Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it now possible to obtain the same kuva weapon twice in a row?

ArchMagisterPrime

Question

24 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, (PS4)WeWillNotWin said:

Unless I missed something in the streams and patch notes, the chance of a weapon is still random and independent of what you previously got.

Before the last changes they changed the weapons to be able to never get the same weapon twice in a row.So it is dependant on the one you previously get in the point you can't get it again right after.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)WeWillNotWin said:

Unless I missed something in the streams and patch notes, the chance of a weapon is still random and independent of what you previously got.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1142475-the-old-blood-hotfix-2607/

"Back-to-back Duplicates - Your Kuva Lich will no longer have the same weapon twice in a row. While you may get a duplicated weapon down the road, your Kuva Lich will have a guaranteed different weapon than its immediate predecessor. "

so it did change?

@ArchMagisterPrime Kuva Lich generation as a whole changed. You will now see what weapon your kuva lich would give you when you knock them out and wait a few moments until they are kneeling on the ground. You can then decide whether you want to generate the lich with that weapon you saw above their head and the element your Warframe gives or just walk away. When you decide to walk away, you can get the exact same weapon in the next run displaying above their head, I had two Kuva Ogris in a row.

The post you are refering to - the one with the back-to-back duplicates - is from when you couldn't see the weapon above their head. It was implemented after the initial kuva lich release to do away with atleast a little bit of frustration.

Edited by Vespilan

I'm curious about this, too. If OP and I are on the same thought-path, it's not questioning if a Kuva Larvling is able to generate two Nukors in a row (or other weapons) after you choose not to Spawn a Lich and redo the mission hoping for another weapon.

I'm wondering myself if, once you have either Vanquished or Converted a Lich with a Karak; can another Karak be generated by subsequent Kuva Larvlings without spawning another Lich in-between?

At the rate I'm going for spawning Brammas back-to-back I'm losing hope that it's possible, but I'm still trying...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)tronero17 said:

..can I not get another Chakkhurr until I get a lich with something else?

Yes, that's correct. I was unsuccessful at generating the same weapon two liches in a row. It seems the design is still set to prevent generation of the same weapon that your previous generated Lich weapon was.

I hope they address this. What was designed to help us with the previous system is now impeding us from being able to progress with the new/current system. Its not like Liches are a quick (murmur) thing you can get done in a few minutes...

Edited by (PS4)Bubozk3

hace 17 horas, (PS4)Bubozk3 dijo:

Yes, that's correct. I was unsuccessful at generating the same weapon two liches in a row. It seems the design is still set to prevent generation of the same weapon that your previous generated Lich weapon was.

I hope they address this. What was designed to help us with the previous system is now impeding us from being able to progress with the new/current system. Its not like Liches are a quick (murmur) thing you can get done in a few minutes...

So I have to kill a lich before I can even have a chance at getting another Chakkhurr?

• Like 1

that is... really dumb. why does it feel like they have zero foresight on obvious issues every time they release something..  when i read that you could upgrade the kuva weapons i assumed they reverted not being able to get the same weapon again. unsurprisingly, i guess they did not.

• Like 1

i'd hope it's not still there, the 'anti-repetition' measure was already borderline useless before (only useful if you are just looking to farm Mastery, not if you're actually planning on acquiring stuff) or even worse, and if it's still there now, it's just straight up an anti-Player measure, as usual.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Talinthis said:

Why does it feel like they have zero foresight on obvious issues every time they release something.

It does feel very piece-meal a lot of the times. It could be that I'm just a victim of bad RNG, but I think that's not the case. I've come to this conclusion because...

I decided to build a Bramma by completing only the Capture mission on Cassini, Saturn.

My 1st attempt took 1/12 tries to generate a Bramma Larvling at 31% Radiation. Defeated Lich. 

My 2nd attempt to generate a Bramma Larvling I did not keep count. After less than an hour repeating this same mission back-to-back, I got bored and (by accident) was on auto-drive and Mercied a Drakgoon Larvling. I was pissed. I even aborted the mission hoping it wouldn't take. Screen flickered, cursing. Defeated Lich.

My 3rd attempt I knew that it didn't matter if the mechanic was reverted or not and went 1/16 to generate a Bramma Larvling at 29% Radiation. Defeated Lich. Valence Transferred this Bramma into my first Bramma. Percentile rose from 31% to 34.7%. I think. (I've seen so many numbers since and there's no way to confirm what the current % is. Codex Lich cards do not update, inventory does not display the % bonus whatsoever, arsenal does not display the % bonus and neither does Config Link to myself in chat or another friend. Confirmed with screenshot sent via PS messages.)

