

DE does read threads when they're posted in the right section but you can't expect these dudes to sit on the forums all day lol anyways you said yourself you can't be bothered to waste your time writing constructive feedback so I guess there is really no point in you posting any feedback at all.  You seem totes bitter and angry face so I'm gonna bounce from this thread and let you stew.  

Exaggeration is fully intended, in fact I dont think its an exaggeration at all. If you implement a drastic change which has a potential to completely ruin a frame, without first entering into any form of discussion or a detailed explanation, then that basically means "deal with it or GTFO". You can sugar coat it whatever way you like.

Regarding your last paragraph, I think you finally got my point. DE gives no responses, so you believe in either one of these things :-

1. They are reading it

2. They are not reading it.

You chose to believe #1, I chose to believe #2. I have a reason to believe in #2 cuz the changes they make to the game seem to completely disregard the community. The reason you believe in #1 is... well, I dont know, maybe they said somewhere that they read it so you take their word for granted it seems.

And making two to three official posts a day, especially in popular constructive topics takes "whole day" ? And you talk about me exaggerating.. yea fine, cya.

I think it'd be a good idea to have group finder system for keys. The only thing that would worry me is that people might become lazy and just stop farming keys all together and abuse the system. I think that you should be given a certain amount of times a day or even a week that you can use this maybe 10 times a day you can q for a group for a specific key. And hopefully get rid of the whole LF t3Survival in recruiting chat. 

I think it'd be a good idea to have group finder system for keys. The only thing that would worry me is that people might become lazy and just stop farming keys all together and abuse the system. I think that you should be given a certain amount of times a day or even a week that you can use this maybe 10 times a day you can q for a group for a specific key. And hopefully get rid of the whole LF t3Survival in recruiting chat. 

I've been doing T3 defenses all day for multiple days without using a single T3 def key. How do I do it ? By joining groups in recruiting or clanmates/friends inviting me.

If I have a key, and I want to host, and I WANT 3 randoms with me, I dont care if they are lazy to farm a key or not. I am using my key, thats it.