Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It has been 3 months, and Hawk Eye is still not an Exilus mod.

DarkOvion

There's a lot of things that really should be exilus mods but aren't... The blast area effect increasing mods? Yes. They don't directly impact damage, just area of effect. Are they? No. Seeker. Should it be? Yes. Is it? No. They allow you to hit more targets............................................... So what. Eject mag is an exilus slot, if you put it with a recharging weapon like fulmin or another weapon with the approrpriate autoreload mod you can still play the game with out ever reloading, this effects dps, so, they need to be honest that "dps" is not the only criteria they cared about.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

There's a lot of things that really should be exilus mods but aren't... The blast area effect increasing mods? Yes. They don't directly impact damage, just area of effect. Are they? No. Seeker. Should it be? Yes. Is it? No. They allow you to hit more targets............................................... So what. Eject mag is an exilus slot, if you put it with a recharging weapon like fulmin or another weapon with the approrpriate autoreload mod you can still play the game with out ever reloading, this effects dps, so, they need to be honest that "dps" is not the only criteria they cared about.

Ehhh. "Not having to reload" is way different from "I can kill 10 more dudes per shot/burst/whatever".

3 minutes ago, auxy said:

Ehhh. "Not having to reload" is way different from "I can kill 10 more dudes per shot/burst/whatever".

actually built right i can kill way more than 10 more people with the auto reloading mods. Tactical reload, 20% ammo reloaded per second holstered, eject magazine, 20% ammo reloaded per second after holstered, vigorous swap, plus 165% damage, plus 100% holster speed. You never have to reload and damage is significantly increased. 

It's not on the level of what Rhino, Mirage, and Chroma can do, but it's enough that i have to really choose to use weapons like ferrox instead of it being my standard. The increase in damage of this build is significant. Seeker and things like fulmination just increase your ability to deal with trash mobs. 

"Dealing with trash mobs" is 99% of what you do in this game. Nobody cares about whether players can mod to do a billion damage in a hit and one-shot bosses because those techniques are going to exist regardless owing to the game's depth and complexity.

It's obvious to me why punch through and blast radius mods aren't exilus. They increase your burst DPS against groups significantly. Your reload mods don't.

• 1 month later...