Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A universe at war

Mithrah

This is an old idea. Really, it just needs to be player vs players' enemies. Meaning we dont kill frames, just enemies owned by opposition. 

Hired. If you will. 

The one thing pvp doesnt need is tweaked movement. It should be as chaotic and fast as the normal gameplay regardless of any goal or mechanic. 

Truth be told, i had a ds rework suggestion from years back that was esentially gradivus dilemma vs clans that have deployed rails into dark sectors.  Do missions to score points against that clan. And in it, all clans could deploy. Rewards were pretty abundant but limited in scope based on paths. So youd support numerous clans across the star chart, clearing sectors in their name, based on rewards you intended to work toward. The rewards a clan could offer was unlocked via standing earned for competing and also for victories. This way, an alliance of several clans could all work toward separate reward goals, and have an incentive to support eachother in various conflicts. 

Think of it as the north and south us racing to claim the midwest. Each army composed of state militia. And each militia offering different pay.  

6 hours ago, (PS4)STR8L8CED said:

If the community got really involved in pvp the devs would take notice real quick. Pvp is a niche group as with a lot of games that are largely PVE that have PVP. I hope you all get what you want, I really do but I wouldnt hold my breath.

There are clans out there with research that has been locked for approaching 5 years due to certain pvp  content being "temporarily" locked. All I want is a return of that in some form, or the research either unlocked or removed. Putting forward ideas may help that, which is why I've posted some ideas. May amount to something, may not. But not saying anything means the chance is absolutely zero

16 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

This is an old idea. Really, it just needs to be player vs players' enemies. Meaning we dont kill frames, just enemies owned by opposition. 

Hired. If you will. 

The one thing pvp doesnt need is tweaked movement. It should be as chaotic and fast as the normal gameplay regardless of any goal or mechanic. 

Truth be told, i had a ds rework suggestion from years back that was esentially gradivus dilemma vs clans that have deployed rails into dark sectors.  Do missions to score points against that clan. And in it, all clans could deploy. Rewards were pretty abundant but limited in scope based on paths. So youd support numerous clans across the star chart, clearing sectors in their name, based on rewards you intended to work toward. The rewards a clan could offer was unlocked via standing earned for competing and also for victories. This way, an alliance of several clans could all work toward separate reward goals, and have an incentive to support eachother in various conflicts. 

Think of it as the north and south us racing to claim the midwest. Each army composed of state militia. And each militia offering different pay.  

I think a more Lore friendly way of handling it, is to have different tier ds nodes. Where a clan must conquer nodes on a path towards a larger alliance tier node. Each paying out a different tier as well. That way you must choose a set path and would require a lot of effort to turn your course for a different node. The energy used to power the rail should also degrade over time. And should most definitely have pvp. Even archwing pvp if you can swing it. Remember, no other game mode has kept such a loyal following for so long after it was removed.

PvP isn't a niche community, it's the largest community in the world. PvE players and mob killers are a niche. While, yes, a large portion of your community falls within that actual niche. But that is largely due to decisions made about armistice. When your biggest update yet, only draws a return of about 20k more tenno than your normal numbers, then you'll see that even within that niche community of PvE bot killers, there is a large demand from competitive endgame.

Edited by (XB1)CFE Vulari
I took out the destiny part, because that trashcan of a game doesn't deserve mentioning

10 hours ago, (XB1)CFE Vulari said:

I think a more Lore friendly way of handling it, is to have different tier ds nodes. Where a clan must conquer nodes on a path towards a larger alliance tier node. Each paying out a different tier as well. That way you must choose a set path and would require a lot of effort to turn your course for a different node. The energy used to power the rail should also degrade over time. And should most definitely have pvp. Even archwing pvp if you can swing it. Remember, no other game mode has kept such a loyal following for so long after it was removed.

PvP isn't a niche community, it's the largest community in the world. PvE players and mob killers are a niche. While, yes, a large portion of your community falls within that actual niche. But that is largely due to decisions made about armistice. When your biggest update yet, only draws a return of about 20k more tenno than your normal numbers, then you'll see that even within that niche community of PvE bot killers, there is a large demand from competitive endgame.

Aye, this is the type of thing I've mentioned before, albeit slightly differently. My idea was that there were no alliance rails to deploy, it would depend on if the clans in that alliance held the majority of nodes in a planet.

16 hours ago, (XB1)CFE Vulari said:

Perhaps

But lets not fail to recognize that the biggest update yet was a sort of bare bones skeleton of what everyone expected. Im sure more than 20k came back. 20k stayed. Hopeful that imorovements to the system counter this initial trend. 

This is an amazing idea. 

I use to play DC Universe Online and they had something similar.

You could pvp with your own, overpowered, super heroes or villains or you could do "Legends" which was basic, less OP pvp with characters like Sinestro, Donna Troy, Superman etc.

It was the place we went when you wanted to prove: "Can you actually fight without your op modded out character?"

You're either Carried or you have chops!

4 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

Perhaps

But lets not fail to recognize that the biggest update yet was a sort of bare bones skeleton of what everyone expected. Im sure more than 20k came back. 20k stayed. Hopeful that imorovements to the system counter this initial trend. 

I would like to see the steam data on the size of the playerbase on given dates to confirm my suspicions of what he is saying about the numbers of players who returned but I don't know how to gain access to them..

