Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a minimal Master Rank

(PSN)northern_rebal

Question

Is there a minimum mastery rank that you think would let the player still successfully go thru endgame?

Those mastery tests have really stressed me out. I've  gotten to the point where I don't  use new frames or weapons so I don't  get to the next test too quickly.

While of course it's better and easier the higher your rank, but is there a rank you'd be okay staying at for the rest of the game?

9 answers to this question

Ignore them and enjoy the game. When it becomes a bottle neck, you'll have the motivation to knock it out. 

I'm not a shooter. I prefer melee. So when the Primary Mastery Test came along, it took me a couple of days. Then the 2nd, once again a few days. Around the teens they started to be fun and I'd work through frames etc.

The last Mastery Rank Test I passed took me a few days to beat in practice, but a month to officially pass. During that month I hated logging on and seeing Mastery Rank Test READY. After passing that test I stopped running through new weapons and became much happier.

The funny part is you inspired me to take a look at my pending tests; 22,23, 24 they don't seem as daunting today as they did in the past 🙂

Currently rank 16 is the rank that will allow you to use all the weapons, warframes, as well as rivens. If you want to have access to all the equipment and mods this is the rank you should be aiming at. If you are not interested in rivens then maybe MR 10 since then you will have access to all the quests. Weapons and warframes that are bought for plat can bypass mastery rank, so I guess 10 is ok. However, I would suggest MR 16 so you don't miss anything.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

but is there a rank you'd be okay staying at for the rest of the game?

mr5 to get all starchart, eidolons, spoders, operator, arbitrations etc.
mr7 to get all the quests
mr8 to get all warframes
mr16 to get access to be able to build/use all weapons and rivens

edit:
tl;dr mr5 is the minimum that you need
realistically mr16 is the most you need

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

Is there a minimum mastery rank that you think would let the player still successfully go thru endgame?

Those mastery tests have really stressed me out. I've  gotten to the point where I don't  use new frames or weapons so I don't  get to the next test too quickly.

While of course it's better and easier the higher your rank, but is there a rank you'd be okay staying at for the rest of the game?

what exactly is endgame?  for people like me who prefer warframe classic (old starchart type missions) and not the boring new stuff then you dont need much or any mastery at all, if you actually like repeat playing the new isolated content then MR5 is the minimum needed for all story/main quest related needs and everything after it.

I personally have several accounts, if you burn out on 1, just make more tbh, i have 2x MR0's which at least allows all normal starchart stuff, no war within stuff but i dont really play any of the newer stuff anyways even on my high mr account and dont even use operator form either.  Also have 1x MR5 which as mentioned is the bare minimum needed to access all main content and 1x normal/old main account which again can access everything.

KaMYV45.jpg

Edited by Methanoid

3 hours ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

MR means nothing...I've seen a MR28 ask what the difference is between damage and multishot...

Then again...if even just the tests stress you out...I don't know how you're gonna handle high level content...

Yeap agree, MR does not mean you know what you are doing, it just means you have collected more weapons/frames/pets/etc than others. I've seen MR11 have better builds and or understanding than MR28s.

5 hours ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Then again...if even just the tests stress you out...I don't know how you're gonna handle high level content...

the first couple made some sense, basic fighting styles,  but the last couple didn't seem to have any relationship to playing the game.  I've not yet had to stealth kill 15 enemies, nor had any disappearing platforms.  And why do you have to wait a full 24 hours to test again?  Wouldn't an hour or two do the same thing?

I've made a ton of progress in the playing the game.  I think my builds are above average for the mods I have, and have learned to adapt both my builds and my frames to the mission I have to accomplish.  

10 hours ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

Probably MR16.

Despite what the others said MR doesn't matter to the knowledge of the game, it does require players to be MR16 to use all weapons and mods including riven. So if you want to try out new things later on, at least your MR meets the requirement.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

2 hours ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

I've not yet had to stealth kill 15 enemies, nor had any disappearing platforms.

Stealth kill are done for Focus farming, as the xp boost from stealth kills makes stealth the most efficient way to get affinity (xp).

Disappearing platfroms exist in the sentient ship in railjack missions. Its a very late game place though.