Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Mutagen Drought

dashashou

So at present  the only way to get mutagen samples is to do derelict maps.

And it's been this way for 3 weeks now . The question that we all must ask 

is did DE do this intentionally to ramp up  the  people going to the derelict 

and reduce the amount of  people  with the new clan guns ;

or is it a bug that they just don't care to fix ? 

So at present  the only way to get mutagen samples is to do derelict maps.

And it's been this way for 3 weeks now . The question that we all must ask 

is did DE do this intentionally to ramp up  the  people going to the derelict 

and reduce the amount of  people  with the new clan guns ;

or is it a bug that they just don't care to fix ? 

All the resources are where they're at, sort of like placeholders until they can get a new home. The Orokin Derelict is the only place to get Mutagen Samples now, and that's the way it's going to stay. There's no point in complaining about it.

Their aim may have been to get more people to go to the Orokin Derelict. If you can't get Orokin Derelict keys (and there's no reason why anyone shouldn't be able to, since they Nav Coordinates drop like crazy, and the blueprints are sold in the Market), just join someone else's Orokin Derelict mission. I do Orokin Derelict Defense missions, as I find that's the easiest way to farm for Mutagen Samples.

Derelict Defense Wave 15 usually gives about 15+ mutagen samples, personally had research and enough samples to make synapse in less time than originally expected. As for gated materials, if this is the working toward a new system then maybe a Corpus or Grineer specific alternative and make fieldron samples and Detonite Ampules unique to those.

All the resources are where they're at, sort of like placeholders until they can get a new home. The Orokin Derelict is the only place to get Mutagen Samples now, and that's the way it's going to stay. There's no point in complaining about it.

I wouldn't say that. The latest Hot Topics thread stated that they may be open to changing this. (Which would be wonderful. I'm honestly sick of running Derelict missions over-and-over constantly for a handful of samples each run...)

I wouldn't say that. The latest Hot Topics thread stated that they may be open to changing this. (Which would be wonderful. I'm honestly sick of running Derelict missions over-and-over constantly for a handful of samples each run...)

I wouldn't care either way, to be honest. I'd rather they didn't, since as Hayden11121 said, they added Mutagen Samples so as to continue to make Orokin Derelict relevant, since farming for Nekros was unbelievably easy,

this could simply be fixed by exchanging Nano Spores for Plastids on the Derelicts. Nano Spores and Salvage troll the f*ck out of material drops and totally skew the drop rates. 

this could simply be fixed by exchanging Nano Spores for Plastids on the Derelicts. Nano Spores and Salvage troll the f*ck out of material drops and totally skew the drop rates. 

Yep. Nanospores more than Salvage (because salvage is actually, god forbid, used for stuff). As I've asked in the past, I'd love to know why it was decided that Nanospores were the resource we needed to be able to recoup from Derelict key construction.

As it stands, the Derelicts share a full three quarters of their resources with Pre-U10 Eris; it's why I've only played Derelict defense once, it's basically Xini 2.0, and I played Xini more than enough for a couple lifetimes.

Not really a drought, they are still pretty easily obtained, you just need to run  more missions than you would have previously. 

I think there needs to be some similar way of getting the other two weapon resources, as I'm tired of them taking up a chance at another valuable resource, and they just plain drop too frequently if you ask me. :P

I'd be for a reduced drop rate on the places they used to drop, and an increased rate on the derelicts.

But anyway, I did do a quite a few Derelict Defenses, but then I started switching to Exterminates and coming out with at least half as many Mutagen if I scoured the place for secret rooms and speed run rooms.

Kyrkitao

The question you asked has been answered, it's to keep Derelicts relevant after the easy farming of Nekros.

Check the hot topics, for once, they did a great job talking about it issues at hand, like the Mutagen drops.

TY

Their aim may have been to get more people to go to the Orokin Derelict. If you can't get Orokin Derelict keys (and there's no reason why anyone shouldn't be able to, since they Nav Coordinates drop like crazy, and the blueprints are sold in the Market), just join someone else's Orokin Derelict mission. I do Orokin Derelict Defense missions, as I find that's the easiest way to farm for Mutagen Samples.

and jease  it's like u have Stockholm syndrome for DE , your talking about player inconvenience for the sake of keeping a superfluous  key level alive 

and jease  it's like u have Stockholm syndrome for DE , your talking about player inconvenience for the sake of keeping a superfluous  key level alive 

I think the Mutagen Samples should have an improved drop rate in the Orokin Derelict, but at the same time, brought back to Infested-controlled planets (Jupiter and Eris) at a reduced drop rate. I heard this had already been discussed, so I'll assume that this is the route they will be taking.

Anyways, I'm not a crybaby. Really, there's nothing you can do about it besides voice your complaints and hope they get heard. I do not condone the move DE made in regards to Mutagen Samples, but you know as well as I do that as soon as everyone got their Nekros, people would stop going to the Orokin Derelict entirely.

The question you asked has been answered, it's to keep Derelicts relevant after the easy farming of Nekros.

Check the hot topics, for once, they did a great job talking about it issues at hand, like the Mutagen drops.

That is a big issue for me, that in order to keep an entire area/tileset/form of 'content' relevant after getting a frame, the devs opt to make a rare resource only drop in that area. Instead of going many different routes to keep people entertained, they go with that method.