On 2020-02-07 at 11:21 PM, Reakacemrz said:

give gun to operator and make a interesting lore for why and make normal pvp fps it will be lot better than this current state

Operator PvP doesn't quite fit the advantages that Warframe has over other games in terms of gameplay design and movement mechanics. It would be wise to play to those strengths.

• Like 1

On 2020-02-09 at 11:27 AM, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

This is an amazing idea. 

I use to play DC Universe Online and they had something similar.

You could pvp with your own, overpowered, super heroes or villains or you could do "Legends" which was basic, less OP pvp with characters like Sinestro, Donna Troy, Superman etc.

It was the place we went when you wanted to prove: "Can you actually fight without your op modded out character?"

You're either Carried or you have chops!

Oh man you have no idea how awesome dark sectors were. Tens of thousands of players vrs tens of thousands of other players in an all out objective based game mode. I cant post the link here because he swears a lot, but check out the Warframe Content creator Evanz111 and his video titles "Dark Sectors are Amazing" . He admittedly had never ran one before, so you don't get to see the first two door locks as he came in late to the game, but explains it fairly well. And keep in mind this video was made when Warframe still had a physics mechanic...

• Like 1

On 2020-02-09 at 10:16 AM, PookieNumnums said:

Perhaps

I think 20k is a tad bit optimistic.

On 2020-02-08 at 2:15 AM, PookieNumnums said:

Hired. If you will. 

Yeah, I'm sure there are better ideas out there. I only proposed this as a possible PVP mode because:

1. The assets are all there: I mean you've seen it yourself just on some of the replies to this thread how some players view any development toward PVP. (as a waste of time) With my suggestion you already have the enemies models, a majority of their animations, the types of 'powers' they could have. (Even a basic grineer trooper deploys those inflatable barricades, all of that could be used in a PVP mode.) And bosses/characters that could be used as hero units that have personalities and lore we know and love. So it would take minimal effort to take whats already there and repurpose it for this mode.

2. It wouldnt affect PVE in the game because it is its own thing: PVP in most games are balanced around its movement. Enemies in warframe aren't necessarily slow, but they have a more consistent range of movement you can balance the mode around. Warframes like Ne Zha, Volt, and Gauss instantly have insane movement speed advantages, Titania has flight, all of these factors play into why PVP with Warframes are difficult to balance around. This removes warframe movement and powers from the discussion entirely. Meaning that Warframes wouldnt get changed based on PVP metas. Weapons in this mode wouldnt have access to the mods of PVE, so there wouldnt be an affect there either. They could be isolated from each other, and not make PVE exclusive players mad.

3. The future content creates itself: One of the main arguments against PVP being developed in the game is that it would take too much time away from PVE content drops, but in this instance, since the enemies themselves/powers/boss fights/etc are the repurposed content of what I suggested, the PVE would build the PVP at the same time. There wouldnt be a need for brainstorming new ideas for what to add to this PVP game mode, because they would literally be doing that already by making PVE content. 

So this suggestion was born out of. How to keep the PVE playerbase happy, while giving the PVP players something new, engaging, and constantly evolving.

3 hours ago, Mithrah said:

Yeah, I'm sure there are better ideas out there. I only proposed this as a possible PVP mode because:

1. The assets are all there: I mean you've seen it yourself just on some of the replies to this thread how some players view any development toward PVP. (as a waste of time) With my suggestion you already have the enemies models, a majority of their animations, the types of 'powers' they could have. (Even a basic grineer trooper deploys those inflatable barricades, all of that could be used in a PVP mode.) And bosses/characters that could be used as hero units that have personalities and lore we know and love. So it would take minimal effort to take whats already there and repurpose it for this mode.

2. It wouldnt affect PVE in the game because it is its own thing: PVP in most games are balanced around its movement. Enemies in warframe aren't necessarily slow, but they have a more consistent range of movement you can balance the mode around. Warframes like Ne Zha, Volt, and Gauss instantly have insane movement speed advantages, Titania has flight, all of these factors play into why PVP with Warframes are difficult to balance around. This removes warframe movement and powers from the discussion entirely. Meaning that Warframes wouldnt get changed based on PVP metas. Weapons in this mode wouldnt have access to the mods of PVE, so there wouldnt be an affect there either. They could be isolated from each other, and not make PVE exclusive players mad.

3. The future content creates itself: One of the main arguments against PVP being developed in the game is that it would take too much time away from PVE content drops, but in this instance, since the enemies themselves/powers/boss fights/etc are the repurposed content of what I suggested, the PVE would build the PVP at the same time. There wouldnt be a need for brainstorming new ideas for what to add to this PVP game mode, because they would literally be doing that already by making PVE content. 

So this suggestion was born out of. How to keep the PVE playerbase happy, while giving the PVP players something new, engaging, and constantly evolving.

Well, I hate to break it to you, but the people who play PvP in Warframe don't play it because it is PvP in Waframe. They play it because it is Warframe PvP. Changing it into some sort of cringey grineer vs corpus mode would alienate the people who will play it anyway.

49 minutes ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

Well, I hate to break it to you, but the people who play PvP in Warframe don't play it because it is PvP in Waframe. They play it because it is Warframe PvP. Changing it into some sort of cringey grineer vs corpus mode would alienate the people who will play it anyway.

You may be right. Its the best I've got though.

1 minute ago, Mithrah said:

You may be right. Its the best I've got though.

It's a good idea. It's just that the people that you are marketing it to don't play PvP to begin with. I, for one, would be open to playing the mode. I've so far enjoyed every mode of PvP that has been in Warframe. I just don't think others in the community will.