The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] We need a chance to mercy them.

Goldbar_

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Honestly, something like DOOM would be cool & useful

Not to copy the glory kills, but something along the same idea

Or Space Marine's synch kills helping restore life, tank damage, and Fury (basically similar to Warframe's energy in that it enables a counting down stronger mode for a duration) while helping to elminate temporarily stunned but otherwise still durable foes.

6 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Or Space Marine's synch kills helping restore life, tank damage, and Fury (basically similar to Warframe's energy in that it enables a counting down stronger mode for a duration) while helping to elminate temporarily stunned but otherwise still durable foes.

I only played the Tyranids in DoW 2 so I don't know what they do :p

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i didnt. people did in fact complain about being stuck in animation. i did as well and im glad its gone. when they added this garbage with old blood i cringed.

Considering how you phrased your comment, you pretty much said that I was doing both, complaining & asking for it to return:

funny how people complained [...] and now want to return to that

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Considering how you phrased your comment, you pretty much said that I was doing both, complaining & asking for it to return:

funny how people complained [...] and now want to return to that

unless you consider yourself to be "people" i dont see how. i was making a statement about hypocrisy in the community.

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

unless you consider yourself to be "people" i dont see how. i was making a statement about hypocrisy in the community.

Ok, we obviously didn't understand each other, let's just put that aside, not really the place to talk about it

23 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I only played the Tyranids in DoW 2 so I don't know what they do 😛

Not a prob! Give a look see about Warhammer 40k Space Marine on youtube and watch for when the player activates synch kills on foes, if you have played Splatterhouse 2010 or god of war style games, its probably pretty similar. Sadly one of the failings of Space Marine Exterminatus mode (as much as we got for the promised co-op mode) they removed the fury and synch kill mechanics making it more what the devs sought to avoid in the standard solo campaign, a slow a defensive affair.

Parazon has a melee, finisher, close range action;
Current mercy markers appear on random almost-downed enemies, problems in reaching further away targets, or other people's mercy targets;
Solution clearly is to make the mercy markers appear (randomly) only in melee range, per-player, with a better chance to appear during particular player actions, let's say, if enemy is lifted and thus immobilized.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is very common feedback that will change the pace of lethality to a degree, but I am super interested to compile a consensus on this!

Hardly even notice this mechanic because of powercreep 

/shrug 

i had to check the wiki as to why the mercy indicator was even showing....

those that are left standing are usually killed by procs... 

Seems a waste of time tbh 

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is very common feedback that will change the pace of lethality to a degree, but I am super interested to compile a consensus on this!

If this is implemented, parazon animations (excluding those performed in liches) should be affected by attack speed mods. Maybe put a cap so they don't look ridiculous.

6 hours ago, Intotsu said:

My thought is that if select types of enemies have a greater chance to have an interaction like this (delayed death that opens them up to an execution animation) it would be of benefit to the player and open up more design opportunities for assassination based mods for the Parazon.

Edit: Maybe do this for only Eximus enemies or something like that?

Good point. Having this happen to heavy-type enemies like Bombards, Nullifiers and Ancients whose numbers are generally slim would make sense visually and thematically.

if you ask me, i think getting rid of the back breaking animations entirely was a mistake, it doesn't feel like there is a consequence for getting the parazon code wrong. by all means, good riddance, didn't like it. but having there being NOTHING to replace it? i think we need something in its place.

To me this suggestion sounds like it would slow down gameplay in a bad way. I suggest an alternative solution: Raise the threshold for when a finisher is allowed. This way the flow of the game wouldn't be slowed down and it would still make it easier to execute mercy kills.

10 hours ago, Goldbar_ said:

I really like the execution animations and mods such as [Hit and Run] and [Out of Sight].

But I've noticed that it's difficult to conduct mercy in normal missions other than murmur farming.

So here's the deal. Let us down them when the Parazon mark is on. Just like thralls!

However, someone can't be bothered to mercy them. Then my thought says let them die in 2~3 seconds after downed!

I hope Dev accept this idea so I can play Warframe happily.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

YES!!! PLEASE!!!!

I thought this might be common feedback. Unless I'm in Lich fights, I usually see the parazon symbol and before I can hit the Q key (my interact key) a teammate has zipped through and spin slided my kill. With the mods like Blood of Energy, Blood for Life or (my personal favorite) Master key they seem like a rare thing to use in regular missions as the enemy just gets downed. I don't think it would change the pacing of the mission but I would like to do a styled kill on an enemy similar to how we kill our liches. I would be willing to take a small break to see me throw my parazon into a Gunners head and "GET OVER HERE!!!" them over my shoulder. Plus if DE adds new animations to it it would be sick.

Now you could do this. Add some rare reward to killing them to incentivize us to mercy kill them. Then we wouldn't notice the change of pace as much. Like you could have it that every enemy you mercy in a regular mission gives you 100 kuva (including thralls). But they have an added bonus of a secondary reward (like a radiant relic). Thralls have a bonus to give you a requiem relic. That way you would want to mercy kill any eligible "bachelor" because of a guaranteed 100 kuva and "whatever other reward they want to add to it".

Anyone have thoughts on rewards they could tie to the mercy kill?

I would propose to just add mods that enable  to use the parazon for stealth kills,  granting bonus effects like for example invisibility, slower enemies or no noise for a certain amount of time.

It would be a lot of fun to play missions in stealth like that ^^ (Assassin's creed style)

With any mercy mods equipped, allow Mercy on some dead enemies. Do not disallow mercy just because enemy is dead.

With no mercy mods equipped, mercy should be limited to only Thralls or Lich. This is to not waste time on useless mercy with no mercy mods.

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I thought that maybe you could have these units spawn with a marker over them, and make it so the mercy kills if below a % of hp. Or make it so any heavy unit can be mercy'd at low hp (as they're the units less likely to be snowballed).

Parazon finishers are indeed too rare on normal enemies.
My idea to make them more accessible, without having to impose on everyone that the enemies no longer die instantly, would be to have these finishers with the parazon linked to the classic finisher.
I mean, let's admit you blind an enemy, with the sands of Inaros, or the radial blind of Excalibur, you have the possibility of the classic finisher, which uses your melee weapon.
What if you held down the finisher button instead ?
The finisher will be made with the parazon, which will use all the damage and mods of your melee weapon, plus those of the parazon, for the small special effects.

( held down buttons can solve so many tricky things in warframe.. )
( and yes, sometime they don't, it's also tricky ^^')

Edited by Azvalk

Parazon mercy on 'normal' mobs is a quirky element. It doesn't happen too often, there is not much time to perform it, there's a higher likeliness of the mob getting killed by other means prior to mercy, tends to break your rythm, and also not much incentive to bother doing to begin with. The animations are cool and all, but it currently brings chance of glitches, lets opponents get into position to attack, you risk returning from animations to a rain of bullets centered on your location and when it happens in a lich mission, you could get confused for a second thinking, "Wait. Was that a thrall I had overlooked?!"

Purpose, incentive, time to perform, when it can happen, sitting duck risk... Some elements to it should probably be addressed.

16 hours ago, Goldbar_ said:

However, someone can't be bothered to mercy them. Then my thought says let them die in 2~3 seconds after downed!

This is a TERRIBLE idea.

I want mobs to keep dying immediately so I can take the loot on the spot and move on with my life.

Mercy shouldn't even be an option outside Thrall killing.

/Foo

• Like 1