Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CHAT BOX ISN'T WORKING

Grognakthedestroyer

Question

9 answers to this question

Welcome to the forums tenno ^.^ 

Thats chat connexions issue.

Yeah either port fowarding issue or firewall.

Just a quick question do you also have trouble with match making ?

Do you have any other computer on your network you can try this on ?

Just to see if its not only on this computer ^.^ 

1 hour ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

That just means that your client was unable to connect to the chat server.  You could look into forwarding your ports, though if only your chat is having an issue then it's probably something else.  How long have you been unable to connect to the chat server?

how do i forward not a techy guy i just play games but yeah the rest of the game is fine its just the chat

1 hour ago, trunks013 said:

Welcome to the forums tenno ^.^ 

Thats chat connexions issue.

Yeah either port fowarding issue or firewall.

Just a quick question do you also have trouble with match making ?

Do you have any other computer on your network you can try this on ?

Just to see if its not only on this computer ^.^ 

im not sure how i port forward if you cant show me then that would be greatly appreciated my match making is 

working perfectly fine and know i only have the one computer on my network

8 minutes ago, Grognakthedestroyer said:

im not sure how i port forward if you cant show me then that would be greatly appreciated my match making is 

working perfectly fine and know i only have the one computer on my network

Okidoki

Thats going to be the funny part i guess then ^.^ 

You use windows right ? ( mac and windows will have different procedure )

On windows you can press the Windows Key on your keyboard and the R key ( so WinKey + R ) 

Its gonna open an Execute command prompt( otherwise in windows 10 you can write it directly in cortana ) in that execute box you will write "CMD" and press enter

Thats gonna open a scary black box

In that scary black box also known as DOS command prompt you will write "ipconfig /all" and press enter

Its gonna show you all config for network for your current computer including your local ip and you default gateway ( it will look something like 192.168.X.X  most of the time 192.168.0.1 on a bunch of Dlinks and others ) .

Type the adress of your default gateway int a browser like Chrome or even edge or Internet explorer ( beware some of them will require to enter http:// before your adress ) and press enter

That will bring you into your router and/or modem from that point you will have to enter the proper password to acess it and in that you will have a port fowarding section

Where you will be able to enter 

TCP: 6695-6699

UDP: 4950,4955

to point to your initialy provided ip adress .

here is a source that might help you https://portforward.com/help/warframe/

I can provide you with a more detailed instructions guide if you want.

If that does not resolve your problem try just for a moment to disable all firewall on your computer if it works then you will need to configure them to let Warframe trought those sames ports ^.^ 

6 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Okidoki

Thats going to be the funny part i guess then ^.^ 

You use windows right ? ( mac and windows will have different procedure )

On windows you can press the Windows Key on your keyboard and the R key ( so WinKey + R ) 

Its gonna open an Execute command prompt( otherwise in windows 10 you can write it directly in cortana ) in that execute box you will write "CMD" and press enter

Thats gonna open a scary black box

In that scary black box also known as DOS command prompt you will write "ipconfig /all" and press enter

Its gonna show you all config for network for your current computer including your local ip and you default gateway ( it will look something like 192.168.X.X  most of the time 192.168.0.1 on a bunch of Dlinks and others ) .

Type the adress of your default gateway int a browser like Chrome or even edge or Internet explorer ( beware some of them will require to enter http:// before your adress ) and press enter

That will bring you into your router and/or modem from that point you will have to enter the proper password to acess it and in that you will have a port fowarding section

Where you will be able to enter 

TCP: 6695-6699

UDP: 4950,4955

to point to your initialy provided ip adress .

here is a source that might help you https://portforward.com/help/warframe/

I can provide you with a more detailed instructions guide if you want.

If that does not resolve your problem try just for a moment to disable all firewall on your computer if it works then you will need to configure them to let Warframe trought those sames ports ^.^ 

i've found it now i'm more confused

Edited by Grognakthedestroyer

10 minutes ago, Grognakthedestroyer said:

no idk what this means but it keeps saying this https://gyazo.com/7b361e986ff1cb8cd42b2a4cfefcb7ce

Oh not the way they were suposed to be entered.

Local start port and local end port for local and remote should be the same in that case so basicly 

one entry in TCP protocol

6695 to 6699 in local AND external

and another entry in UDP protocol

4950 to 4955 in local AND external

both pointing to your local ip adress ^.^