Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoriSei

Leecher's on Railjack

Just now, Psianide73 said:

And you think I was leeching?

What? No! ...frankly I have no idea, but that's besides the point.  😃

I wasn't calling you an idiot, my friend. Genuinely, and sincerely.

I was commenting on how not knowing is a result of an oversight in development

You, doing everything you could, still were left to wonder if you were being a, "leech."
...you wonder this, knowing that someone may be making that snap judgement and assumption,
knowing things you don't know (from youtube or good teachers.)

Does that sit right with you? That's all. Sorry if it read another way, that was not my intent.

2 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

What? No! ...frankly I have no idea, but that's besides the point.  😃

I wasn't calling you an idiot, my friend. Genuinely, and sincerely.

I was commenting on how not knowing is a result of an oversight in development

You, doing everything you could, still were left to wonder if you were being a, "leech."
...you wonder this, knowing that someone may be making that snap judgement and assumption,
knowing things you don't know (from youtube or good teachers.)

Does that sit right with you? That's all. Sorry if it read another way, that was not my intent.

Ah! My bad.

I'm so used to people jumping to conclusions.

I see what you mean... Unless I've missed anything obvious, I had to watch vids to get an idea of what I supposed to be doing.

2 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

I had to watch vids to get an idea of what I supposed to be doing.

Yep. That's a symptom of some bad design, I reckon.

We should be able to get this information in game, without it becoming someone else's sh*tshow.
It puts everyone on edge. 😉

vor 4 Stunden schrieb LoriSei:

A simple fix is by implementing votekicks in game, So that I can help other potential players to farm their resources than those who take without any return.

For Mission like Railjack (and maybe arbitation) yes. These Mission takes normally about 30min unless you have the high end gear and nobody should suffer for that long, because there js someone ruining the game for all (leeching, trolling, the host who don't want to drive his own Railjack and leave it's in the middle of a group of enemies,...).

But I don't think that the person who gets kicked out of the group should lose all the resources. It would be best if they did just get put into their own mission and they have to do it alone. On this way the people have the still chance to complete the mission successfully, if they got kicked out of the group.

Short Version: Votekick for Railjack and maybe arbitration. Kicked person should be banished into an own session where they have to complete the mission themself. 

I also really need some kinds of command to "kick" someone out of my railjack in order to tell them to do something rather than being a useless parasite.

I once had a dude on my RJ, he did absolutely nothing, just melee right next to my pilot seat, no idea what for, but just seems to piss me off.

He was MR 20 or something, and it was Veil proxima. High chance this dude leeched all the way to Veil...

5 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

I see two ways to do this.

1. A system like a dating profile that allows you to get as specific as you could ever need, and Matchmaking making suggestions.
    You decide the kind of mission or grind you want, and it lists by, "strong match," "good match," "reasonable." and asking if we want to see or ignore other results.

2. An algorithm that we train by liking certain games and players over others, and it learning which correlating factors to prioritize.

Here from what I understand from your statement. You see splitting players in railjack is not good when the playerbase is in its all time low. For me I prefer small punishment so at least it will disipline them to not do it again.

5 hours ago, (PS4)joehan1287 said:

How can you leech when you are in the Forward Artillery, you will not get any drops because the afk timer triggers.

How could I know because I never done it , and plus all I'm worried about since is I'm unable to access my Forward artillery for a long period of time

5 hours ago, Psianide73 said:

I've just started pugging into Railjack, to try and get stuff for my ship.

I was worried about being seen as a leecher, so I stay on the ship at first, putting out fires and killing boarders. I use the side guns to try and take down a few fighters. And if I don't see the crew ships going down I jump out and pop them from inside.

Am I doing it right? Genuine question.

All it matters that your contributing no matter what your doing but some players out there blatantly doesn't do anything and also leech on their stations just to earn exp and resoruces.

I have piloted my own railjack since day 1.  I keep my settings to public and never bothered with any of the exploits for XP / resetting mission.  I now have a fully decked out railjack.

With that said, I have never had a problem with afk players.  Mentally challenged, yes, but that is partly DEs fault for no training, but afk players are simply not a big enough issue to make the game more constrictive and punish everyone.  