My 4th attempt is what brought me here. I couldn't find any information, posts or thread searches. So, a few days ago I sat down. Turned off WF Market and did back-to-back Cassini, Saturn Captures for 2 hours and 45 minutes pausing only for bathroom breaks. I did come up with all sorts of theories about weapon generation, ephemeras and percentage bonuses. I thought I was on to something with the idea that a Duplicate Kuva Weapon wouldn't generate when you have one equipped. So, I took off my Bramma and instead equipped a Kuva Kohm, Kuva Kraken and a Kuva Shieldeg to keep me going, hoping against hope that there were three less weapon possibilities. Nope. Within 10-15 minutes I debunked yet another theory. Ultimately, I stopped counting after 37 Larvlings. Got a Chakkhurr instead for the Mastery. After that, I thought best to save other people their time and come here to share my findings, though I didn't anticipate going into this much detail initially. 

My 5th attempt I went 1/1 tries to generate a Bramma Larvling at 29% Radiation. This is the Lich I'm currently hunting for Valence Transfer.

Happy (?) Hunting, Tenno. May RNGesus give you fortune and prevent your hands from developing carpal tunnel syndrome.

Edited by (PS4)Bubozk3
Cassini spelling. 😁

This is a current problem that really needs to be addressed. I know for a fact that it is happening because I just ran the Cassini capture mission for up to 3 hours at an average of 1 minute and 30 second intervals after looking for the same weapon I had just obtained on a previously vaniquished Lich in order to make it better. That is the equivalent of 120 runs. At an equal drop RNG rate of 6.25%, the weapon would have likely shown up at least 6 times in 100 attempts. Not once did it ever do that.

On 2020-02-06 at 4:10 AM, ArchMagisterPrime said:

Now that we are able to cancel a lich and his weapon..

suppose i got a kuva kohm on lich A, will i never get kuva kohm on the subsequent lich B? (subsequent lich)

meaning, i will have to go though a non-kohm lich B in order to have the chance to get another kuva kohm from lich C?

No.

Since the latest update DE changed the weapon spawn sequence. As we can now not "select" the weapon, DE felt it was unnecessary to not allow the same weapon to spawn multiple times in a row.

For players on PC this is a change. For players on console this will feel like the same old routine but at least we get to not "select" the weapon and try again without having to actually kill the lich.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

Edited by (PS4)Deadmennwalking

As far as I can tell, nobody has seen a larvling with the same weapon as their previous lich. So they probably didn't change the spawning law. Ironically, a law to reduce frustration has become more frustrating...

My previous lich had a hind after 69 larvlings. That 69 was bad luck, it should only happen less than once in a thousand times if I did the math right ( proba = (14/15) ^ 69 assuming we can only get 15 weapons). But I can confirm that I also never got the Bramma in the 69 attempts, which was the weapon from the lich before.

Untill we get confirmation from the Devs, we can only rely on a fairly good statistical confidence.

12 hours ago, Lluid said:

As far as I can tell, nobody has seen a larvling with the same weapon as their previous lich. So they probably didn't change the spawning law. Ironically, a law to reduce frustration has become more frustrating...

My previous lich had a hind after 69 larvlings. That 69 was bad luck, it should only happen less than once in a thousand times if I did the math right ( proba = (14/15) ^ 69 assuming we can only get 15 weapons). But I can confirm that I also never got the Bramma in the 69 attempts, which was the weapon from the lich before.

Untill we get confirmation from the Devs, we can only rely on a fairly good statistical confidence.

I didn't like reading your stats.

I have two weapons left to complete the kuva weapons set. Kuva Quartakk and Kuva Nukor.

Let the larvling grind begin all over again.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

I've kept trying for 3 hours to get a scnd Kuva Nukor.. It just won't spawn. I guess DE just left that duplicate thing in place. That means I have to grind out some other weapon I don't want, before I can start all over again for the weapon I actually want. Thats beyond annoying .-.

Edited by Shad0wmakeR

On 2020-02-06 at 4:10 AM, ArchMagisterPrime said:

Now that we are able to cancel a lich and his weapon..

suppose i got a kuva kohm on lich A, will i never get kuva kohm on the subsequent lich B? (subsequent lich)

meaning, i will have to go though a non-kohm lich B in order to have the chance to get another kuva kohm from lich C?

In the latest patch, Empyrean: Prime Vault 27.1.2, it is now possible to get the same weapon twice in a row:

"We have removed the back-to-back Kuva Lich weapon mechanic that was added in 26.0.7, where your Kuva Lich would have a guaranteed different Kuva weapon than its immediate predecessor".

• Like 1

On 2020-02-09 at 5:44 AM, (PS4)Bubozk3 said:

I thought so as well but tbh I just got another kuva lich spawning with the exact same weapon my previous lich spawned. Kinda annoyed tbf cause that means I have to grind this lich just to activate another one and get a new weapon 😠

2 hours ago, BabyVampireBat said:

I just got another kuva lich spawning with the exact same weapon my previous lich spawned.

Aren't you aware that you can refuse the larvling ? Just don't interact with it at all when you see a weapon you don't want. About the subject of this thread, a few updates have changed how it works.