Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe concept: Zauber, revised

Mechanax

Well, a little update for anyone who read this 

Zauber: Originally designed to be used as a guard for the orokin nobility. This warframe was  found in ruins by corpus scientists during their search for orokin artifacts. Deemed uncapable of being used as a frontline weapon, the corpus decided to modify it and use it as a decorative guard in their favorite entertainment media, the index. While Lacking physical resilience, Zauber channels energy in order to vanquish his foes 

Abilities: 

Passive 

Pay to watch  

Whenever zauber kills an enemy with an ability he gains 20 energy back  

1) Wildcard 30 energy 

Fire single explosive projectile, dealing (100/250/400/600)  damage in a small radius. The projectile can deal 4 different types of damage which cycle with each cast (fire, cold, electriciy, toxin) and apply a proc of said element. The duration of elemental procs scales with ability duration 

2) Royal flush 75 energy 

Zauber releases a wave of homing projectiles that deal (300/500/750/1000) damage to (3/4/5/6) enemies (number of enemies and damage scale with ability power) in a certain radius, if multiple projectiles hit the same unit each wave will be 50% stronger than the previous one. 

3) Two of a kind 35 energy 

Zauber teleports a moderate distance and leaves an after image behind, the image retains enemies focus and after 3 seconds it explodes, dealing (250/350/500/650) blast damage in a small radius and a blast proc. The after image doesnt generate aggro on enemies that were not already attacking zauber the moment of casting it but they can still be hit by the ability. 

4) Last Gambit 200 energy on cast, 100 per 2 seconds active 

Zauber channels a huge amount of energy and materializes it as a cloak, he gains a 25% sprint boost and 25% damage reduction, units who get in direct contact with him during this time have a (15%/25%/40%) chance of being shocked and receive (250/500/750) damage (chance and damage scale with ability power.) While Last gambit is active, his basic abilities gain extra effects. 

-Pay to watch  

Triples the amount of energy gained from kills and also restores the same amount as health 

-Wildcard 

Each card gains an extra effect 

Fire: deals damage twice, the 1st time it deals fire damage and the second it deals radiation damage, procs both effects 

Cold. the ability radius is doubled and it freezes the floor for a certain amount of time, enemies who walk through it have a high chance of tripping and falling, staying in the ground for 2 seconds 

Electricity 

Firearm-wielding enemies will be temporally disarmed and a magnetic pulse deals 400/500/600/700 damage to shielded enemies. 

toxin 

a small cloud of toxin strips 30% armor to all units in range for 5 seconds (cloud duration scales), enemies who remain in the cloud for 3 seconds receive a viral proc 

-Royal flush 

Zauban spawns 3 smaller waves that deal half the damage of the originals, these waves have no limit in how many enemies they can hit and last for 8 seconds, they cannot hit the same target more than once, but they gain a 50% damage bonus each time they hit a new enemy 

-Two of a kind 

the clone lasts  10 seconds and charges at enemies, generating aggro for the duration, once the time is up the clone explodes dealing double the damage as the unbuffed version. 

Stats 

Health: 100-225 max rank 

Shields: 100-225 max rank 

Armor: 50 

Sprint Speed 1.25 

Energy: 100-350 max rank 

Heres some early stage art a friend made for me, i dont know if anyone actually reads these here but in a discord channel im at i got some feedback telling me the damage and the buffs from last gambit were a bit underwhelming, i think this kinda fixes that, i appreciate any feedback 

Also, i wanted to introduce the idea of combat canes to warframe, not staves or  rapiers, actual staves, i already have some ideas on the design of the weapon and the moveset it would have, however i suck at drawing and will need to bother my friend again once he is free, so yeah. 

unknown.png?width=254&height=459