Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ground Finisher!

TerraNovaX

Question

12 answers to this question

Dual/fist/dagger weapons are the best suited for this. Dual blades will apply the damage twice (one for each blade), daggers are a super-quick animation for such attacks, and fist weapons will literally pummel the enemy multiple times in a single move. Honestly, fist weapons are the best suited for this (Kogake ftw!)

Dual/fist/dagger weapons are the best suited for this. Dual blades will apply the damage twice (one for each blade), daggers are a super-quick animation for such attacks, and fist weapons will literally pummel the enemy multiple times in a single move. Honestly, fist weapons are the best suited for this (Kogake ftw!)

I'm 99% sure that your post might be misleading to new players - not on purpose I think, though.  All finisher damage is based on the weapons charge damage.  So the Kogake for example has a base charge damage of 75.  Regardless of how many times the animation shows you hitting the guy, you're still only doing 75 damage.  Ditto for dual weapons - the base damage and base charge damage take into account both blades.

From a little playing with my Furax, attack speed makes the finisher  little shorter. It is rank 26 and not potato'd, so there is little I can do with MODs but definetly charge damage to increase finisher efficiency. The Furax deals 5 quick punches on a downed opponent totaling about 150 dmg. It seemed to increase the damage of every punch with Rending Strike, quite a bit. I am guessing the extra 60% from Finishing Touch would make it, what 30 dmg + 18 dmg Rending Strike +  45 dmg Killing Blow + 18 dmg Finishing Touch = 111 dmg x 5 punches = possible 555 dmg? Can't really test with my current Furax...

I am looking into trying a ground finisher based build for a heavy weapon. I searched the wiki and can't get any clear answers. Which mods affect the damage on a downed opponent, if any? Besides the new mod of course.

just don't forget to use Finishing Touch, even if it's obvious that you'd use it.

Charge Attack mods i'm almost certain affect Execute damage. so stack that stuff up. Fury increases animation speed of the weapon as well, so certainly have that.

honestly, an 'Execute build' is pretty much the same mods that you'd use for Charge Attacks. so the melee weapon will still retain usefulness. 

personally, Gram is my purpose built Executing weapon. it's Execute has an AoE Splash, and it's a relatively fast swinging weapon. it's Execute is also pretty ridiculous in damage compared to most other weapons. i'm always still stunned that the Execute on Gram is basically like swinging at them. it's basically the same damage. which is damn nice.

Gram also can make AoE Knockdowns very quickly(and in a large area), and is therefore actually capable of killing groups of enemies, with ONLY that AoE Knockdown damage! :D

Edited by taiiat

Research: Ground Finisher (Reaper Prime) On Grineer (Lvl 16)
Unmodded: 160 damage = Charge Damage
W/ Pressure Point: 160 damage
W/ Rending Strike = 248 Damage
W/ Sundering Strike = 219 Damage

Note: Havn't got the Reaper past level 5. So can't test with Killing blow juuust yet

Galatine works any way you sing that thing =) I got a rank 30 with a potato, Killing Blow one rank short of max, Rending Strike max, attck speed, charge speed, some elements, the works... I dont use its execute often, but its sneak attack (which has a hidden multiplier I cant determine) kills most of Phobos in one hit, and leaves Heavies with miserable health left. AND its sneak attack animation is as fast as longswordss, not the long one heavy melee uses.

I'm 99% sure that your post might be misleading to new players - not on purpose I think, though.  All finisher damage is based on the weapons charge damage.  So the Kogake for example has a base charge damage of 75.  Regardless of how many times the animation shows you hitting the guy, you're still only doing 75 damage.  Ditto for dual weapons - the base damage and base charge damage take into account both blades.

False. Finisher damage is based on charge damage for most weapons (long swords, Heavies, etc), but there are exceptions-- and fist weapons are included in those exceptions.

Do you use Kogake? If you have it, you may want to look at the numbers that the ground smash is doing. Or simply acknowledge that the ground finisher is obliterating enemies that its Charge Attack normally wouldn't even tickle.

Also, fun fact. Kogake's wall punch deals 1000 base damage.

Utterly false as a proud owner of a potatoed Kogake.  

The ground pound hits five times with serrated blade damage, but I don't remember what mods specifically affect them.  

And yes it does triple damage against infested with the ground pound finisher.