Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack etiquette. Agree/Disagree???

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

Question

-If your crew, stay on the ship and help kill off all the fighters and crewships before going after points of interest...its easily the most time consuming part of RJ.   Leaving the ship and flying off to do the POI also sucks because you drag alot of enemies with you and cause crewships to spawn far away.   

-If you crew your #1 job should be taking out crewships.  These are the biggest threats to the RJ.   Taking out fighters is great but crewships should come first.

-If your a pilot dont get distracted by fighters.   Your job is taking out threats to the RJ.   It probably wont do any good but if there are crewships around then keep your RJ pointed at them so people can sling over.   Lv7 gunnery lets people slingshot about 3500 meters (which blows).  You can now see range to target so if your not at that range move so you are.   If your less than 3500 away move back so you arent getting shot and boarded.     If there are no crewships or they are being dealth with.   You should be taking out outriders(bombers).   Those rip your ship to shreds.   If all that stuff is gone look for turrets, those are just like having crewships firing at you.   If all of that stuff is dead then by all means play with the fighters.

-If your the pilot....pick up avionics/wreckage.  The crap is marked now!!!  I see people totally ignore this stuff.   I would say good job to archwingers who help grab that stuff but your ass probably shouldnt be outside in the first place lol.   Maybe after a mission is over....  

-Before you start next mission refine your loot..   Before you refine loot though (no matter who you are) look to see if Revolite is full and if not, make some.   Dont just run in and refine everything.   Those materials arent even used to fix wrecks so stop being so damn greedy.   

-I think in general most people who are playing with rando's just want to grind missions.   Dont join pugs if you wanna hunt for resources after a mission.   Use recruit for that or go solo.   

------------------------------------

But seriously...crewships should be everyone's #1 priority.    When im piloting people either repair/side turret or rush POI.  When I join as crew the pilots never point at the crewships so I can sling over.    If I have a to pilot AND sling I dont need anyone else lol.   I do appreciate the people who atleast stay on board and engineer/side turret.

How do you guys feel about it??  What bugs you now that you are playing with others more ??  Does anyone still go solo??(I doubt it lol)

Improntu poll:   Whats everyone favorite side turret??  Apocs+Carcinox 4 life.  Cryos are ok and prob good for host/client lag lol.   

• Like 2

8 answers to this question

I have mostly 2x2 of each gun built and constantly updating them to higher versions but I keep coming back to my identical stats Vidar Apoc's with high damage and high crit, yes range is shorter than others but you should be shooting at enemies closer to your ship anyway which these guns do it really well and from testing have quite good range as well to precision shoot at targets at range in bursts like cannon batteries.

Have great shields, engine and reactor which really helps, RNG has been kind to me at least in railjack. 

Slingshot: I try and keep crewships in my sights, I pilot a lot now and if I hear that a player has entered slingshot I'll do my best to reposition the ship to face the crew ships. When I drop a void hole and a crew ship is around I'll move to face the crew ship through the void hole while the enemy build up in the void hole ready to take a missile in the face..

Fires: I don't care about fires if they get to be a pain I'll hit my avionics to put them all out.

Intrinsics make a nice difference I have 9-9-9-9 engy will be 10 in another 90ish intrinsics can't wait to try out remote repairs, It might make solo play even better, not that I don't mind a crew, though at times I love to solo it, makes for an awesome fight if I get my tactics correct at the time, If I screw it up and it becomes a mess I fight even harder to win and for some reason those fights are the most rewarding in the fact you took them all on and won, haven't lost a solo yet but if you don't regroup further away from main fight and fix and fill everything before they catch up to get back into it, it might come..

Unless it's the sentient mission I jump between them until it's over, then ask the crew if they want to do a quick farm of the area or back to DD.
Most like to do a quick farm because resources are are bugga to get. 

Allow me to preface my post with the fact that I'm a somewhat bad host since my net is unreliable. In other words, I mainly take part as crew in most missions. That said:

56 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

-If your crew, stay on the ship and help kill off all the fighters and crewships before going after points of interest...its easily the most time consuming part of RJ.   Leaving the ship and flying off to do the POI also sucks because you drag alot of enemies with you and cause crewships to spawn far away.   

In my experience most of the time the RJ host/captain has the appropriate battle avionics for the level he's playing (I.e. seeker missiles for Earth, Void Hole for Saturn/Veil), so assisting with killing ships is pointless most of the time.

Thus said I usually aid as a Grendel inside the ship by taking care of invaders, repairing stuff and manning the forge constantly so that the captain always has the resources he needs to kill the enemy. Occasionally I'll also kill Crewships if I'm not busy with my primary role and no one is killing them, perhaps even go to the PoI's if there's people tending to the RJ and crewships, since loot is shared now.

Just to be clear - Never. ask. me. to. kill. in. my. Archwing. - Not gonna happen. Never. I'll repair the ship, I'll pilot, I'll chase crewships, I'll do PoI's, man the guns and forge. But a captain will never see me flying in my AW killing enemy ships with my Archguns. Nevaaaah.

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

-If you crew your #1 job should be taking out crewships.  These are the biggest threats to the RJ.   Taking out fighters is great but crewships should come first.

Yes indeed. It's one of the top priorities. I wish more people cared about Crewships so I can take care of the RJ maintenance with more ease.

