The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] We need a chance to mercy them.

Goldbar_

I really like the execution animations and mods such as [Hit and Run] and [Out of Sight].

But I've noticed that it's difficult to conduct mercy in normal missions other than murmur farming.

So here's the deal. Let us down them when the Parazon mark is on. Just like thralls!

However, someone can't be bothered to mercy them. Then my thought says let them die in 2~3 seconds after downed!

I hope Dev accept this idea so I can play Warframe happily.

• Like 18

Agreed. I feel like the option doesn't trigger often enough, or rather, it usually triggers by the time they're virtually dead (ie: slash proc that kills them before you get there).

I feel we could benefit from a bit more chances indeed. I'll also say though it's hard to Mercy enemies in a game about blasting everyone into the Void.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is very common feedback that will change the pace of lethality to a degree, but I am super interested to compile a consensus on this!

Couldn't it just be tied to the current finisher system rather then its own finisher that isn't a finisher system? I thought that was the original intent anyways.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is very common feedback that will change the pace of lethality to a degree, but I am super interested to compile a consensus on this!

My thought is that if select types of enemies have a greater chance to have an interaction like this (delayed death that opens them up to an execution animation) it would be of benefit to the player and open up more design opportunities for assassination based mods for the Parazon.

Edit: Maybe do this for only Eximus enemies or something like that?

Edited by Intotsu

31 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

Couldn't it just be tied to the current finisher system rather then its own finisher that isn't a finisher system? I thought that was the original intent anyways.

Seconding this. It would be super excessive to have it on every enemy all the time, IMO, but having it as a finisher option on certain beefier enemy types (bombards, ancients, nullifiers, etc.) could make it pretty satisfying. We definitely need to strike some kind of balance between "every enemy gets a death animation that slows combat to a crawl" and "this cool thing barely ever happens".

Either that, or maybe since the parazon is essentially its own little melee weapon, it could be tied into the new melee system somehow? Since you have to be in striking distance to pull off a mercy/finisher anyway, maybe have it trigger at certain milestones on the combo counter or something?

Edited by (PS4)demishock
  • Like 2

I feel like the parazon finishers add absolutely nothing to the game and that it's not really worth the effort to try and force them to be more accessible. I know abandoning ideas in half-finished states is a common complaint/criticism, but... the parazon is so utterly pointless that it's probably worth ignoring.

we've had fancy finisher animations for every melee weapon category in the game for years. Most of the game's lifespan, I'd assume. Another set of them for a wristblade we suddenly have is just... not an interesting or compelling addition. The mercy mods (and the hacking ones, really) all just feel like very half-baked ideas that were rushed out and tacked on so that the parazon wasn't JUST for the lich password system.

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 2

One thing that probably should be clarified is that such enemies should be counted as dead as soon as the icon shows up (rather than needing to auto-expire for the kill count to increment). Otherwise, it'll halt various mission progresses and that's no fun no matter how rare it is. 

As a side-note: can we have increased mercy speeds? They used to be affected by attack speed mods and Primed Fury made them feel pretty fluid without being so fast as to be an incomprehensible mess. Cf. Doom 2016.

I think I could be okay with a brief invuln window if mercies were slightly less common. Parazon finishers take a hot second (maybe we could see about speeding that up?) and I could see it getting annoying if it came up too often.

That said - I would wait until you you rework thralls and murmur farming, first. If, for example, you choose to have thralls in ordinary missions it could end up being enough.

Edited by MasterControl

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Every enemy marked with mercy should be downed (like thralls) and then die after a couple of seconds if we decide not to use a finisher on them. Otherwise, this mechanic is a waste on regular enemies as most of the time they die before we even notice they have a marker above their head. Maps can become quite crowded and it is very hard to miss marked enemies. Add to that the fact that a lot of players play in a way to get rid of groups of enemies (using AoE abilities and melee weapons with long range), rather than picking them one by one, and you will have a mechanic that is simply lost in the crowd.

I also can't see how it is going to change the "pace of lethality", considering we mow down enemies very quickly. Surely one downed enemy won't change the game drastically. At least it doesn't change for thrall missions. And regular missions don't place mercy on enemies as often. 

While Mercy animations are definitely cool, I would not want them on every enemy.  Maybe if there was a hidden timer so that once every 3 minutes, an enemy that would have otherwise died went into a Mercy state instead.  But certainly not every enemy, or even a significant number of enemies.  Mainly that would just upset the pace of the game and the enemy spawn rate, which is important in many mission types, but also it would make Mercy seem less cool if you were just seeing it all the time.

Honestly it's probably best left the way it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I would be 100% fine with this but only if enemies dropped loot before they were finishered because as bursa hacking taught us, people won't wait around for the loot.

• Like 1

I feel like it should just be consistent at 10% or below enemy health, at that health level (applicable enemies) get the Parazon finisher mark like the currently do, always.

If they're dying too fast for them not to be at 10% health at any point I feel like there wouldn't be much point in the Parazon mod effects anyways. 

Edit: Could also be higher than 10%, like 25-30% health.

The suggestion here, unless it's changed to close to 1 second, could end up causing minor issues in survivals (esp at 3s), yes, it seems minor, but it matters for enemy spawns.

Edited by Madway7

vor 2 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

A very good idea but i think it's important that no matter how low the timer is that it doesnt hold up things like defense waves and it probably should drop loot on down instead of being parazon'd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Just multiply enemy EHP by 25x.  Then we'll get lots of chances to Mercy.

Just kidding!  Right?  😬 😛

A status proc or damage type could be key to opening up enemies to parazons, but honestly; if needed; wouldn't it be a plus to first give parazoning an enemy some kind of benefit first before mods? As is, its not a functional mechanic without them except for thralls/Lich which it seems exclusively built for and around. Taking the Blood for mods and baking them in would at least be some reason to use it over just shooting an enemy down or a real synch kill.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Honestly, something like DOOM would be cool & useful

Not to copy the glory kills, but something along the same idea

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Can we maybe just get an optional mechanic to have "mercy" be automatic if you are within melee range or atleast have melee trigger mercy finisher because 90% of the time it is when i am meleeing someone that i don't get a chance to mercy them. But that's me. 

2 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Honestly, something like DOOM would be cool & useful

Not to copy the glory kills, but something along the same idea

doom popularized it, destiny 2 picked it up, then warframe picked it up. id rather it just go away. this is a loot shooter, not cutscene simulator.

funny how people complained about being stuck in animation with old bladestorm and now want to return to that.

• Like 1