Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easy overview for aquisition progress of Frames/Weapons...

andromeda8533

Allow me to give some feedback please.

For the progression of mastery rank I would wish something, that helps me to choose my next Warframe/Weapon to craft.

Im currently at Rank 8 and I loose track of which parts/blueprints I have, because there is a lot of stuff in my inventory and I dont want to go through all of the warframes individually and check if I should be crafting this one or another one. In my mind was something similar to the mastery bar under each item in the codex, which fills as you level up that frame/weapon. There could be another bar, which shows the aquisition progress, you could use different colours like red = not aquired (yellow = purchasable for Credits from market), blue = blueprint aquired, green = crafted. The bar could be separated to like 4 parts, first for the main BP, and the other 3 for the parts like chassis, systems, neuroptics. Maybe even have one bar and use it for this aquisition and once the frame/weapon is aquired replace it with the mastery bar as it is in the game now, so you still have 1 bar.

Something like this would reduce management of the game and therefore increase the actual play time.

Regards

Fellow Tenno

Edited by andromeda8533

In-game, open the main menu, go tp your profile pic top left and vlick on "View Profie" (or something like that).

There, you can click on different tabs (Warframes, Weapons) and sort the viewed stuff by rank. The greyed-out stuff is what you didn't use yet.

Now, let's say you have Garuda greyed out but want to get her and level her up.
Go to region chat and type a question that includes "where" and "Garuda". A chat bot should recognize it and reply with the info needed.

As for which parts you've acquired - I've solved this by leaving everything in my Foundry. I craft it before I need it but don't claim finished stuff unless I need it.
This way, I can type "garuda" and see every part related to her. It also shows me what materials I need for the unfinished parts. Once I have Chassis, Neuroptics and Systems crafted and the blueprint already there, I claim everything and start building the blueprint.

Edit: I hadn't looked in my Inventory for a looong time now. The Foundry can show you everything. Even resources if you search for them. Well... Just be careful not to pull the finished products into your inventory xD
Experiment with how you sort the Foundry, too.

Edited by Uthael

That actually is my issue, I need to type every warframe into the search bar to see its aquisition process, When you are rank 8 and used only like 7-8 frames, there are so many frames, that you just loose yourself in the process of choosing the next one. Crafting components as you described seems a little heavy on resources for me, because if I accidently aquire one BP for a part of a rare warframe and I have no hope of aquireing the other parts any time soon, why should I craft that part if I could be spending those ressources into other, more common warframe?

What I would like to have is just an easy and fast way of telling which warframe/weapon is like almost crafted/almost all parts aquired you know. As I described it, it would be really nice, cuz you then just enter the codex page "warframes" and see directly what is going on in your inventory. The equipment tab of my profile would also be a apropriate palce to implement it into.

Edited by andromeda8533

12 hours ago, andromeda8533 said:

you just loose yourself in the process of choosing the next one

You could e.g. use the Codex (and of course the Wiki) to take a look at all the Frames,
see what piques your interest ability / theme-wise, and then go after that one (if possible).

if I accidently aquire one BP for a part of a rare warframe and I have no hope of aquireing the other parts any time soon, why should I craft that part

I mean, yeah, why indeed.

It kinda makes no sense to start crafting before you have all the parts (maybe minus the main BP).

What I would like to have is just an easy and fast way of telling which warframe/weapon is like almost crafted/almost all parts aquired

I think the respective tabs in the Foundry do a decent enough job at that (if you don't craft and claim individual parts willy-nilly, heh).

Honestly, I can understand your point, Warframe can very much be an overwhelming mess at times,
so better "handholding" could indeed be nice in a bunch of areas.

... but then again, I kind of like how (or, maybe have just fooled myself into believing that)
this is DE respecting your intelligence / resourcefulness in regards to figuring stuff out / keeping track of things,
and not least, DE's ongoing quest to "make things more accessible for newer players" has had some truly HORRIFYING results, alas.