Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fixed!] Oberon Prime's back tabard is mispositoned

NightmareT12

Been reporting this for a long time now, but with the unvaulting coming soon I figured it might be worth trying again.

Oberon Prime's back tabard has an excessive cloth collision on the lower legs area.

EDIT 04/04/2020: SOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It turns out it's not the tabard cloth physics that's wrong. After checking the Codex and my Oberon Prime noggle, I have discovered that the whole back tabard piece is MISPOSITIONED.

It's sitting lower and tilted at an angle inside for reasons:

Here's the Codex. Please, note where it is attached:

wOb0DA3.jpg

Here is a comparision with Oberon Prime in game. Please, note his lower back clips through the attachment point and the whole thing starts at a lower point:

72ifi3t.png

Here is Oberon Prime in the arsenal. Note how the tabard (including the attachment point with the horns) is tilted:

v4kwepO.pngVJuHTYK.png

And here is the noggle, which is also fine:

LU6a2Mw.jpg

84gkrh7.jpg

rBGZW2H.jpg

I'm guessing this might have been sitting at the wrong place for years. For the love of all that's good please, please fix our goatframe Art team. It's been 3 years TT_TT

Thanks for your time.

16 hours ago, LokiTheCondom said:

and using the vanilla skin on prime gives him a bulge. 

Yah, but I think this is due how the base models work, which were a bug. Apparently they're not supposed to be there and DE rolled with it. Had it been properly done, it would inherit the base model's physics and collisions I believe.

It's something widespread definitely, I hope some day they decide to work on these features and make them proper. I think it can be fixed though, going by Ivara / Prime and helmets 🙂

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

I miss Mynki. These newer artists, I hate to say, don't know how to make authentic looking Primes.

Oi oi! The Art team is as good as ever! Of course things will look different, as art ultimately is very personal. Mynki's work is very different from Ray's, and Ray's is very different from Skyers', for instance. I think many of them look really great (or else, I wouldn't have gotten the PAs) and obviously they do follow the same artistic "rules" (ie: difference in colors, why sometimes the mesh goes a certain way, etc.). I always study each Prime and compare it to their base, and to this day most, if not all, follow the rules properly (with some liberties in specific cases).

Of course I do wonder sometimes "what if Mynki had designed this?", but that doesn't mean their work is bad by any means. All Primes so far are very much authentic (or else, I'd be the first one to criticize them in this regard, as I've already done with some decisions regarding the weapon default color schemes).

But we should be careful with how we word our thoughts and critics, it must be very heartbreaking and demoralizing to read our comments sometimes.

8 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Oi oi! The Art team is as good as ever! Of course things will look different, as art ultimately is very personal. Mynki's work is very different from Ray's, and Ray's is very different from Skyers', for instance. I think many of them look really great (or else, I wouldn't have gotten the PAs) and obviously they do follow the same artistic "rules" (ie: difference in colors, why sometimes the mesh goes a certain way, etc.). I always study each Prime and compare it to their base, and to this day most, if not all, follow the rules properly (with some liberties in specific cases).

Of course I do wonder sometimes "what if Mynki had designed this?", but that doesn't mean their work is bad by any means. All Primes so far are very much authentic (or else, I'd be the first one to criticize them in this regard, as I've already done with some decisions regarding the weapon default color schemes).

But we should be careful with how we word our thoughts and critics, it must be very heartbreaking and demoralizing to read our comments sometimes.

You're right, I am being a bit harsh. But if I don't communicate how I feel then they will never improve. I'm not trying to intentionally put anyone down, I just want them to really put their heart and soul into making Primes because I know they can do an amazing job if they do. 

But Titania Prime's release just totally set me off because I felt like it was half baked. Her signature syandana doesn't sit well on really anything (because of the little protrusions underneath it). Her Prime exalted weapons look like they are missing something, at least Dex Pixia is. And all of this topped off with the low quality textures.

I've seen what DE can do and I know they can do a lot better. I thought we would get something that looked at least better than the deluxe. 

I think it's more that the art team has a lot on their plates and they're being rushed? Hard to put out great work if you're being rushed.

But I'm still going to argue that something needs to be done about whatever it is that's causing the low resolution textures on all the new primes. A lot of the Tennogen doesn't seem to have this problem so it's something DE started doing. If this problem was dealt with I would be a LOT more happy.

Anyways, thanks for the nice discussion. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived