Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valence Fusion DOESN'T CARRY OVER FORMA INVESTMENTS

veryhighcholesterol

Something to check is this (from the patch notes):

*PS: It matters which order you Valence Fuse them in. The weapon that you START from, the one where you click "Actions", is the one that will be kept with its investments.

If you knew that already then you've definitely had a bug occur, as they have specifically stated it should carry Forma across. Make a post in the Feedback section of the Forums (DE doesn't really read General Discussion) and then log a ticket with Support to get your stuff back.

They'll probably even give your stuff back if it wasn't a bug and you just messed up the transfer as per the above note.

• Like 3

Ummm....isn't that how all of WARFRAME works?

You need X weapon to make Y weapon and if your X weapon has Forma, Potatoe, or Forma....it don't transfer over.

Next thing you will be screaming since you sold a Kuva weapons with said things attached and get upset that they did not give the Forma and stuff back.

If you did it on accident....I understand. If you did not understand how this works, that makes sense as well. If you have crafted any weapon using other weapons as parts and you did this on purpose....

• Like 2

literally writtent under the valance fusion changes on the patchnotes It matters which order you Valence Fuse them in. The weapon that you START from, the one where you click "Actions", is the one that will be kept with its investments.

try reading next time on how it actualy works

• Like 10

1 hour ago, veryhighcholesterol said:

Here's a better solution: don't call it fusion if it doesn't actually fuse the best parts of both weapons regardless of the starting weapon chosen. Emailing tech support because of this underhanded #*!%up.

Let's try a BETTER solution even then: file a support ticket and ask them for help. Because it's a new feature and the patch notes weren't clear about the order until several people had this problem, they'll probably restore your weapons and you can retry the fusion in the correct order.

They probably should have only let you fuse into a rank 30+ weapon, and never allow fusion in the other direction. But if wishes were horses, frogs would bump their butts when they hopped. Or something like that. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I love the people saying "try reading" it's so original 

Considering op hasn't elaborated more on this all anyone can assume is that they either didn't understand how it works or had a bug as forma not carrying over is not the intended functionality.

So, yes, op should try reading the patch notes more clearly.

Edited by trst
  • Like 11

4 minutes ago, trst said:

Considering op hasn't elaborated more on this all anyone can assume is that they either didn't understand how it works or had a bug as forma not carrying over is not the intended functionality.

So, yes, op should try reading the patch notes more clearly.

They honestly should make patch notes more accessible for things like this in game to prevent less incidents of this. I don't care about his lost forma but I don't care about how DE does patch notes either

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

They honestly should make patch notes more accessible for things like this in game to prevent less incidents of this. I don't care about his lost forma but I don't care about how DE does patch notes either

You mean literally having patch notes right there when the game loads/checks for updates everytime you start the game

• Like 2

A system that punishes players for fusing in the wrong direction is a bad system. Last time I checked, 2+2=4, not 2+2=0, which is currently what happens if you picked the wrong gun. Players shouldn't be punished for fusing guns in this manner. 0 forma gun + 5 forma gun should always = 5 forma gun with the boosted element. This is an extremely short sighted tragedy of game design.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, veryhighcholesterol said:

A system that punishes players for fusing in the wrong direction is a bad system. Last time I checked, 2+2=4, not 2+2=0, which is currently what happens if you picked the wrong gun. Players shouldn't be punished for fusing guns in this manner. 0 forma gun + 5 forma gun should always = 5 forma gun with the boosted element. This is an extremely short sighted tragedy of game design.

It's a new weapon.

What weapon in WARFRAME when you used another weapon took that weapons Forma it Potatoes or Polarities?

Nothing. Nada. None

Face the fact that you don't know how to Warframe instead of using faulty math to get your point across. Your math should be adding 2+2=22....this way both things are still in the new number

⚔️

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

You mean literally having patch notes right there when the game loads/checks for updates everytime you start the game

If it was accessible as a popup right there we wouldn't be here. Yes the launcher or loader does show the patch notes but the average player dosent care to read them. I'm saying move the patch notes or changes to a screen upon successfully loging in like many other rpgs do that would require you to either X out of the menu or move it away. Because to be frank many players don't pay attention to the launcher "oh well they should" isn't a viable answer as well because we still get cases like this. Admittingly we still would with my suggested plan. But with it being in your face upon loading in your ship vs right there attempting to launch the game because again we"re not here for the launcher were here for the gameplay. Putting something like patch notes in the face of a player upon longing in would yield higher chances to read such though. Therefore lowering the amount of threads like this we get  

12 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

If it was accessible as a popup right there we wouldn't be here

Oh, well would you look at that. A pop up of the latest patch notes that is immediately visible in your face every single time you load into your orbiter.
ncWeOv0.jpg

Edited by -QUILL_PETER-
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

https://i.imgur.com/iTDaAVx.jpg
Screenshots are being a PITA. It's a shot of the latest patch notes on the news pop up that is immediately visible the moment you load into your orbiter.

Read my most recent post. And again while I do empathize with both parties making it so important information pops up upon logging in we get less of these threads 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Read my most recent post. And again while I do empathize with both parties making it so important information pops up upon logging in we get less of these threads 

I would like to point to you that the doorknob in question has been playing Warframe for only just under 4 years, and somehow has managed to never notice the very large holo shoved in his face every load in with the word "NEWS" in size 142 font. Nothing to be gained by making excuses for people who make excuses for themselves.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

If it was accessible as a popup right there we wouldn't be here. 

I mean so far as in-game information goes, on opening the actions menu for a valence transfer there is a description for the action saying "Dismantle a matching weapon to transfer a boosted version of its innate damage bonus to this weapon" which flat states it is just a elemental transfer from that weapon to the primary one, then it double downs on that notion again on the confirmation screen where it lists the growth from the combination alongside side the stats and forma count of the consumed weapon with a notice stating it will be consumed and the process cannot be reversed. For a person who just observes in-game information the only thing they should be expecting is an elemental boost as that is expressly what is shared through all text around the valence system, there is nothing however that indicates forma would carry over through the system.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I love the people saying "try reading" it's so original 

It's accurate. 

44 minutes ago, cmacq said:

Given this info it makes sense not to forma etc. till you get the weapon you want, with the damage type you want.

There's no info that has been given. He just did it wrong.

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, veryhighcholesterol said:

YOU CAN'T CALL IT FUSION IF IT IS STILL A ONE-SIDED TRANSFER.

I understand your metaphor, but I disagree. Instead I propose another one

Nuclear fusion is the process in which deuridium and tridium are fused into radioactive helium. This releases a large amount of energy, which will inevitably destroy anything else nearby -- which is the principle behind a thermonuclear device. So at the end of the explosion, you still have the deuridium and tridium (now in the form of helium) but you don't have the bomb anymore. The bomb is gone, it exploded

Likewise, when you initiate Valence Fusion, you still have the old Valence and the new Valence together (in the form of a stronger new Valence) but you blow up one of the guns to get it

That all said, I do agree that the way you want it to work is how it should work. You totally should have gotten a Catalyst refund

Edited by TARINunit9