I get you don't like freeloaders, no one does.  Take some screenshots then report them.  Most people want to play and the game mode is not saturated with free loaders.  

It happens rarely and maybe it's a phone call or door bell.  It's not that big a problem.  

You see it loses the reason why Railjack is built, it was meant to be played multiplayer, but there are people that aren't dumb that could exploits in the game.

Setting aside emotionally, theres a huge different of playing the game and not playing the game, and still I'm hearing somone saying that it's their rights to do what ever they want to do.

Hearing those words is absurd and when all it meant deeeply is to invite everyone to do the same thing. 

1 minute ago, LoriSei said:

You see it loses the reason why Railjack is built, it was meant to be played multiplayer, but there are people that aren't dumb that could exploits in the game.

Setting aside emotionally, theres a huge different of playing the game and not playing the game, and still I'm hearing somone saying that it's their rights to do what ever they want to do.

Hearing those words is absurd and when all it meant deeeply is to invite everyone to do the same thing. 

I agree, I do play multiplayer.  But I am not having the same experience you are having.  I have run over a hundred open public railjack missions and already decked out my railjack.  I had maybe one or two afk players in all that time and they weren't afk the whole mission, maybe something happened in real life.  After mission, I went to dojo and disbanded.  No big deal.  

My problems are people joining that don't know what to do.  Like ignoring a gapping hole in ship, then when I get out of pilot seat to fix, they get into the seat and refuse to move.  They were not afk, just jerks / mentally challenged (not sure).

The "solutions" being proposed like vote kick will be detrimental to more players than dealing with the occasional afk / jerk.  It's impossible to not punish everyone.  I think losing awards, drops, and XP for being afk is enough.  

I would be on board with giving the railjack owner the ability to remove a player from position.  Kind of like how the /unstuck feature works.  It can be done once, but not repeatedly.  If someone gets in pilot seat, slingshot, etc. and won't move, you can send em to center of ship.  If they then go right back and you cannot unstuck them again, it's best just to cut losses and leave mission.  

Thankfully, those snowflakes are far and few between.  Most Warframe players are laid back and have more in common than uncommon.  

9 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

I came up with a way to fix this before Railjack Launched.. and I'm a little baffled they didn't use it.

• Each player by default uses their own resources for railjack mission expenses.
  • Each Railjack has a persistent shared vault of resources that any player may supply while aboard, and only withdraw from for in mission expenses.
  • Owner of the Railjack has their own emergency safe that the crew cannot access, which they can ration from to players or tasks specifically.
  • A railjack's owner has a context action to relieve someone from the Pilot's seat if they feel it necessary to save their ship.

Whole lotta problems solved. Everyone agree?

Way too complicated.  The systems we currently have in place are not even working 100% of the time.  LOL

1 hour ago, SQLOwns said:

Way too complicated.  The systems we currently have in place are not even working 100% of the time.  LOL

Too complicated? It's a community chest that works like a Dojo vault.
(and a backup that can't be used by just anyone, in case someone is doing everything possible to bleed that dry)

The reason for it is... Owners of railjack don't want people wasting their resources.. and as a result, might not bring resources to be wasted.
Through this method, people could contribute to the owner rather than take from them, and no one gets to take so much that it harms the mission.

Without that, everyone is put at risk of being shorted by someone else who, "doesn't know what they're doing," or in other words, exceeds a players expectation of cost.. making us all immediately suspect of the performance of others.

You've seen how divisive Railjack can be. This, and better matchmaking, is how we stop that almost entirely.

1 hour ago, LoriSei said:

Here from what I understand from your statement. You see splitting players in railjack is not good when the playerbase is in its all time low. For me I prefer small punishment so at least it will disipline them to not do it again.

Our gameplay isn't supposed to involve telling other people how to play the game; that's the game's job.

People would LOVE to be judge, jury, and executioner of everyone and everything they don't like.
...it would be it's own gameplay loop. "I'm going to go 'teach' the people of railjack."

So we need a way to prevent these problems, that Doesn't involve the tools to be a one man inquisition.

Oh I would love to jettison leeching muppets right out the airlock, without an archwing, and bar them from coming back in. Indulgence in schadenfreude, but well deserved.