-If your a pilot dont get distracted by fighters.   Your job is taking out threats to the RJ.   It probably wont do any good but if there are crewships around then keep your RJ pointed at them so people can sling over.   Lv7 gunnery lets people slingshot about 3500 meters (which blows).  You can now see range to target so if your not at that range move so you are.   If your less than 3500 away move back so you arent getting shot and boarded.     If there are no crewships or they are being dealth with.   You should be taking out outriders(bombers).   Those rip your ship to shreds.   If all that stuff is gone look for turrets, those are just like having crewships firing at you.   If all of that stuff is dead then by all means play with the fighters.

Here I'll just say that if a captain has the appropriate avionic setup for a mission he should mainly take care of fighters in general, while also making sure he is pointed to the crewships as much as possible. Precisely because as I said above stuff like Void Hole helps a lot more than using just RJ gunnery, and because I often have to leave my post to invade crewships just to be met by a drunk pilot that takes quite some time to point to the crewship so I can slingshot to it.

-If your the pilot....pick up avionics/wreckage.  The crap is marked now!!!  I see people totally ignore this stuff.   I would say good job to archwingers who help grab that stuff but your ass probably shouldnt be outside in the first place lol.   Maybe after a mission is over....  

Fully agreed. My heart aches everytime I man the side guns and see an avionic floating there by the side of the RJ while the captain misses it. Worse than that is knowing that if I tell the captain or go out myself I'll likely lose track of the avionic... 😞

-Before you start next mission refine your loot..   Before you refine loot though (no matter who you are) look to see if Revolite is full and if not, make some.   Dont just run in and refine everything.   Those materials arent even used to fix wrecks so stop being so damn greedy.   

Agreed. Not knowing if the host will keep going or not I first craft what I can at the end of the mission, and only after do I refine. If the host goes to the Dojo I just refine without crafting anything.

-I think in general most people who are playing with rando's just want to grind missions.   Dont join pugs if you wanna hunt for resources after a mission.   Use recruit for that or go solo.   

Also agreed. Annoying as heck, even if it only happened once to me.

Then again this is merely my opinion. Since I mostly do PUG's I really don't have much room to complain about how other people play their missions. I just try to fulfill the role no one else is taking care of, usually engineering and maintaining the RJ. Even then, as I pointed out earlier, it's annoying when I'm the only crew inside the RJ and the other 2 are outside yet they don't take care of Crewships. Which forces me to leave my post and do it myself.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

as I pointed out earlier, it's annoying when I'm the only crew inside the RJ and the other 2 are outside yet they don't take care of Crewships. Which forces me to leave my post and do it myself.

Haha that reminds me I've had to leave the ship in slingshot as pilot to deal with crew ships while everyone else is off doing their own thing but I only leave when I know the ship can take the whoopass that's coming without endangering the ship.

you know you have a switched on crew when you don't need to ask in chat to make flux please while a whole swarm of fighters are coming at you. :tongue: Also as pilot I'll always fly through the asteroids to stock up the foundry in missions so the crew have ingredients to work with.

I think the one and only worst crew I've had all stayed on the ship and didn't go out to do anything I don't know why, annoying at the time but I didn't mind to much, so I flew closer to the crew ships and sat there and let them pound on me, I knew the ship could take it but that got the crew spooked to go and do some work. LOL

Edited by Slayer-.
typo

hace 5 horas, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ dijo:

Agree, last night I took with me some guys that were looking for a taxi to an anomaly, then right after we cleared the anomaly i told them we had to finish the mission, omg instantly regret it bc they started flying around trying to help i guess, and fighters were everywhere, i mean, here and there, i couldn't use void hole/munitions vortex properly bc of that.

When I crew, I usually try to multitask, when mission starts i do some side gunnery, when crewships spawn I take them down as fast as I can, teleport back to RJ, check forge for revolite/flux/munitions, etc, then keep focusing crewships.

When I go pilot/host what I do is only focus fighters, as I can get rid of them quickly, I don't really mind that much about 'threats' bc my ship isn't a paper plane haha.

I usually try to not get close to crewships bc the ramsleds really, really, seriously... really annoys me and I hate the screenshake it makes when impact.

I only get relatively close to crewships and face them when I hear someone is in slingshot barrel.

Agree, I do this all the time when pilot.

I don't refine unless i have to go back to drydock. 

But seriously...crewships should be everyone's #1 priority.    When im piloting people either repair/side turret or rush POI.  When I join as crew the pilots never point at the crewships so I can sling over.    If I have a to pilot AND sling I dont need anyone else lol.   I do appreciate the people who atleast stay on board and engineer/side turret.

Agree. But I rarely had people in my squad using slingshot, guess bc it still bugs a lot.

How do you guys feel about it??  What bugs you now that you are playing with others more ??  Does anyone still go solo??(I doubt it lol)

I solo Gian point a lot when farming stuff, isn't that hard when u afford nice avionics.

Edited by (PS4)l-p4p-I
typo
  • Like 1

Aiming at CS: totally agree. Nothing sucks more than when you're in slingshot, trying to aim at a CS and your pilot is moving around like a madman.

Also: in the forge, always restock before you refine. Priority on restocking is from left to right, so Revolite first.

Another: give players some time to farm after the mission is finished. Talk to your team mates for what to do next.