Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas to fix Nyx

(PSN)Borengar629

Hello everyone,

I have seen that there are many posts on this topic already and so I thought I give my own thoughts and opinion on the matter as I play mainly Nyx and she is to this day my favorite Warframe.

That being said I still feel that she has plenty of problems that needs to be addressed for her to become relevant again. I admit that the decision to post this is a result of watching Brozime's 2020 roster review and Nyx being declared the single worst Warframe in the game.

First of I feel that her theme is beyond awesome but is not reflected by her kit at all. And this is why I would get rid of her current 4 altogether depite knowing that most will instantly dismiss my proposal because of this. But in my opinion messing with enemies' minds has nothing to do with absorbing damage. It simply breaks the theme in my opinion. So if you have an open mind I invite you to read on. Without further ado my idea for a new Nyx kit:

Passive: Distraction - As Nyx constantly messes with the minds of her enemies it takes them tremendous concentration to focus on her. Enemies receive a 25 % chance of missing Nyx with ranged attacks per status they are afflicted with. When they suffer from 4 statuses they are no longer able to hit her and lose interest in attacking her altogether.

1: Blind Spot - Cast in an area around Nyx. Nyx suggests to all enemies hit by the ability that she and all of her allies within her direct line of sight are simply not there. Dealing damage to enemies will then have them flee in terror for a brief period of time.

Scaling: Range and duration

Augment: Infiltrator - Enemies affected by Blind Spot receive increased finisher damage. Enemies killed while being affected have a 75 % chance of dropping energy.

2: Hallucinate - Cast in a cone in front of Nyx. Nyx suggests to all enemies hit by the ability that their armor is on fire. Enemies will strip their armor while being stuck in place during the process.

Scaling: Armor debuff strength, range, duration

Augment: Fever Dream - Enemies affected by Hallucinate will also drop their weapons. Enemies killed while being affected have a 75 % chance of dropping health.

3: Chaos - Chaos can basically stay the same as it is because it is the theme defining ability in her kit right now. It's downside has always been that Nyx is still likely to be shot at and killed if afflicted enemies have no other enemies around them. That is remedied for the most part with the new passive and her 1.

Scaling: Range and duration

Augment: (Chaos Sphere is fine but I'd prefer) Turmoil - Chaos becomes recastable but everytime it is recast with at least one affected enemies still being alive it's costs get increased by 25 %. Debuff only runs out if there are no affected enemies left.

4: Enslave - I always liked mind control and thought it should be approved upon because it is also really thematic for Nyx. Enlsave would permanently take control of an enemy and becomes a drain ability. The kicker than would be that the slave would get a damage and health buff that would keep on stacking the longer Nyx controls him. When Nyx releases her slave or her energy runs out the released slave would suffer damage equal to the damage he dealt and received while being under Nyx's control. While being controlled the slave is immune to all other buffs and debuffs.

Scaling: Buff stacking via duration, strength

Augment: Psycic Spurs - The buff stacks faster and the slave taunts all enemies in his sight every few seconds.

I know that these changes would not please everyone but they would at least a keep the theme intact throughout the entire kit and b reward for a more active playstyle because it would allow for Nyx to get more in the face of enemies even without a damage reduction buff - which like I said I think does not fit her theme at all.

I still hope at least some of you like this approach. Bye for now.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Borengar629 said:

messing with enemies' minds has nothing to do with absorbing damage. It simply breaks the theme in my opinion

She's not exclusively mind control. Think Jean Grey. She's both mind control and telekinesis. Don't think of Psychic Bolts as an illusionary thing. It is removing armor and shields, think of it as telekinetically prying the armor away from their bodies to provide an opening, or jamming their shield generator.

But I agree she needs a rework, as much as I love her.

4: Enslave

This can actually stay as her 1 with most of your suggestions included. There's already more powerful 1 abilities in the game than this, so no reason to make her hold back. Her Mind Control should naturally increase in damage dealt and attack speed over the time she controls them after the initial damage absorption phase. So you have room to come up with another 4th ability now.

Passive: Distraction

Her current passive of lowering enemy accuracy is nearly useless but I like your idea of a stacking effect though in addition to the current accuracy reduction. Since she's not a "status" based frame it might be better to change the trigger to something that naturally occurs during her normal gameplay or with her kit. Maybe every time an enemy attacks her, whether it hits or misses (to benefit from the default accuracy reduction), they get stacks up to 100% chance to pacify the enemy. 

1: Blind Spot - Cast in an area around Nyx. Nyx suggests to all enemies hit by the ability that she and all of her allies within her direct line of sight are simply not there. Dealing damage to enemies will then have them flee in terror for a brief period of time.

This could be neat. If it's a stationary area it can be useful for defense objectives, but I think it would be a bit broken if the full team can keep the invisibility outside that area. The terror mechanic may be a bit counter-intuitive since it makes the enemies you and your team are trying to kill run away.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Borengar629 said:

2: Hallucinate - Cast in a cone in front of Nyx. Nyx suggests to all enemies hit by the ability that their armor is on fire. Enemies will strip their armor while being stuck in place during the process

This seems like an illusionary, conal version of Psychic Bolts, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Again though, too much redundant cc can be counter-intuitive. Just changing Psychic Bolts to affect all enemies in a cone would be nice. They could just add the Infested Slow effect to all targets affected by the ability.

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-

Passive: Distraction - As Nyx constantly messes with the minds of her enemies it takes them tremendous concentration to focus on her. Enemies receive a 25 % chance of missing Nyx with ranged attacks per status they are afflicted with. When they suffer from 4 statuses they are no longer able to hit her and lose interest in attacking her altogether.

That is a very interesting mechanic!! What if enemies simply affected by radiation wont attack her too!! Simply because it confuses them already which means their minds should be more easily influenced!

This over mind control? Nah i like her first ability a little bit. It just still needs to scale off of the players damage better, somehow.

In my opinion.

2: Hallucinate - Cast in a cone in front of Nyx. Nyx suggests to all enemies hit by the ability that their armor is on fire. Enemies will strip their armor while being stuck in place during the process.

Nah i prefer psych bolts for her 2, over this one if her passive was changed to the idea you presented

: Chaos - Chaos can basically stay the same as it is because it is the theme defining ability in her kit right now. It's downside has always been that Nyx is still likely to be shot at and killed if afflicted enemies have no other enemies around them. That is remedied for the most part with the new passive and her 1.

Agreeedd

Enslave - I always liked mind control and thought it should be approved upon because it is also really thematic for Nyx. Enlsave would permanently take control of an enemy and becomes a drain ability. The kicker than would be that the slave would get a damage and health buff that would keep on stacking the longer Nyx controls him. When Nyx releases her slave or her energy runs out the released slave would suffer damage equal to the damage he dealt and received while being under Nyx's control. While being controlled the slave is immune to all other buffs and debuffs.

Sounds like its too close to nekros in my opinion, except a little worst. Id rather her 4th stay the same except it would knock enemies out on tge ground longer, the more damage absorbed.

But yea, i love that passive ability idea