Just now, Currilicious said:

Oh I would love to jettison leeching muppets right out the airlock

This is how we're thinking about players.

People who may be new or not fully experienced, trying a different method, or haven't watched the obligatory youtube videos.

How about it, DE? Can we get some revisions to how matchmaking works? These people are out here trying to practice eugenics.. obviously, something is the matter here.

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

Our gameplay isn't supposed to involve telling other people how to play the game; that's the game's job.

People would LOVE to be judge, jury, and executioner of everyone and everything they don't like.
...it would be it's own gameplay loop. "I'm going to go 'teach' the people of railjack."

So we need a way to prevent these problems, that Doesn't involve the tools to be a one man inquisition.

Theres nothing wrong to  judge someone. It's our inuition to observe things, just to see if they are on the right path. Not only one person would decide other persons fate, it's the majority of people would decide his/her act of conduct if he/she affecting everyones progression.

9 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

DE just need to make reporting people who aren't contributing (intentionally) easier to report.

that would involve the employment of people to vet such reports which is unlikely.

3 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

Theres nothing wrong to  judge someone it's our inuition to observe things to see if they are on the right path.

Well, it depends what standard you judge them to.
DE has not laid out a reasonable expectation, so people are making up their own.
It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. It's not supposed to get us in a state of mind where we're trying to banish people to prove our own worth.. which it's doing.
When we're in that state of mind, we're telling people, "Do Not play these game modes, unless you do what I say."

How about if they dont fire the artillery for a certain amount of time it ejects them. Or if it runs out of ammo it ejects them. 

Or if they sit there too long it drains their health and shield to refill ammo and then they die and it ejects them into space. 

Also anyone who joins me is a leech cuz my ship thicc, i did the work, and theyre reaping the benefit of my labor. 

1 minute ago, kapn655321 said:

Well, it depends what standard you judge them to.
DE has not laid out a reasonable expectation, so people are making up their own.
It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. It's not supposed to get us in a state of mind where we're trying to banish people to prove our own worth.. which it's doing.
When we're in that state of mind, we're telling people, "Do Not play those game mode, unless you do what I say."

The topic is about people who mostly like doing nothing and leech in the game. So ur saying that it's ok for you to keep it that way?

Yes its a game and supposed to be fun w/o any leechers too

2 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

How about if they dont fire the artillery for a certain amount of time it ejects them. Or if it runs out of ammo it ejects them. 

Or if they sit there too long it drains their health and shield to refill ammo and then they die and it ejects them into space. 

Also anyone who joins me is a leech cuz my ship thicc, i did the work, and theyre reaping the benefit of my labor. 

Honestly the big gun shouldn't let you in the cannon if you don't have any ammo crafted. I can't tell you how many times I've went "oh yeah I need ammo" after I jumped in 😂

5 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

I wish thats how they fix it. Like I said in my OP theres 2 ways either to have a vote kick or a way to remove them out from thier stationary positions.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Honestly the big gun shouldn't let you in the cannon if you don't have any ammo crafted. I can't tell you how many times I've went "oh yeah I need ammo" after I jumped in 😂

Yeah I had those problem too 😄

11 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

I came up with a way to fix this before Railjack Launched.. and I'm a little baffled they didn't use it.

• Each player by default uses their own resources for railjack mission expenses.
  • Each Railjack has a persistent shared vault of resources that any player may supply while aboard, and only withdraw from for in mission expenses.
  • Owner of the Railjack has their own emergency safe that the crew cannot access, which they can ration from to players or tasks specifically.
  • A railjack's owner has a context action to relieve someone from the Pilot's seat if they feel it necessary to save their ship.

Whole lotta problems solved. Everyone agree?

Bullet Point A: This will make RJ really terrible to play with no cost or refunding if a troll team is on-board (wasting resources for a toxicity standpoint, YES they use their own too, but when you have a tank truck full of them, nothing much to lose for "THAT" player.) 

Bullet Point B: "May" is the key word here, No one will, it's quite asking "Hey random guy/girl, please give this"

Bullet Point (C): Onwers can always troll and lock certrin parts of hte ship cuz it's "MINE, ALL MINE, YOU DON'T GET TO PLAY"

Bullet Point (D): See C.

While the ideas are sound, won't go in a game like this.