Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe "Paths"

deadswing888

Ok so I have an idea that could add more viability to all warframes. What I came up with atm is "Paths" for example like in some MMORPG s you can choose for example your warrior to become a tank or a healer. In Warframe there could be 2 ability paths for each warframe if you will. For example 1st ability path could provide a warframe more of a offensive capabilities while the 2nd ability path could be focused more on defensive capabilities ( for example Harrow s 1st ability path could have all of his abilities focused on buffing (healing, giving energy to his teammates) while his 2nd ability path could focus all of his abilities on offensive capabilities i.e pure damage output for example AOE dmg).

What do you guys think ?

Something like this has been mentioned a couple times before. 

I don't hate the idea, but in those games there's still always the "correct" best choice, and in Warframe that has always been far worse. Whenever there is options in this game, the best option is usually leagues above the alternatives sadly. It doesn't create diversity. It just makes DE put more work into the useless content.

• Like 2

most of it already can be done by changing your mod combination, this even includes ability augments

example:
Trinity:
- low duration + power strenght to spam energy vampire with Vampire Leech augment, going more support style
- high duration and power strenght to go more offensively with Abating Link, cutting off marked enemy's armor, plus blessing's damage mitigation

Mag:
- Counter Pulse and high duration for crowd control against non-infested enemies, Fracturing Crush for crowd control on infested
- low duration or Magnetized Discharge + high range for Area of Effect damage bursts with Magnetize

Frost:
- more mobile style by using Icy Avalanche and Ice Wave Impedance to keep the enemies debuffed and yourself/team armored
- more stationary style by using Freeze Force and Chilling Globe to hold one place

and so on...

Edited by Zeyez
like this topic, everything in the world can be changed, it just needs the right words... and the left ones too
  • Like 2

The original mod system was path based. You would use multiple Orokin reactors to open up a bunch of nodes and use transmutation cores to attach abilities to the frame. It was rather cumbersome at the time. The current mod system is much, much more understandable.

This actually makes me think more of an ability I had for a "Custom" Warframe that was basically a Transference-compatible golem you made from interchangeable parts collected from an open-world Infested map, where the parts could not only affect stat trade-offs like Kitgun or Zaw parts, but also which ability kit you used and/or modified the abilities in that kit to focus more on offense, defense, CC, buffs, or the like.